and The 'funkiest' Soul Record Of All Time Is?

• Replies 97
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what ever it is itll have bootsy collins and george clinton in it for sure

Make my funk the P funk I wants to get funked up .

Propper soulfull funk Ann Sexton -Your losing me , every time I hear this it makes me wanna get down wit my bad self Bro good.gif

Social source share

When I get the occasional urge to get down with my bad self I usually surround myself with scantily-clad bitches and place this gem on the turntable. Then the wife walks in, the music gets turned off, the bitches leave and Im doing the washing-up for the next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0keky_Iv0

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

When I get the occasional urge to get down with my bad self I usually surround myself with scantily-clad bitches and place this gem on the turntable. Then the wife walks in, the music gets turned off, the bitches leave and Im doing the washing-up for the next month.

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZD0keky_Iv0

ROD

:thumbup: Listening to that and picturing the scene - not good

Social source share

There's a great "loop" of this track from 90's on Tuff City [i think] by 808 King.

ROD

It's by The 45 King I think, and it's bloody fantastic - for about 30 seconds, then you realise it's not going to change pitch or anything else and it repeats itself for the whole of the record.

Social source share

It's by The 45 King I think, and it's bloody fantastic - for about 30 seconds, then you realise it's not going to change pitch or anything else and it repeats itself for the whole of the record.

Yes DJ Mark the 45 King - the 900 number, used two get played for ages by crossfading two copies. Great tune.

gary

Edited by gazman
Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

atomic dog fukadelic someone stick a link on to you tube if poss the record not live, i cant do it. this is funk mr clinton at his best

Social source share

Sorry don't know why I wrote 808. Musta been thinking about 808 State. When I was selling hip hop/rap a couple of them worked in Eastern Bloc and used to buy it off me.

Anyway here's 45 king track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axJpBlxW6n0

ROD

Social source share

.........And the winner is...Fight The Power-The Isley Brothers... :shades::wub:

My wife's favourite tune by far ....................

but for me has to be anything by Stevie Wonder featuring Nathan Watts on Bass Guitar.............I'm a bass player and I Wish.............

Social source share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0keky_Iv0

ROD

i thought your wife was an around the way girl with extensions in her hair, bamboo earrings, a fendi bag, etc.

Social source share

Guest john s

One thats doing it for me at the mo

Robert Ramsey "you can't get away" Fabor........Funky :thumbup:

Steve J

Picked this one up last year - great 45!

Social source share

I wish! Im afraid it's more curlers and a hairnet whilst she donkeystones the step and at her age Oil of Ulay rather than Camay.

Any references you don't understand due to cultural differences please PM.

ROD

I've heard tell that her nets aren't too clean though whistling

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Picked this one up last year - great 45!

The other side "lonely man" is a very good Deep soul track and the side that took this to the £100 price tag on one or two sites, You can't get away is a Great track :thumbup:

Social source share

Not many female artists in this thread but guys some of those girls sure knew how to funk it up as well !! (well my interpretation of funk anyway)

One of my favs is Kellee Patterson - I'm gonna love you a little more baby (I know its a Barry White number) but imo she funked it better than he did.

I aint got a clue how to attach a you-tube thingy mi jig yet so if one of you nice guys (Malc??? or maybe Joe ??) would help me out here I would be very grateful.

ATB

Alison x

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i know it might not be too funky and more disco to some but you got to love Kool and the Gang - Celebration having just has it on and it still moves me for a song

Social source share

Kool and the Gang my arse! What about this gem.

Well Rod, it is fucky, but not my cup of tea.

I can't think for the life of me which is my fuck fav.

Thinking is hard when you are on your 4th bottle of wine.

i am pissed, you can count on your fingers how many times I have been pissed since I was 40 (and I'm 54 this year.)

Yours Dave.

Social source share

Well Rod, it is fucky, but not my cup of tea.

I can't think for the life of me which is my fuck fav.

Thinking is hard when you are on your 4th bottle of wine.

i am pissed, you can count on your fingers how many times I have been pissed since I was 40 (and I'm 54 this year.)

Yours Dave.

rod is the james trouble of this thread

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!