soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

good luck. i've been after one for about 3 years!

I put one up on here nearly two years ago for £300 and not a single person wanted it. A year later and suddenly it was massive again and everyone wanted one. It's a funny old world. laugh.gif

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/84964-two-nice-white-demos/page__p__906431__hl__harvey%20averne__fromsearch__1entry906431

No i haven't still got it. no.gif

Social source share

• 8 months later...

Sold for $1500+!! What the hell????

BTW this BLOWS UP the floor when I play it here in Seattle - and I get asked often what it is....I'd take this crowd pleasing 'garbage' any day over some museum piece snoozer

Don't rise to it George .....it is what it is, and no one can tell anyone else what he/she can and can't like :lol:

Im sure JP, who sold this copy ,will be very happy with his sale today :yes:

There's a lot worse 45's out there getting played in the big rooms but that's just my opinion :hatsoff2:

That said .....the price tag does seem a tad high for this :thumbsup:

like football and in the words of the legend Greavsie......the strange world of rare soul buying " it's a funny old game "

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I thought it had peaked a few months ago at £500 for a minter, but obviously not. :lol:

Over £900 for a VG+ copy is well over the top in my opinion. I'd say it's approaching overplayed status, especially with a Jazzman issue doing the rounds as well.

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

51hZ4gB2emL._SS500_.jpgCondition: ExcellentLabel: Fania LP 367 MONOGenre: Latin SoulRelease Country: UsaRelease Date: 1971This is an original LP and a Latin Soul collectors Must Have. Harvey Averne was the man to listen and dance to during the late 60's and 70's. His passion for those slow jams was responsible for so many memories.

Side A: never learned to dance, Dynamite, Girl that I love, I feel fine, Central park, The beat goes on.

Side B: Can you dig it, Accept me, Why can't we really be free, Lullaby from rosemary's baby, Going out of my head, Gotta do my number.

Edited by I KNOW NOTHING
Social source share

I thought it had peaked a few months ago at £500 for a minter, but obviously not. :ohmy:

Over £900 for a VG+ copy is well over the top in my opinion. I'd say it's approaching overplayed status, especially with a Jazzman issue doing the rounds as well.

this has reached overplayed status a logn time ago. It was getting played virtually everywhere about 12 years ago. And no doubt that was a revival for it as well from a time when it was previosuly a big record.

its good but £150-200 is a realistic price. The people who spend big big money on these records need there heads testing unless they are stinking rich and money is no object.

Social source share

51hZ4gB2emL._SS500_.jpgCondition: ExcellentLabel: Fania LP 367 MONOGenre: Latin SoulRelease Country: UsaRelease Date: 1971This is an original LP and a Latin Soul collectors Must Have. Harvey Averne was the man to listen and dance to during the late 60's and 70's. His passion for those slow jams was responsible for so many memories.

Side A: never learned to dance, Dynamite, Girl that I love, I feel fine, Central park, The beat goes on.

Side B: Can you dig it, Accept me, Why can't we really be free, Lullaby from rosemary's baby, Going out of my head, Gotta do my number.

Bring this with ya Tony to the Pavillion as well as the R L Burnside ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

this has reached overplayed status a logn time ago. It was getting played virtually everywhere about 12 years ago. And no doubt that was a revival for it as well from a time when it was previosuly a big record.

its good but £150-200 is a realistic price. The people who spend big big money on these records need there heads testing unless they are stinking rich and money is no object.

But if you had a minty one in your possession now, would you sell it for £200?

If your answer is yes I'll always look up to you as a gentleman of the highest principles and ethics.

This is Northern Soul, by the way. :ohmy:

Social source share

But if you had a minty one in your possession now, would you sell it for £200?

If your answer is yes I'll always look up to you as a gentleman of the highest principles and ethics.

This is Northern Soul, by the way. :ohmy:

I noticed on another thread you mentioend the tim brown copy that sold for 200GBP. Now thats a great deal for who ever got it. Wonder if it wqill be going up on ebay for a fast profit.

But worth pointing out its no where near as good a deal as the Betty Wright "My lucky" that he sold on the previous list for 100GBP. That never comes up for sale and seems very rare.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Correct Dylan it's an oldie. I was talking about recently being over-played. Having said that you'd be surprised how many people didn't know it when it started getting plays again a couple of years ago, even a close friend of mine who has been on the scene 30+ years hadn't heard of it, which is one of the reasons it took off. Btw it was making £300 ten years ago when it wasn't getting plays, so I don't think £150-£200 has ever been a realistic price.

Social source share

Guest Damien

I noticed on another thread you mentioend the tim brown copy that sold for 200GBP. Now thats a great deal for who ever got it. Wonder if it wqill be going up on ebay for a fast profit.

But worth pointing out its no where near as good a deal as the Betty Wright "My lucky" that he sold on the previous list for 100GBP. That never comes up for sale and seems very rare.

I got the Betty Wright from him and very happy.. blinding & very rare 45...

Still like to play Harven Dozen but tempted to sell mine for $1500 ah ah :ohmy:

Social source share

Btw it was making £300 ten years ago when it wasn't getting plays, so I don't think £150-£200 has ever been a realistic price.

I remember seeing this for less than a ton, then around £150, inside the last ten years as well. Then when one was sold for I think £400 two or three years ago most were shaking their heads and shouting "fools".

Social source share

Correct Dylan it's an oldie. I was talking about recently being over-played. Having said that you'd be surprised how many people didn't know it when it started getting plays again a couple of years ago, even a close friend of mine who has been on the scene 30+ years hadn't heard of it, which is one of the reasons it took off. Btw it was making £300 ten years ago when it wasn't getting plays, so I don't think £150-£200 has ever been a realistic price.

REALLY :lol: I got mine off ebay about 8 years back for approx £40, thought I'd over done it when i saw another go for half that shortly after... I take it we are still on about the Harvey Averne?

It's certainly known all over now..but I'll never be in the market for another one. :)

Edited by John A
Social source share

I very much doubt the price will make a difference in the real world :lol:

As im often reminded on here ....EBAY and /or POPSIKE are not a true reflection of a records value :)

NOT ARF :lol:

Social source share

Again as for never being a £150/£200 record, two years ago on ebay $358. Other price of $208 in 2006, $319 in 2007 & $598 in 2008.

Popsike you only have to look at plenty of records and you can see there is no consistency in the prices. When bidding on records you can take all leave of your senses, done it myself (luckily I finished up losing) as I bet have many of you who use ebay. I try and stick to set sales these days.

Social source share

Again as for never being a £150/£200 record, two years ago on ebay $358. Other price of $208 in 2006, $319 in 2007 & $598 in 2008.

Popsike you only have to look at plenty of records and you can see there is no consistency in the prices. When bidding on records you can take all leave of your senses, done it myself (luckily I finished up losing) as I bet have many of you who use ebay. I try and stick to set sales these days.

ebay is king here.

set sale is 2nd option as I usually find I have to pay mroe goign down this route.

nice to see others agreed on my 10 year old valuation on harvey averne. 300 for that time did seem very high to me.

Social source share

Source Advert