• Replies 47
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Nik Mak

:( ...........Nik might be referring to the first press with slightly different credits & slightly different shade of label colour.........but then you knew that didnt you cheeky :thumbup: .

Russ

Hi mate. :wave:

Social source share

Has anyone got scans of the two different issues... and evidence of which one came first?

Danny from Swindon way, who's second name I cant remember now, bought the second press back from the US in small quantity in the late 8ts early 9ts. I cant remember the exact details now Joe, but the original press was withdrawn cos the credits wernt right, the second/repress had amended credits & the label colour was a very slightly different shade. Remember it well, cos on the same trip he found a Cairos in a book shop, in the book, sleeveless. but in good nick I beleive ! ............I've hammered on about this numerous times, but no one can seem to remember the full details & others beleive it to be a myth I'm sure...........but its true I tell ya !!!.

Danny, if your lurking about, pse put us out of our misery.

Russ

Social source share

Danny from Swindon way, who's second name I cant remember now, bought the second press back from the US in small quantity in the late 8ts early 9ts. I cant remember the exact details now Joe, but the original press was withdrawn cos the credits wernt right, the second/repress had amended credits & the label colour was a very slightly different shade. Remember it well, cos on the same trip he found a Cairos in a book shop, in the book, sleeveless. but in good nick I beleive ! ............I've hammered on about this numerous times, but no one can seem to remember the full details & others beleive it to be a myth I'm sure...........but its true I tell ya !!!.

Russ

so still none the wiser then....

My copy came from the U.S. so I'd be interested in finding out whether its the one with the correct or incorrect credits.

Manships guide doesn't state that there's two different issues, or even that it's been booted.

Social source share

so still none the wiser then....

My copy came from the U.S. so I'd be interested in finding out whether its the one with the correct or incorrect credits.

Manships guide doesn't state that there's two different issues, or even that it's been booted.

If you go on popsike you can clearly see the different credits........I've been trying to put the scans up on here but cant, anyone else try pse. BTW still cant remember which was the first :D ......its not a boot as far as i know, its a repress done cos the original was withdrawn.

Russ

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Russ

Russ are you thinking Danny Everard?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

we've done this one before folks....so there's a previous thread which explains

i've got a copy with one label and my mate dirty-john has got t'other - i'm sure that when we compared them they were both stamped off the same plates? so i don't think it's really significant which is the first one, cos obviously neither is a bootleg

.....or is it? :thumbsup:

i don't think there are that many kicking around - you don't see it for sale very often.....i would want a lot more than £80 if i was selling one :lol:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Has anyone got scans of the two different issues... and evidence of which one came first?

i scanned both and put them up on a thread a few years ago ago - i think we kinda agreed that one was earlier than the other, can't remember why now though...think it was cos someone had the copy which was first uncovered

the colour variation is negligible - it's the credits that are (slightly) different

Social source share

we've done this one before folks....so there's a previous thread which explains

i've got a copy with one label and my mate dirty-john has got t'other - i'm sure that when we compared them they were both stamped off the same plates? so i don't think it's really significant which is the first one, cos obviously neither is a bootleg

.....or is it? :thumbsup:

i don't think there are that many kicking around - you don't see it for sale very often.....i would want a lot more than £80 if i was selling one :lol:

As i stated earlier, they are not bootlegs, but a REPRESS the original was withdrawn cos there was a hooha over credits, credits were ammended & record was repressed. Furthermore there is a colour difference in the label, its quite obvious when you get them together.........ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHICH WAS THE WITHDRAWN ORIGINAL PRESS, I did know, but self abuse & the mists of time have fogged the memory :lol: . It is significant, altho as you quite rightly state, neither is a boot, cos otherwise the information will become lost, we need to document this info correctly. Most people either dont know about the repress, or dont want to know in case the one they have turns out to be the second press !!!. So can we pse nail this........does the previous thread get to the bottom of it ???.......i cant find it to check.

Russ

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

As i stated earlier, they are not bootlegs, but a REPRESS the original was withdrawn cos there was a hooha over credits, credits were ammended & record was repressed. Furthermore there is a colour difference in the label, its quite obvious when you get them together.........ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHICH WAS THE WITHDRAWN ORIGINAL PRESS, I did know, but self abuse & the mists of time have fogged the memory :lol: . It is significant, altho as you quite rightly state, neither is a boot, cos otherwise the information will become lost, we need to document this info correctly. Most people either dont know about the repress, or dont want to know in case the one they have turns out to be the second press !!!. So can we pse nail this........does the previous thread get to the bottom of it ???.......i cant find it to check.

Russ

from memory, the one with the darker blue print is the second issue...but i'm not sure on this!!!

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

from memory, the one with the darker blue print is the second issue...but i'm not sure on this!!!

Thanks peeps (Russ!). Got one & it's the first press I'm reliably informed. :thumbsup: I will be dropping this at the weekend! :D

Social source share

was this Dave Thorley or Gary Rushbrook at TOTW....?......super manic upstairs steamer :D

Hi Guys

Only just read this thread. Richard played it first as Case Of Time C/U at Wigan. Got mine from Soul Bowl about six months later and played it at Yate. Richard and I went on to play it at early Staffords. As far as I know Gary Rushbrook never had one at that time.

As to the label thing, pale grey/light blue, Reave Watkins is the first issue. Both mine and Richards were the same, which in it's self doesn't confirm, but in addition John Anderson, did tell me about the second press some years later, when I saw one at an event, show it to him and he told me they were the second issues. He did at some time in the passed speak to someone involved with the record.

Hope that helps

Dave

Social source share

Russ

That was Danny Huff, found 2 or 3 Cairos, a few Tommy Ridgeley's too.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

ou beat me to it tony

I think I may be able to clear up the confusion? I've just got my copy thru and it's the silvery bluey one. After playing it I realised that the run out is cut short IE: the fade doesn't go to nothing but stops in mid sentence. This could be the reason there was another press run as it would stop the record from being played on the radio, which would be the main objective. If this had happened on the demo they would have probably let it go out but the issue would have been recalled and done again? (Probably really confused the shit out of everyone now! LOL! :) )

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Russ

It's Danny Huff that your talking about, and your wrong about a copy of the Cario's, It was TWO, One was Ex the other had a edge chip, Ted Massey had one, Nick Brown the other I believe, Danny was a bit shy about who brought them. It was £500 at the time which was a hell of alot of Money for the late 80's.

I saw both records together, he also got Tommy Ridgely and Little Stanley, I couldn't afford the £250 he wanted for TR, was only 19 at the time.

Hope it clears it up for you Russ

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Hi Guys

Only just read this thread. Richard played it first as Case Of Time C/U at Wigan. Got mine from Soul Bowl about six months later and played it at Yate. Richard and I went on to play it at early Staffords. As far as I know Gary Rushbrook never had one at that time.

As to the label thing, pale grey/light blue, Reave Watkins is the first issue. Both mine and Richards were the same, which in it's self doesn't confirm, but in addition John Anderson, did tell me about the second press some years later, when I saw one at an event, show it to him and he told me they were the second issues. He did at some time in the passed speak to someone involved with the record.

Hope that helps

Dave

:rolleyes:

Social source share

It's Danny Huff that your talking about, and your wrong about a copy of the Cario's, It was TWO, One was Ex the other had a edge chip, Ted Massey had one, Nick Brown the other I believe, Danny was a bit shy about who brought them. It was £500 at the time which was a hell of alot of Money for the late 80's.

I saw both records together, he also got Tommy Ridgely and Little Stanley, I couldn't afford the £250 he wanted for TR, was only 19 at the time.

Hope it clears it up for you Russ

time muddies the brain im afraid :thumbup: i already had the Carios (kebs copy) i met Danny in a car park in Bristol and bought the Tommy Ridgley he had 2 copies i paid 200 and the other went to tim Brown for 250 Danny said he charged him more cause he could afford it laugh.gif

Social source share

I think I may be able to clear up the confusion? I've just got my copy thru and it's the silvery bluey one. After playing it I realised that the run out is cut short IE: the fade doesn't go to nothing but stops in mid sentence. This could be the reason there was another press run as it would stop the record from being played on the radio, which would be the main objective. If this had happened on the demo they would have probably let it go out but the issue would have been recalled and done again? (Probably really confused the shit out of everyone now! LOL! :ohmy: )

Both issues do that..as stated earlier,they're both pressed off the same stampers.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Both issues do that..as stated earlier,they're both pressed off the same stampers.

:(

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

time muddies the brain im afraid :rolleyes: i already had the Carios (kebs copy) i met Danny in a car park in Bristol and bought the Tommy Ridgley he had 2 copies i paid 200 and the other went to tim Brown for 250 Danny said he charged him more cause he could afford it laugh.gif

Us lot in Swindon knew he had two Carios, Danny would never confirm who actually brought them, £500 was a top ticket price then and there were not many records exchanging hands for much more at the time. You were known for the shrine thing and everybody in swindon assumed you got one, Danny was also very friendly with nick brown from orpington who was another into buying the shrine things.

A case of 1+1=2, 20 years on and you find out you got it wrong sad.gif

I'll pull him on the TR as I certainly couldn't afford it!

I still see Danny about once a month, he's settled down now living in London, not really interested in the scene now.

Still as mad as a hatter.

Edited by julesp1905
Social source share