Beware Of Bolton Wigan Play Farce

Paul-s

BOLTON OCTAGON are staging a play called 'Once Upon A Time In Wigan. LIVE'

'LIVE' being the key word to watch out for! :rolleyes: It stands for live music and singing. No, not from soul artists, but from the actors themselves! :D

THIS CRAP IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAY THAT MY COMPANY TOURED TO THOUSANDS OF SOULIES IN 2004! :lol:

THIS IS A MUSICAL WHERE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WHITE ACTORS SING THE SONGS TO A HOUSE BAND. A bit like THE WHEELTAPPERS AND SHUNTERS SOCIAL CLUB!

They have been deliberately trying to confuse in the advertising and I had to ask them to remove a newspaper quote about my play, that they were using to advertise theirs!

I devised this play, based on my experiences of going to wigan and Mick Martin wrote it. Unfortunately, as he was a friend of 20 years, I trusted him to look after it and not sell it to the highest bidder. MISTAKE....He has since proved himself to be a 'soul less w--k-r!

The guy is not and was not, a soulie. I took him to a couple of nighters in the eighties and he just got pissed up! The production worked in its presentation, the actors, the film, the setting, but, most of all, the use of a real and narrative sound track. Mark Babbage, the director, hasn't got a clue about our scene and its soulful ethic! If he did, he wouldn't dare trivialise it, by doing a musical execution of something that means a lot, to a lot of people.

Watch out for Winstanley popping up at the opening! It will definitely get coverage on his show and I would expect him to be djing at the opening (if there is money involved!)

From the heart

Paul-s

• Replies 0
  • Views 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert