March Prestatyn Date Change

Important news regarding Prestatyn weekender next year

The date for the Spring weekender has been changed by Pontins due to Merseyside school holidays half term arrangements .

THE DATE IS NOW Fri 29th Feb to Mon 3rd of March 2008 which is Two weeks earlier than we advertised at the 2007 weekender.

Everyone who has pre-booked this event will be receiving a letter directly from Pontins (thats a lot of postage for 2,500 people) Thursday nights date is 28th Feb.

We had this confirmed by e-mail last night, please let anyone know who is already making travel arrangements from abroad etc to attend the weekender.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause at this early stage.

However the Midnight hour team can give you a taster and confirm that our first artist booked

are THE PRECISIONS returning with the missing Michael this time , out of all our acts they are the ones everyone keeps asking for !!!!

See You There biggrin.gif

Rob & karen for Midnight Hour team

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Important news regarding Prestatyn weekender next year

The date for the Spring weekender has been changed by Pontins due to Merseyside school holidays half term arrangements .

THE DATE IS NOW Fri 29th Feb to Mon 3rd of March 2008 which is Two weeks earlier than we advertised at the 2007 weekender.

Everyone who has pre-booked this event will be receiving a letter directly from Pontins (thats a lot of postage for 2,500 people) Thursday nights date is 28th Feb.

We had this confirmed by e-mail last night, please let anyone know who is already making travel arrangements from abroad etc to attend the weekender.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause at this early stage.

However the Midnight hour team can give you a taster and confirm that our first artist booked

are THE PRECISIONS returning with the missing Michael this time , out of all our acts they are the ones everyone keeps asking for !!!!

See You There :D

Rob & karen for Midnight Hour team

STEVE L is in the CARIBBEAN so he can't make it :(:ohmy:

Social source share

Thanks for letting us know gives me time to change my booked holiday from work - still not happy with Pontins though :ohmy:

Social source share

Just keeping this well up for people to see.

I'm sure that Pontin's have it written into the booking somewhere that they can change the dates if needed, but, if they already have 2,500 people's money for a weekend in March, are they morally right in changing the date to hopefully, but not guaranteed because they won't have already booked because the giro won't have come, accommodate a bunch of shell suited scouser car thieves who wear their ASBOs with pride.

(Sorry if you're a scouser but the date change has caused me considerable problems at work :(:yes:angry.gif:P )

Social source share

I think they were there before us and there is a lot more involved than meets the eye, but 8 months is plenty of notice for most people to get it sorted, looking ahead my shifts don't fit with the new date, but such is life !! I'll still be there captain.

Dave sent you a PM

Rob

Social source share

They may well be, but some of us live here all year round, and its only half open then :unsure:

Kaz

I worked there in the late 70s and we used to use the swimming pool for swimming lessons from school when the lido was shut. I remember it when it was a race track, my dad had horses down there :lol:

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

And me ! That means I'll be around on the wife's birthday on 17th March for a change :thumbup:

You going next year Bearsy ?

I hope so, told a couple of mates today that like a bit of northern and they seem up for it if not i will go on me own if i have too,

it will be my first time :thumbsup:

Social source share

I hope so, told a couple of mates today that like a bit of northern and they seem up for it if not i will go on me own if i have too,

it will be my first time innocent.gif

Ask on here they will give you the Prestatyn low down, plenty of warm clothes for outside and a spare liver !!....don't forget to book the following week off work to recover...starts on Thursday with the "warm up" (1,800 there 2007 event) then the foot hits the accelerator and you dont stop till about 4 am monday morning 5 rooms, 100 plus DJ 24 hour radio station and at least 6 live acts from the USA..you'll love it !

post-1887-1184399952_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1184400106_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Ask on here they will give you the Prestatyn low down, plenty of warm clothes for outside and a spare liver !!....don't forget to book the following week off work to recover...starts on Thursday with the "warm up" (1,800 there 2007 event) then the foot hits the accelerator and you dont stop till about 4 am monday morning 5 rooms, 100 plus DJ 24 hour radio station and at least 6 live acts from the USA..you'll love it !

is that all :yes:

I have heard only great things about it and up until now its clashed with another event i attend,

ive read the event lookbacks and see the Dj sets :lol:

try keeping me away next year, told the missus and she just :thumbsup:

how do i book

Social source share

I think they were there before us and there is a lot more involved than meets the eye, but 8 months is plenty of notice for most people to get it sorted, looking ahead my shifts don't fit with the new date, but such is life !! I'll still be there captain.

Dave sent you a PM

Rob

its not just getting prestatyn sorted..how about people that cant go and have booked there events around the original dates...for some it means trying to reorganise there own dates..djs etc

i know its not your fault but its a real bummer..mind you ill be there whatever

Social source share

Guest toffee lady

How about a designated rare niter next year? The Redemption Room plays oldies all night and the Main Room is mostly oldies, Queen Vic -top tunes - but finishes too soon, any chance of a shuffle around and give the rare soul fans their own room all night?

Social source share

Guest Ranger

A bit surprised that a large holiday company like Pontin's hasn't realised that Easter falls early next year. Slightly less surprised that they wont honour their mistake.

Anyway, it puts us out. Me & the missus have to book holidays early as both firms only allow a fixed number of people off at any one time. The new dates are booked up (partly because we got in first to get the dates we wanted) and people won't budge.

This will be the first one we've missed & to say we're a tad annoyed would be a slight understatement. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert