Brilliant Unknown Northern Track

Pete S

Asked about this before, not one response, here is an audio clip, it's only 30 seconds so should be ok as an MP3 I think, it is a vocal to the track that came out on UK Sue credited to The jaybirds and it's called The Right Kind. This is the only audio source I have of it and it's taken from the intro to a video called Triple X rated Trailers Of The 70's!

the right kind.mp3

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

The instrumental has had a few spins here in Australia Pete (the Twisted Wheel graduates have most of the UK Sue run) but this vocal version sounds like a cut above. There's got to be a full MP3 somewhere hasn't there? :yes:

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Hi Pete,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Somebody just sent me an MP3 of it and I came across this thread researching it.

Ady

Whoops that was meant to be a PM!

Ady - nobody ever came close to finding it - was the MP3 one that I did, because I don't know of anyone else who has the track - I did podcast the full version so if the beginning and end are cut it's probably the same.  If not, someone must have found one.

Social source share

Hi Pete,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Somebody just sent me an MP3 of it and I came across this thread researching it.

Ady

Whoops that was meant to be a PM!

:lol:  -  Could've just edited the post Ady, no one would've been any the wiser!

Social source share

The beginning and end are cut just a little bit, probably is the same.

Ady - nobody ever came close to finding it - was the MP3 one that I did, because I don't know of anyone else who has the track - I did podcast the full version so if the beginning and end are cut it's probably the same.  If not, someone must have found one.

Social source share

The beginning and end are cut just a little bit, probably is the same.

Well if one of your sound boffins can do anything with the original I will let you have it, only thing is, you may have to sit through an hour of sleaze and grindhouse film trailers...the credits section has an almost complete recording of the track...

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Does anyone remember this?  I posted up a clip which still exists, but I posted the whole version to Ady and I also put it on a podcast.  At the moment I'm putting a charity CD together of all unissued tracks and I'd love to put this on it so if anyone has the full version of the vocal to Right Kind, could they please let me have it?  I lost my original years ago.  

Social source share

7 hours ago, Pete S said:

Does anyone remember this?  I posted up a clip which still exists, but I posted the whole version to Ady and I also put it on a podcast.  At the moment I'm putting a charity CD together of all unissued tracks and I'd love to put this on it so if anyone has the full version of the vocal to Right Kind, could they please let me have it?  I lost my original years ago.  

when I remember your email address, I'll send you it

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Pete S said:

pete.smith@freeuk.com

I knew you'd have it, you kept everything - thanks Simon

I lost so many rare tracks when I changed my first Mac, I forgot to save itunes :-(

I only had the file you posted above, but i found the film on line and extracted the sound track

I just watching 'Butt Bongo Babes', just in case there's  another unknown future monster tucked away somewhere!

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Pete S said:

Seriously, you managed to find the film?  I know I still have it on a disc somewhere.  The track plays twice, once at the start then a much longer version at the end.  I think :-)

Gentlemen, Gentlemen what you do in your spare time is entirely up to you but when you start talking about much longer versions & monsters I will be looking to the censors to lock you off this site, please try to keep your personal body parts out of your publications.

Thank You

Yours Snootily Kirsty

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Went on sale yesterday Mark.  £10 each and I (we) raised £560 by 4pm which I paid straight into the charity.  I haven't mentioned it on Soul Source as it looks like I go away and come back on the scrounge.  So I just sold it off my facebook sales group page.  30 unissued acetates basically.  This is what it's for

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/louie2008?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socspondesktop&utm_content=louie2008&utm_campaign=post-sponsorship-donation-desktop

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Pete S said:

Went on sale yesterday Mark.  £10 each and I (we) raised £560 by 4pm which I paid straight into the charity.  I haven't mentioned it on Soul Source as it looks like I go away and come back on the scrounge.  So I just sold it off my facebook sales group page.  30 unissued acetates basically.  This is what it's for

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/louie2008?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socspondesktop&utm_content=louie2008&utm_campaign=post-sponsorship-donation-desktop

I don't think that this can be considered scrounging Pete & what a lovely little guy Louie is, Tree of Hope is a great charity & I'm pretty sure if you put up a link for people to purchase these CD's Mike would be more than happy.:yes:

all the luck with the target

yours in admiration Kirsty

Social source share

I've had some PM's asking me about a CD I did for a fundraising site on Friday - the charity is called Louie's New Legs and it's trying to raise £20,000 so a little boy who was in our Grace's class at school can get an operation which will enable him to walk for the first time.  I didn't want to come back on here and immediately ask people for money which is why it hasn't been advertised on Soul Source.  The link to the fundraising page is below if you'd like to have a look, and you can see all of the donations on the right hand side.  The CD has some stuff on there that nobody else has got and three or four extremely in demand tracks like the alternate Crazy Baby and Just Like The Weather.  The rest are all in public domain before anyone accuses me of stealing their tracks.  Every single penny goes to Louie's fund.

This is the track listing should anyone be interested, they are £11 (£1 is postage) no fancy sleeves or anything, all of the money is going to the charity above and we've already donated over £1500 so far by selling records, so these were just an idea I had to keep the momentum going, I announced them on facebook on Friday and was able to put another £560 into the fund on Friday evening.

My paypal is

pete.smith@freeuk.com

if anyone wants one

1 BOBBY ROBINSON – AIN’T NO SUN
2 LITTLE CARL & THE DETROIT HITMEN – THE TINGLE (Take 2)
3 THE AD LIBS – LOVE IS KNOCKING
4 MILL EVANS – JUST LIKE THE WEATHER
5 CHANDLERS BAND – LOVE MAKES ME LONELY (Inst.)
6 JIMMY BREEDLOVE – IF I DIDN’T LOVE HER SO
7 JERRY FULLER – RESCUE ME
8 THE UPTOWN STRINGS – COME GO WITH ME (Inst.)
9 WENDY ANDREWS – CLOCK ON THE WALL
10 CAROLYN CRAWFORD – I’LL COME RUNNING (Alt. Take)
11 JEAN CARTER – LIKE ONE (Alt. Take)
12 VAL SIMPSON – IT’S JUST LOVE
13 SHANE MARTIN – I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT
14 JIMMY BREEDLOVE – HELP ME
15 THE DELITES – LOVER (Alt. take)
16 CHRIS BARTLEY – I GO OUT OF MY MIND
17 THE SERENADERS – TEARS, NOBODY AND A SMILE
18 UNKNOWN ARTIST – THE EYES OF LOVE (CARMEN THEME)
19 VAN McCOY – HEY LOVER
20 TEENA & THE FIESTAS – MY HEART’S BEEN INVADED
21 ESTELLE LEVITT – STRAWBERRIES DON’T KNOW CHERRIES
22 WAYNE HARRELL – LONELY BOY
23 MARTHA & THE ANDANTES – WATCH YOURSELF
24 JIMMY SHERMAN – CRAZY BABY
25 FLASH McKINLEY – IT JUST AIN’T FAIR
26 THE WRECKING CREW – WRECKING CREW THEME
27 BARBARA WILSON – COME AND GO WITH ME
28 CLARE TORRY – DO I
29 JOHNNIE MAE MATTHEWS – MAMA’S GONNA STOP YOU
30 UNKNOWN ARTIST – I’VE GOT THE RIGHT KIND

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I may be way off the mark here.... As I don't have a copy to listen to...... But is it THE RIGHT KIND OF LOVIN" by Cadillacs........ I'm really into old exploitation movies etc.....

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Soulskate70 said:

I may be way off the mark here.... As I don't have a copy to listen to...... But is it THE RIGHT KIND OF LOVIN" by Cadillacs........ I'm really into old exploitation movies etc.....

No, different song mate, I'd say three years later than that one

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!