Theres That Mountain

Guest kelvinx

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How can you tell the original of The Tripps "Love cant be modernised"/"Theres that mountain" from a re-issue/bootleg?
hi, i have the counterfiet of the above 45 on soundville, which even thou it is a counterfiet is

still hard to come by and is a good copy of the original, it was bootlegged/reissued on soultown.

the only thing i can say is the matrix is very lightly stratched in on both sides - A side small runout -

101-A , B side much larger runout - HSJ-101-B in the second groove.

any good to you?

russ

ps, if off any interest the above 45 i have for sale £20 EX+

Social source share

The Soundville original should be stamped. Don't ask me with what, but thats the difference between the original and the bootleg, otherwise it's a near perfect copy. I found this out to my cost about 8 years back but have forgotten since then.

Social source share

The Soundville original should be stamped. Don't ask me with what, but thats the difference between the original and the bootleg, otherwise it's a near perfect copy. I found this out to my cost about 8 years back but have forgotten since then.

Pete i was more on about the "Soultown" copy not being a Boot,due to "LCBM" being a slightly different cut to the "Soundville" copy,cheers.

Dave f............

Social source share

the 'love' side should be stamped H 101-A and the 'mountain' side HSJ 101-B pete.

will scan and put up later if anyone needs it

cheers

dan

Social source share

just noticed russ's comments above

to make clear, it is stamped on the original, not scratched, and it also has an 'H' on the a-side which seems to be missing from russ's boot

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!