Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

PREVIOUS THREAD >>> <<<

:hatsoff2:HI ALL ...Half the year has gone by, and that means there has been loads of great records, that you have posted in the SOULSOURCE RECORD OF THE DAY,

Just a quick reminder of the rules:-

1, it was intended that any record posted, was from out of your box, and you found it,as a must DJ record,

but you feel it would be more suitable for the SOULSOURCE IN-CROWD,

2.IF POSSIBLE JUST GIVE A TICK IN THE LIKE BOX, RATHER THAN WRITEING GREAT CHUNE, & DOWNLOADING THE RECORD, AS IT P**SES THE MODERATORS OFF?

3, PLEASE ADD AS MUCH INFO WHEN POSTING, INCLUDING A GUESTAMOUNT PRICE & RAREITY.

4. IF YOU LIKE THE SOUND, OR HAVE MORE INFO, PLEASE ADD TO THE THREAD.

5. MAY i THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE GREAT RECORDS POSTED, ECLICTIC IS COOL!

My pick to start us of, is the A side of the record I picked yesterday, DONNIE ELBERT - GET READY - CBS.

VALUE £10 ISSUE, DEMO £30 TODAY, A great double cider and cheap to boot, enjoy the summer :thumbsup:

AS ALWAYS :rofl: DAVE K

Social source share

• Replies 454
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

One from me today that's always in my playbox & never fails to get a dance plus someone always wonders up to the decks to ask about it.If I had a default setting for my northern I think this would be it.........late R n B/early soul,just perfect on so many levels.Another underrated artist who has done quite a few great dancers with "The Queen" been one of my big faves (& wants)

Big Ella-It Takes A Lot Of Loving (To Satisfy Me) Lo Lo

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

One from me today that's always in my playbox & never fails to get a dance plus someone always wonders up to the decks to ask about it.If I had a default setting for my northern I think this would be it.........late R n B/early soul,just perfect on so many levels.Another underrated artist who has done quite a few great dancers with "The Queen" been one of my big faves (& wants)

Big Ella-It Takes A Lot Of Loving (To Satisfy Me) Lo Lo

Cheers

Martyn

Bloody great choice Martyn! See you at Brid tomorrow! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Social source share

I'm back on the Wigan tunes that never seem to get played out anymore today.

I love this, to me it has most things a good northern tune should have, and the issue in the video was a christmas present from the wife a few years ago to start my collection off (again)

Lou Roberts - "You Fooled Me" - M.G.M.

Social source share

I love this, to me it has most things a good northern tune should have, and the issue in the video was a christmas present from the wife a few years ago to start my collection off (again)

Paul

Many happy night's dancing to this...........I think :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

agreed it as most ofthe things a good orthern sound should have

.A bit weak on the vocals but the horns and the bass make up for it

great thanks cheers

hard to get ,easy to get how much?

Social source share

what good am i / the tsu tornadoes, could listen to it all day

Gogger

Brilliant tune from a brilliant group(AKA The Drells),turn it over & you'll find another cracker........."Getting The Corners" which has been getting plays recently :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

agreed it as most ofthe things a good orthern sound should have

.A bit weak on the vocals but the horns and the bass make up for it

great thanks cheers

hard to get ,easy to get how much?

There's been a few on lists recently, mainly Demos, the issues look nicer though - price £40 - £70

Social source share

There's been a few on lists recently, mainly Demos, the issues look nicer though - price £40 - £70

Paul

Don't usually bother between Demo or Issue but I agree the issues do look better in this case :thumbsup:

Still shattered from Cleggy,hope after another night catching up with the sleep I lost I'll be fighting fit for tomorrow :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Cracking choice mate.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

The 21st - I just can't forget your name - Joy

gary

Gary

Proof going out every weekend isn't enough..........why don't I know this it's BRILLIANT!!!!

Note to self:Must take more notice when I'm out & stop talking shite at the bar & listen to the music :D

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gogger

Brilliant tune from a brilliant group(AKA The Drells),turn it over & you'll find another cracker........."Getting The Corners" which has been getting plays recently :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

thanks, nice tune, will probably like it more after a few listens.
Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

[media=]

This is a good groove,warm voice and good horns,yip could float and sing my heart ot to this on the dance floor

thanks for sharing

how much are chips now adays

i once went into a chippie in edinburgh and came out with a mini car

Social source share

"This is a good groove,warm voice and good horns,yip could float and sing my heart ot to this on the dance floor

thanks for sharing

i once went into a chippie in edinburgh and came out with a mini car"

I think this cost me less than a tenner.

I imagine buying a mini in a chippie it must have been pretty battered?!

gary

Edited by gazman
Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

"This is a good groove,warm voice and good horns,yip could float and sing my heart ot to this on the dance floor

thanks for sharing

i once went into a chippie in edinburgh and came out with a mini car"

I think this cost me less than a tenner.

I imagine buying a mini in a chippie it must have been pretty battered?!

gary

haha yes it was well battered

nippy wee thing though

fell to bits in my mates field up by the airport about a year later

a good bag o chips :thumbsup:

Social source share

TYRONE DAVIS - THIS I SWEAR - COLUMBIA

I know this really cheap and I think made the charts in the 70's but what a great dancer?

had this as a new release and never tire of it :no: . Loads better than 'Just My Luck' IMHO

and the price of a pint!

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

A record from me today, that just reminds me of being in Darwen around 1978 sitting in someones spare room, and getting introduced to so many cheap records I'd never heard, the majority of which have gone on to become big money items (but not todays post! although I believe Sam played it quite a lot in the early 70s).

This record just brings it all back, the records belonged to a great guy called Steve Fay, who had a passing resemblance to Freddie Mercury in a certain light...

Steve passed away many, many, years ago, a loss, he was a true gent, and he could spot the potential of a tune, way ahead of just about anyone I knew.

Bunny Sigler - Will you still love me tomorrow - Decca

Social source share