George Lemons - Fascinating Girl

So that's Buddy Smith, Carstairs and now George Lemons.............are you on the right site laugh.gif

Would you like to find me the place where I said I didn't like Voices of East Harlem or are you just making stuff up now?

George Lemons can't sing.

Buddy Smith's record is a dirge.

Yes I am on the right site, thanks.

Social source share

As far as i know there are no w/d's Guy once said to me he had seen a copy with a different colour logo at the top but that could have been coloured in by someone expect 1200+ still popular and was well received at York where they know good music unlike Wombourneshades.gif

You buy it, this Wombourne rubbish music :boxing:

Social source share

Now you Guys aren't gonna tell me its unsual for an artist to have / be a "one hit Northern soul wonder" :boxing:

I'm sure there was some sort of story about the George Lemons record only coming out because they were mafia/criminal types and wanted George to get a record release. Or I may be thinking about someone else, somebody will know. He certainly has a Criminal record.

Social source share

I'm sure there was some sort of story about the George Lemons record only coming out because they were mafia/criminal types and wanted George to get a record release. Or I may be thinking about someone else, somebody will know. He certainly has a Criminal record.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifBrilliant! I'm with you on this one Pete......

Social source share

It's a while since we agreed so it's nice to say that you are right on above and so right on your opinion of this pile of cack, it is one of the worst records ever, and I refuse to listen to that soundclip to change that opinion, as I am sure it would. At the end of FG (can't bring myself to say the title) when he starts warbling it sounds like Vic Reeves in pub singer stylee, but worse.

I think Lemon's mother was a Ma Baker type figure and GL is doing life for killing a police man in a motel shoot out, the full story is on here somewhere, so check it out as my memory isn't what it should be! I can say that the only reason for re-introducing Capital Punishment would be for all involved in this record.

Not often we agree Ted..............but you're bang on this time.....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I am not sure I can ever remember disagreeing with you on music Mr Steele, but definitely this time. Cliff Steel and Northern Soul hang your head in shame for allowing this criminal record to escape from the depths of the 1cent bargain bin where it belongs to be banged up for life!

Social source share

I am not sure I can ever remember disagreeing with you on music Mr Steele, but definitely this time. Cliff Steel and Northern Soul hang your head in shame for allowing this criminal record to escape from the depths of the 1cent bargain bin where it belongs to be banged up for life!

Even harsher than me! :boxing:

Social source share

George Lemons can't sing.

Buddy Smith's record is a dirge.

Agree on George Lemons - a horrifically poor record wanker.gif

Buddy Smith however is in my top ten. I love the pace and atmosphere - I love the lisp - but most of all I love it when Buddy sings the lyrics "When You Lose The One You Love ..." so damned bloody fast that you have to stop and work out what he actually just said ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

There was a copy of George Lemons on ebay a few weeks back that i watched .

Just checked my ended items but can't find it ??

It didnt go for as high as i expected ,but deffo no more than a grand if memory serves me right.

Its one of those records for me ,that just goes down well at the end of a good soul night ......and no Pete ,not to send people on their waylaugh.gif

By the way another of your pet hate records is GEORGE HOBSON i seem to recallg.gif

P.S

Pete, when i was on my jollies in Portugal t'other week,i went to a big festival and was surprised to see The Stranglers topping the night whistling.gif

Social source share

Agree on George Lemons - a horrifically poor record wanker.gif

Buddy Smith however is in my top ten. I love the pace and atmosphere - I love the lisp - but most of all I love it when Buddy sings the lyrics "When You Lose The One You Love ..." so damned bloody fast that you have to stop and work out what he actually just said ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers

Richard

Where abouts in the song, when he sings the first words? Theres no way he's saying the title, he's saying something like "wherewithall" unsure.gif

Social source share

NOT ONE TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON BUT HAVE A GEORGE LEMMONS FOR SALE ILL PUT IT UP FOR OFFERS

TILL SUNDAY EVENING OR SOME NICE TRADES CONDITION IS EX+ IT WILL BE IN SALES SECTION

AND I'LL KEEP EVERYBODY INFORMED PM FOR DETAILS ALL INTERESTED PARTIES

ALL OF THE NEG BOYS PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELVES PLEASEwhistling.gif

THANKS BRIAN

Social source share

Where abouts in the song, when he sings the first words? Theres no way he's saying the title, he's saying something like "wherewithall" unsure.gif

No mate - that's it - right at the start! That's where I reckon he says "When you lose the one you love ..." - listen to it - that's one reason why it's a fantastic record thumbup.gif

Richard

Social source share

If it is criminal for allowing this record to get turntable action then I think that Tingle record Pete has for his avatar deserves the death penalty tongue.gif

I saw the topic on the front page Pete and I wondered how many posts before you said it was the worst record ever, you didn't let me down thumbup.gif:rolleyes:

Social source share

There is some murky story in there Pete, think they used the studio etc for money laundering. His parents I think involved in a shoot out with cops.

Social source share

Why are some of the most expensive records actually among the worst records ever played on the scene, the following three records are in my opinion absolute garbage and worth in reality 20p each (tops) Frank Wilson - Do I Love You, The Andantes - Like A Nightmare and last of all the daddy of 3rd rate soul music George Lemons - Fascinating Girl.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

No mate - that's it - right at the start! That's where I reckon he says "When you lose the one you love ..." - listen to it - that's one reason why it's a fantastic record thumbup.gif

Richard

buddy smith - when you lose the one you love -

Social source share

buddy smith - when you lose the one you love -

Hmmm....possibly...but who would try to fit that many words into such a short space, it doesn't make sense...he definitely says WHEN to start - maybe I should put it on the old slow downer so that the music stays the same speed but I can slow his voice down to 33. Make it an even more exciting record than it already is! sleep3.gif

Social source share

Why are some of the most expensive records actually among the worst records ever played on the scene, the following three records are in my opinion absolute garbage and worth in reality 20p each (tops) Frank Wilson - Do I Love You, The Andantes - Like A Nightmare and last of all the daddy of 3rd rate soul music George Lemons - Fascinating Girl.

Douglas ,there's an age old saying... Opinions are like ar**holes ....everybody's got oneph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!