Jim Memorial Do

Charity memorial event for Demetrios Demetriou, aka JIM

(See comments on the thread relating to him on All About The Soul, and on the 6ts website)

Friday 16th November

The Loom Bar (formerly Needles)

5 Clipstone Street

London W1

7.00pm - 2.00am

Just a fiver to get in and 100% of proceeds will go to the Lymphoma Association - the charity directly associated with type of cancer Jim had

DJs to include Ady Croasdell, Tony Smith, Ady Lupton, Rob Holmes, and a bit but not too much from Ben, Angelo and Liam

• Replies 53
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Charity memorial event for Demetrios Demetriou, aka JIM

(See comments on the thread relating to him on All About The Soul, and on the 6ts website)

Friday 16th November

The Loom Bar (formerly Needles)

5 Clipstone Street

London W1

7.00pm - 2.00am

Just a fiver to get in and 100% of proceeds will go to the Lymphoma Association - the charity directly associated with type of cancer Jim had

DJs to include Ady Croasdell, Tony Smith, Ady Lupton, Rob Holmes, and a bit but not too much from Ben, Angelo and Liam

Ill be there for this also :lol:

I've just posted a flyer for the night in the Flyers section.

We would be grateful if there are any promoters (particularly in and around London and the South East) who could help us with ideas for a mailing list to circulate the flyer to, as it's for a particularly worthy cause.

• 2 weeks later...

We would be grateful if there are any promoters (particularly in and around London and the South East) who could help us with ideas for a mailing list to circulate the flyer to, as it's for a particularly worthy cause.

Just a reminder

Could people I've mailed pass on info & those I haven't it's because you've been wise enough not to give me your address,so could you spread the word please.

Thanks,hopefully see you all there.

ady

I can send your flyer out via my email list - might be text only no pictures but better than nothing and will reach nearly 2000 people

I can send your flyer out via my email list - might be text only no pictures but better than nothing and will reach nearly 2000 people

That would be great, Pete. Here is the plain text:

An evening of soul music & dancing to celebrate the life of

Jim Demetriou

Friday 16th November

The Loom Bar (formerly Needles), 5 Clipstone Street, London W1

7.00pm 2.00am / entry is £5.00 and 100% of the proceeds will go to The Lymphoma Association (lymphoma.org.uk)

DJs: Ady Croasdell / Tony Smith / Ady Lupton / Rob Holmes / Lenny Dopson / Buey / Ben Summers / Angelo Acanfora / Liam Fuller

Edited by garethx

Shameless bump.

As well as raising a glass or two to Jim's memory you'll also be raising funds to help combat the terrible illness that cut his life tragically short. A fitting tribute to one of the nicest and most dedicated supporters of the Rare Soul scene in London. Plus an excellent lineup of DJs to boot!

You know it makes sense.

Shameless bump.

As well as raising a glass or two to Jim's memory you'll also be raising funds to help combat the terrible illness that cut his life tragically short. A fitting tribute to one of the nicest and most dedicated supporters of the Rare Soul scene in London. Plus an excellent lineup of DJs to boot!

You know it makes sense.

'Bump straight back atcha!' - Just trying to sort out the fastest records I have, can't find anything Jim wouldn't of danced to! - In fact most are are far to slow for him!!! biggrin.gif

Len.

'SILKS' @ WELLINGBOROUGH SAT NOV 24TH - JOHN MANSHIP - MARK BICKNELL - DAVE GREET - LEN DOPSON - PLAYING DAMN GOOD SOUL MUSIC.

***FREE 'LIVE' CD OF THE EMBANKMENT'S FINAL HOUR TO FIRST 100 IN***

In Jim's memory, all the money raised on Friday will go to the Lymphoma Association, so here's what it's all about...

Every hour of every day one person in the UK is diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. There are over 10,500 new cases of lymphoma in the UK each year, half as many again as the much better known leukaemia. It is the most common cancer in the under-30s and the 6th most common cancer overall. Despite this incidence, lymphoma is not a well known disease and many patients first hear of it on diagnosis, making them feel extremely isolated. The Lymphoma Association provides emotional support and information on a range of issues to anyone with lymphatic cancer and to their families, carers and friends.

It's a worthy cause and obviously the more money raised the better, but the most important thing is we have a good night. That's what Jim would really want.

There are over 10,500 new cases of lymphoma in the UK each year, half as many again as the much better known leukaemia. It is the most common cancer in the under-30s and the 6th most common cancer overall.

Jim said he had the rarer version!...Once a soulie, always a soulie...Bless him...

Len. (Jim would of laughed!)

"SILK" Rare Soul Night Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF Saturday 24th November 2007 DJS - JOHN MANSHIP - MARK BICKNELL - DAVE GREET (YATE) - Plus resident - LENNY DOPSON- Info - 07970 361216

*****PLAYING 'DAMN' GOOD SOUL MUSIC!!!*****

*FREE 'LIVE' CD OF THE EMBANKMENT CLUB'S FINAL HOUR TO FIRST 100 THROUGH THE DOOR.*

Helen and I. Hope to be bearing a nice company cheque too.

Good idea,

Who should cheques be made payable to?

Len.

"SILK" Rare Soul Night Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF Saturday 24th November 2007 DJS - JOHN MANSHIP - MARK BICKNELL - DAVE GREET (YATE) - Plus resident - LENNY DOPSON- Info - 07970 361216

*FREE 'LIVE' CD OF THE EMBANKMENT CLUB'S FINAL HOUR TO FIRST 100 THROUGH THE DOOR.*

So who's coming?

Me, Nina, Rob, Sam + ?

No, cheques shouldn't be payable to Len (did I misread something?), but to 'The Lymphoma Association'.

:D:unsure::( (Company Cheque comin' your way mate)

I'll be there with a little box and an unissued George Jackson master to get the modern soul chin-strokers fondling their stubble.

Im really gutted that i am unable attend this.........cant avoid it, duty calls at work unfortunately, military & all that........I'll be thinking of Jim & all of you enjoying yourselves in his honour as he would have wanted..........can somebody pse supply me with a contact for the charity as i would like to make a donation.

Russ

Im really gutted that i am unable attend this.........cant avoid it, duty calls at work unfortunately, military & all that........I'll be thinking of Jim & all of you enjoying yourselves in his honour as he would have wanted..........can somebody pse supply me with a contact for the charity as i would like to make a donation.

Russ

I'm as annoyed to be missing next Friday, Russ. Great to have you back.

Drive down Great Portland St from the Euston Road and Clipstone St is about half way down on the left. The bar is immediately on the right. It's about a 5 min walk down Gt Portland St from Gt Portland St tube or 5 mins going up Gt Portland St from Oxford Circus. Also walking distance (10 mins?) from Regents Park, Warren St and Goodge St tubes.

Drive down Great Portland St from the Euston Road and Clipstone St is about half way down on the left. The bar is immediately on the right. It's about a 5 min walk down Gt Portland St from Gt Portland St tube or 5 mins going up Gt Portland St from Oxford Circus. Also walking distance (10 mins?) from Regents Park, Warren St and Goodge St tubes.

Thanks Ben, thanks Paul.

x

Last minute reminder & "bump" if that's what you call it?

Spread the word & hope to see you later.

cheers ady

Ady, I spoke to you early yesterday evening and you said you were trying to think of something to put to get this back to the top! Can't believe it took you 5 hours! :lol:

Anyway, can't wait, really looking forward to it.

See you both later hun, will bring wine.

xx

See you both later hun, will bring wine.

xx

Why, is there no Bar at this venue? Or are you sneeking it in? (I getcha - London prices aye?!)

Len.

Ssssssh.... don't tell anyone!! :lol:

Nah, its to drink before we go hun! You and Nina both going? will be good to catch up.

x

Shameless bump.

You know it makes sense.

Jim was a great lad and I was shocked to hear of his death. Can't get to this event, but would like to make a donation. Where do i send it to? Paul-s

Do you know best places to park?