Vault Of Soul 12th Jan

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Superb night , love this venue , decent turn out as well.

Musically it was excellent with all DJ's digging a little bit deeper to give us a great night of soul music and not a top 500 in sight, well there may have been the odd one but mainly quality stuff from everyone.

I don't think Wayne DJ's at many places but on this performance he should do, really well thought out set, nice one mate and happy birthday Julie.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with plenty dancing and the odd tune clearing the floor but at this kind of venue it didn't matter and I didn't hear one single complaint from anybody.

I think and hope this one will go from strength to strength and we are looking forward to next one already.

Well done Mark,Errol,Tony and Steve for bouncing back after demise of PF.

See you soon

Paul & Sue :(:lol:

P.S. Any chance of playlists ?

Superb night , love this venue , decent turn out as well.

Musically it was excellent with all DJ's digging a little bit deeper to give us a great night of soul music and not a top 500 in sight, well there may have been the odd one but mainly quality stuff from everyone.

I don't think Wayne DJ's at many places but on this performance he should do, really well thought out set, nice one mate and happy birthday Julie.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with plenty dancing and the odd tune clearing the floor but at this kind of venue it didn't matter and I didn't hear one single complaint from anybody.

I think and hope this one will go from strength to strength and we are looking forward to next one already.

Well done Mark,Errol,Tony and Steve for bouncing back after demise of PF.

See you soon

Paul & Sue :lol::lol:

P.S. Any chance of playlists ?

Mark has mine and is awaiting Tonys and Errols I believe.

Waynes spot was excellent, and Guy Hennigans brilliant - Sharon Jones ? :P

Stevie Cato came across and slept in Shanes (who actually made it from his sick bed, Lazarus like ) old bed :(

Pikey had his Christmas Party I believe and Vaultofsouler only managed to spill one pint (mine) and throw one record on the floor (mine again).

Thanks to Johnny for the venue, Tony for the lift home and to everybody who attended.

yes good debut night for you guys top tunes allnight.the right people up for somthing different rather than the same music policy sheffeild has had to put up with for a number of years .

not to forget the boss johnny getting a few promotors together bringing the best soul music on a plate to yorkshire.

after getting together with johnny i will be running a alternitive soulnight at the queb

downstairs will be funk ,70s & 80,s with some of the uks top funk boys

upstairs will be rare 60.s and crossover from djs & collectors with somthing new in mind to keep the demand going for new discovories with resident steve cato,Andy dyson.myself, and the uks top rare soul hunters

,john britton.steve green.Mick & Mo .mark hopes.just to name a few

the launch is SUNDAY MARCH 23RD BANK HOLIDAY)starting at 2pm and running through till 1am

i will be trying to get a few record dealers together for the sunday afternoon for a record fair if your interested please email me trentsoul@aol.com or 07968030464 for more info

keep a lookout on here for more info on the dj line up and flyers will be out in the next 10 days

LIFELINE WEEKENDER 1ST ,2ND ,3RD FEB

YE OLD BELLE .HOTEL.RETFORD .NOTTS

FOR INFO ON WEEKEND PASSES OR JUST SAT NIGHT PASSES.ACCOMADATION PHONE

Mick 07968030464,Andy 01302744927.Chalky.07743863529.

yes good debut night for you guys top tunes allnight.the right people up for somthing different rather than the same music policy sheffeild has had to put up with for a number of years .

not to forget the boss johnny getting a few promotors together bringing the best soul music on a plate to yorkshire.

after getting together with johnny i will be running a alternitive soulnight at the queb

downstairs will be funk ,70s & 80,s with some of the uks top funk boys

upstairs will be rare 60.s and crossover from djs & collectors with somthing new in mind to keep the demand going for new discovories with resident steve cato,Andy dyson.myself, and the uks top rare soul hunters

,john britton.steve green.Mick & Mo .mark hopes.just to name a few

the launch is SUNDAY MARCH 23RD BANK HOLIDAY)starting at 2pm and running through till 1am

i will be trying to get a few record dealers together for the sunday afternoon for a record fair if your interested please email me trentsoul@aol.com or 07968030464 for more info

keep a lookout on here for more info on the dj line up and flyers will be out in the next 10 days

LIFELINE WEEKENDER 1ST ,2ND ,3RD FEB

YE OLD BELLE .HOTEL.RETFORD .NOTTS

FOR INFO ON WEEKEND PASSES OR JUST SAT NIGHT PASSES.ACCOMADATION PHONE

Mick 07968030464,Andy 01302744927.Chalky.07743863529.

The Ponds Forge boys have always tried to do something different from the norm in Sheffield, and more of the same can only help. The above is great news for the Sheffield Soul Scene Mick, rather than the same old same old. I'll be there for this one.

You might want to post it in events talk as well as lookbacks for maximum publicity.

Steve

The Ponds Forge boys have always tried to do something different from the norm in Sheffield, and more of the same can only help. The above is great news for the Sheffield Soul Scene Mick, rather than the same old same old. I'll be there for this one.

You might want to post it in events talk as well as lookbacks for maximum publicity.

Steve

will do Steve.

Thanks for the words of support on here and to all those who told us so on the night....

Thanks to Guy Hennigan for a great spot.... I haven't got his playlist but will try to get it....

Also haven't got one of Wayne who did a bit behind the decks for "his Julie" with it being her birthday.... I'm sure if he reads this he'll add his....

Here's what we played with Guy and Wayne's in between.... as near to their order as can recall....

ERROL

Chuck Bridges - Don't You Make Me Cry

Eugene Jefferson - Pretty Girl Dressed In Brown

Falcons - Good Good Feeling

Chryslers & Monarchs - I'm Not Gonna Lose You

Festivals - Hey Girl

Creations - Footsteps

Isonics - Sugar

John Bowie - You're Gonna Miss A Good Thing

Ambassadors - Too Young For Me

Tempos - Lonely One

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I Know The Inside Story

Betty Lavette - I'm Holding On

Intros - Stop Look And Listen

Don Ray - Born A Loser

Deena Johnson - Breaking Point

Barbara Mason - You Better Stop It

Melvin Elling - Lonely Eyes

Epitome Of Sound - You Don't Love Me

Jackie Wilson - Because Of You

MARK

Claudine Clark - The Telephone Game

Superlatives - Lonely In A Crowd

Pat & Pam - I'm The One Who Loves You

George Huey - That's Why I Cry

Kittens - Is It Over Baby?

Brothers Of Soul - Come On Back

Admirations - Wait Til I Get To Know You

Fantaisions - Unnecessary Tears

Ray & Dave - Wrong Wrong Wrong

Jean Battle - I've Got To Come In

Jive Five - If I Had The Chance To Love You

Betty Moorer - Speed Up

Sunday - Ain't Got No Problems

Lee Williams & Cymbals - It's Everything About You (That I Love)

I.A.P. Co. - Check Yourself

Caesars - (La La) I Love You

Hesitations - She Won't Come Back

Stoppers - Come Back Baby

Pat & Pam - I Love You Yes I Do

Billy Stewart - What Have I Done

STEVE

Detroit Emeralds - Holding On

Dynamics - Whenever I'm Without You

Andy Fisher - My Hearts Beating Stronger

Kenni Lewis - Whats Her Name

Chubby and the Turnpikes - I Didn't Try

Ray Jimenez - Leave Her Alone

TSU Tornadoes - Please Heart Don't Break

21st Century - Shadow of a Memory

Terri Bryant - When I'm in Your Arms

Custers Last Band - I Couldn't Last A Day Without Your Love

Imperial C's - Someone Tell Her

Robert Tanner - Sweet Memories

Roy Robert - I Know What To Do To Satisfy You

Four Tracks - Like My Love For You

Bobby Bland - Yum Yum Tree

Peggy Gaines - When The Boy That You Love

Benny Harper - My Prayer

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me

Darrell Banks - I'm The One Who Loves You

Monique - If You Love Me

James Fountain - Seven Day Lover

Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone Too Long

TONY

Betty Everett - You're Falling In Love

Four Tops - Don't Bring Back The Memories

Temptations - I Want A Love I Can See

Sugar & The Spices - Have Faith In Me

Four Shells - Reputation

Jesse Johnson - Left Out

Bobby Hutton - Come See What's Left Of Me

Lee Tillman - All These Things

California Rock Choir - Whoever You are

Major IV - I Don't Believe In Losing

Bitter & The Sweet - I Won't Have Any Babies For You

Unique Blend - Yes I'm In Love

TSU Tornadoes - What Good Am I

Danny Wagner - I Lost A True Love

David Ruffin - What You Gave Me -

Commands - Hey It's Love

Masqueraders - I Ain't Gonna Stop

Skyliners - Everthing Is Fine

Mixed Emotions - Gold Of My Life

Liz Verdi - Think It Over

Ellie Greenwich - Baby

Debonaires - How's Your New Love Treating You

Masqueraders - How Big Is Big

Here's to the next one in February :boxing: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler

Great time indeed and nice to see Mr Dutton with a drink inside him laugh.gif:) ..We have photos...

Great tunes with something different,nice venue and a happy crowd...Yes Wayne did a grand job and nice to see Guy behind the decks too with some great tunes for my ears...top top class indeed...

Nice one Mark/Errol and the team,will be back as the hostel is just round the corner with the original teeth marks from Shane :D ..

Still smiling today..Nice one...

Guest biggray1

Slammin Nite,music was ace,nice to hear summert different,quality venue,nice atmosphere,good beer's Hic..and i got me own corner and danced me self daft...Flipped me soul when Roy Hamilton The Panic is on..was played..we will return..Biggray.

Guest Johnny Sheffield

Well done guy's

Thanks to everyone that came. I am so pleased to read the feed back and see the great positive words that have been said regarding the night and the venue.

Also thanks to Mick H for your support. I'm looking forward to working with you and your team. I have great confidence that your new nights at QUBE will be very successful

keep up the good work

Johnny & Dawn

Guest lagerlout

really disappointed i missed this as ive been a regular at the vaults nights.

with the revues of the event looks like its gonna be a good move back into the

centre of sheffield once more.

been to the qube soul related events a few times and have always enjoyed them.

jonny & dawn are great people, even the staff dance behind the bar.

looking forward to getting myself fit and well and indulging with the likes of

killer franklin,madcap mannion,shane potter,pikey,and cigar wayne.

hope to make the march event if everything works out for me,plus hopefully going on my hols in feb and will miss the 2nd event anyway.

packhorse pete..

Guest Lydia H

I had a great time, thanks to all...had a great dance, met some nice people and generally enjoyed myself to bits. Thanks to Paul and Phil for their hospitality again, thanks to Wayne and Julie for getting us to come out for Julie's birthday otherwise we woulda stayed home with the toolbox again...And thank you Errol for the CD which I will listen to at the next opportunity.

See you all there again soon

:thumbsup:

I had a great time, thanks to all...had a great dance, met some nice people and generally enjoyed myself to bits. Thanks to Paul and Phil for their hospitality again, thanks to Wayne and Julie for getting us to come out for Julie's birthday otherwise we woulda stayed home with the toolbox again...And thank you Errol for the CD which I will listen to at the next opportunity.

See you all there again soon

:thumbsup:

I Second that emotion,Big thanks to Paul & Phil for a great finish to a great night. and

a big , big Happy Birthday to Jules

xx

Guest Decroco

Thanks to everyone that made it a night to remember, and for the wishes for mi Julie(she's not really 35 - I was kidding! she is actually...)

Sorry for farting in the lift Stevie but when you've got to go...

I had some great encouragement for the tunes that I played, so here as requested are the ones in no particullar order.

JESSE FISHER - NOT LOVING A BEGINNER

MARVIN GAYE - DESPERATE SITUATION

" " - GONNA GIVE HER ALL THE LOVE I'VE GOT

ROY HAMILTON - PANIC IS ON

" " - AND I LOVE HER

MELVIN DAVIS - SAVE IT

ERNIE AND ED - INDICATION

TIMEBOX - BEGGIN'

GARLAND GREEN - ANGEL BABY

DANNY WOODS - I WANT TO THANK YOU

DAVID RUFFIN - NO MATTER WHERE

THE SOUL NOTES - DON'T MAKE ME BEG

FOUR SONICS - EASIER SAID THAN DONE

MAURICE WILLIAMS - RETURN

I think that I got them all there and ain't left any out, if you want to hear these tunes and more drop me a line and I will try to CD them for you.

I must say thanks to Errol for his comment 'thats the best set I've heard all year' to which my reply was 'its only the 14th of January!' - cheers mate!!!!! :P

I must say thanks to Errol for his comment 'thats the best set I've heard all year' to which my reply was 'its only the 14th of January!' - cheers mate!!!!! :)

:P:D .... that's "our" Errol....

Thanks for your playlist Wayne.... hope "yer Julie" enjoyed her birthday night....

Anyway.... now that some time as passed and having spoken with the other guys (Errol, Tony & Steve) after reading what we've had off people feedback wise on here, and also having had feedback via texts and emails about the night to one or more of us, I think we can now put our thoughts up....

Too many individuals on here and elsewhere to thank, but you know who you are....

Right.... what I (we) want to say....

Going into the night I don't think any of us expected it to turn out as it did.... I mean to say that since having left Ponds Forge at VoS's 7th Anniversary back in September, then having the Nov & Dec nights elsewhere (as asked to do), and then deciding to move "back into the city centre", I think there was more than a little trepidation about how it would go.... this was because we felt we were like "nomads" trying to find the right place, the right crowd, etc., and that people would think this may be an ongoing thing for VoS....

Thankfully, due in a big way to Johnny and his support, willingness and commitment to "have us there and go with us" on this (as he'd expressed to us back in April 2007 "if ever" PF ended) it seems we've found our new "niche" here in Sheffield.... the management (Johnny & Dawn) "wanted" us there, we wanted to be there, and the folks talking to us over the last 3 weeks of flyering it suggested it was "the best move" and be great.... for all these reasons we were hoping that Qube as a new home for VoS would continue to supply Sheffield (plus South Yorkshire and the far and wide travelling people who like what we do) with what they "know" we are about....

I "know" I speak for us all ("VoS") when I say we couldn't have wished and hoped for a better "debut", as Mick H "coined" it in an earlier post.... we would agree with that term so far as debuts go with being at a new venue....

VoS have been proud to bring the music back into to Sheffield (and the area) since our humble beginnings at "Under The Boardwalk" (no pun intended) back in late 95/early 96, then Khans (briefly), before settling in at the "Deepend" back in 97.... since those days, and then onto "Ponds Forge" in 2000 for 7 years, I don't think we've ever really looked back....

So, finally, we'd just like top say a massive thank you to all those that have supported us, past and present (with a fair few along "all" of the way), we hope you all continue to do so....

"Your pleasure is our aim".... soulfully Mark, Errol, Tony & Steve (VoS crew).... and not forgetting Guy Hennigan and Wayne who were great assets to the night....

Edited by vaultofsouler