Anderson Brothers - I Can See Him Loving You

Hi.

I remember buying this as an "original" back in about 76 /77 paid £8 for it then which was half a weeks wage! Is there a difinitive way of spoting the boot, i seem to remember something about the run out groove edge being raised or flat or somethin else, but cant remember if that was on the boot or orig, so basically f##kin useless info!!!!

Also any idea what the original is worth nowadays? i saw the lookalike boot on here a few weeks ago for about £75?????

Im not sellin it by the way, just curious!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi.

I remember buying this as an "original" back in about 76 /77 paid £8 for it then which was half a weeks wage! Is there a difinitive way of spoting the boot, i seem to remember something about the run out groove edge being raised or flat or somethin else, but cant remember if that was on the boot or orig, so basically f##kin useless info!!!!

Also any idea what the original is worth nowadays? i saw the lookalike boot on here a few weeks ago for about £75?????

im sure this has been booted at least 2 times maybe more , the ov one is vynl and has a matrix stamp in the run out

Social source share

boot is styrene with a slightly too small a label on it, does have a drop off towards the centre, i have seen a few over the years that have had the original matrix scrubbed off to try and deceive !!

Vaguely remember being told that both sides are mono ????

Ian.

Social source share

Been bootlegged twice and re-pressed once on US GSF -

One with a deep ridge on the label

One with the intials PB in the run out

Re-press is styrene with a number scratched out in the run out

Original has different size run outs on each side and also different GSF matrix numbers on each side

Various other releases (don't know if they were legal or not) - one on UK Sevens from Goldmine and probably one due from Outta Sight (if they haven't done it already)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi.

I also bought that £8 "original" in 1976 (and an Idle Few very similar), that one was on thick vinyl and had a dip just before the centre. Then they did it as a demo on styrene, it's got a delta number which has been scratched out, it's got PB scratched out, and then has the number scratched in.

Sorry if anyone above said the same. I don't know about the GSF repress though.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

SAME HERE, BUT THINK MINE WAS £6... they all came in Original GSF sleeves as well, which I later discovered were "Robbed" from hit GSF records at the time purchased cheaply . They originated from New York and the person who was involved is still on here as an active member--allegedly ! They are easy to spot once you have seen an original pressing....be safe and try and find the Israeli LP to be sure.......!!!!

Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Cheers Keith, well based on what you have said it looking very promising..... both sides have different length run outs and matrix numbers.

Mono side matrix - GSFM - 1179

Sterio side GSFS - 1179

Nothing scratched out, but there is another small number that i can harly make out it is so small on the sterio side at about 3 oclock to the other matrix number i think it is 340

Original has different size run outs on each side and also different GSF matrix numbers on each side

Various other releases (don't know if they were legal or not) - one on UK Sevens from Goldmine and probably one due from Outta Sight (if they haven't done it already)

Edited by Soulfulshoes
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I've got a 'Stock Copy'. It looks very good, Brown Label (No Demo message) but not sure where its from !?!?!

What's that Tezza ..You collect mid-tempo cross over ?

I thought cross over was too boring and only uptempo soul floated your boat ;)

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Damn. I've been outed !!

Quality track though, a real Samantha's Classic...

Would like to see that Tel........its a bit like the Harrison Lesser watch from Fools and Horses......can you put up a scan.I have a demo and it was mentioned on the US release sheets back in the day!

Social source share

Would like to see that Tel........its a bit like the Harrison Lesser watch from Fools and Horses......can you put up a scan.I have a demo and it was mentioned on the US release sheets back in the day!

Indeed: from an article I wrote back in 1988, it's referring to June 1974

New releases this month included Jimmy Conwell-Cigarette Ashes, Contours-Do You Love Me and Frankie & The Classicals-What Shall I Do on a new label called Pye Disco Demand. Over in the States, completely unnoticed in the Hot Stuff section of Black Music Magazine was a new release on GSF by the Anderson Brothers entitled I Can See Him Loving You. Twelve months later it was big everywhere, impossible to find, and remains a classic today.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Seagrave

Or better still, just chuck 'em all in the nearest incinerator.

Load of wishy-washy, white, wimpy, nonsense!

Social source share

Or better still, just chuck 'em all in the nearest incinerator.

Load of wishy-washy, white, wimpy, nonsense!

Lol ..I can't believe it !

Tezza confessing to owning a cross over style 45 and it being insulted ..is that ironic or what .tee hee hee (laughing to myself as I'm writing )

• Helpful 1
Social source share

sorry to be a bit thick but wasnt gsf a black funky soul label, why would white c/w artists record on that label, am i missing something

Wasn't an exclusively soul label, they had all sorts on there. Don't think Anderson Bros were country anyway.

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDERSON-BROTHERS-I-Can-See-Him-Loving-You-NEW-NORTHERN-SOUL-45-OUTTA-SIGHT-7-/150809530752?pt=UK_Records&hash=item231cf2d180

Spoke too soon!!

Social source share

Who`s behind these outta sight records,and who or what are "song seekers music services"??

Dave f........

Topic elsewhere about Outtasight, someone even posted up their company accounts.

It's come from the ashes of Joeboy records with input from Les McCutcheon I believe

• Helpful 1
Social source share

But where's the scan of the STOCKER guys???

Regards,

Dave

Probably being coloured in with Photoshop right now Dave!

:lol:

Social source share

I don`t think an original stock copy has ever been found.

Chris

I've held a stock copy. Pete Halas, from Spalding, had one late 70's. I think it went to Mr Raistrick along with his Del Larks, Joanne Courcy etc...

I've only seen one other since then

Andy

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I've held a stock copy. Pete Halas, from Spalding, had one late 70's. I think it went to Mr Raistrick along with his Del Larks, Joanne Courcy etc...

I've only seen one other since then

Andy

I knew someone had owned one back in the day! We need a scan now.....

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Counterfeit has PB in the deadwax, there was also a legit second press in 78. original has GSFM then NBO scratched out and 1179 and an A which curls under the letter itself. Taken from the copy I have foresale right now (shameless i know)

Cheers Darren

But had to be done mate! :thumbup:

Social source share

Counterfeit has PB in the deadwax, there was also a legit second press in 78. original has GSFM then NBO scratched out and 1179 and an A which curls under the letter itself. Taken from the copy I have foresale right now (shameless i know)

Cheers Darren

Don't know where you're getting this info about a legit press in 78, someone else mentioned it earlier, no such thing as far as I know, just boot one on vinyl, boot two on styrene, both done in 76.

Social source share

That's a styrene 45. So most likely just a "coloured in" demo/promo bootleg.

Cheers Sebastian,

If that's right then someone has gone to a lot of trouble colouring it in. Is the Demo marked 'Promotional Copy/Demo Copy' or was it just a White Label ??

Cheers matey

Social source share

Here are some Popsike values:

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=anderson+brothers&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=&x=15&y=11

Mines a vinyl boot (1st with a ridged label) with an off centre label, bought from Selectadisc in mid 70's, with Company sleeve.

To be honest i thought it was legit then, but there again I was very naive about bootlegs at the time.

Nice to see that there are stockers about.

Great record and thread.

Thanks

Social source share

Don't know where you're getting this info about a legit press in 78, someone else mentioned it earlier, no such thing as far as I know, just boot one on vinyl, boot two on styrene, both done in 76.

Pete as far as I'm aware the 78 run was legit, I only have notes on the original so have no detail.

If you say its a boot then ok (that makes 3 boots), I was lead to believe it was a legit repress. That said you were on the scene then and I was only 7 so I guess I bow to your knowledge and recollections.

Best Darren

Social source share

Pete as far as I'm aware the 78 run was legit, I only have notes on the original so have no detail.

If you say its a boot then ok (that makes 3 boots), I was lead to believe it was a legit repress. That said you were on the scene then and I was only 7 so I guess I bow to your knowledge and recollections.

Best Darren

Darren what I am saying is that there is no 78 release of this in any shape of form, there was the first one on vinyl, then the second one on styrene that came out at the same time as Skullsnaps "I'm Your Pimp" but I don't know what this 3rd one is or why it would have been released in 78 anyway. Anderson Brothers was not a massive record, it was popular, yes, and it was booted but so was everything else in those days.

Social source share

Darren what I am saying is that there is no 78 release of this in any shape of form, there was the first one on vinyl, then the second one on styrene that came out at the same time as Skullsnaps "I'm Your Pimp" but I don't know what this 3rd one is or why it would have been released in 78 anyway. Anderson Brothers was not a massive record, it was popular, yes, and it was booted but so was everything else in those days.

There are definitely three Pete

One vinyl with the ridge on the label

One vinyl with the initials PB in the run out

One styrene

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's a styrene 45. So most likely just a "coloured in" demo/promo bootleg.

Cheers Sebastian,

If that's right then someone has gone to a lot of trouble colouring it in. Is the Demo marked 'Promotional Copy/Demo Copy' or was it just a White Label ??

Cheers matey

I think Sebastian is right and that the clue is the word MONO.

As far as I know only the promos are marked MONO/STEREO and they are usually white. Never seen an issue with that text.

Social source share

There are definitely three Pete

One vinyl with the ridge on the label

One vinyl with the initials PB in the run out

One styrene

I think the first one has PB as well though.

OK the second one is the really good counterfeit right.

I remem,ber having a Dave Newman same as the first Anderson Bros and then there was a second one, way better, but still counterfeit - there's also a George Blackwell with this lot and a Salvadors, and I do mean really good lookalikes.

All of these were done in 76.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!