Soul/northern Soul Auction - Collection And More - 7Th March 2013

pfairuk

Hi all,

Coming up on Thursday 7th March is another Soul, Motown and Northern Soul auction to be held at Omega Auctions in Stockport.

The last auction at the end of Nov 12 proved to be a success with both buyers and sellers coming away from the event happy. Hopefully it can become a regular event which allows buyers to get their hands on some quality vinyl whilst giving sellers the chance to achieve market prices without the hassle of selling via e-bay etc.

Up for auction this time is the lifetime collection along with many other Soul related lots consigned by a variety of vendors. There will be 60+ UK SUE 7" singles along with complete collections on the UK Chess (including demos) and Atlantic labels - more detail will follow shortly.

Lots for the auction are still being accepted so if anybody out there has either a few records or a collection they would like to sell get in touch.

Keep an eye out for the catalogue via the site below -it should be available from around the 14th Feb.

www.omegaauctions.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

Edited by mike
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Paul could you tell us why you listed bootlegs on ebay last year and didn't describe them as such. The auction house was advised which of the listings were boots prior to the items finishing but the descriptions were not changed?

for example Rubin ... https://www.popsike.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-RUBIN-YOUVE-BEEN-AWAY-7-KAPP-EX-PROMO/251162605052.html

Social source share

Hi all,

There were 2 examples of discs being listed without knowing they were bootlegs. You are right that it was pointed out and as a result amendments were made to both listings to reflect the feedback we received.

Comments made after the listing started (which get tagged in at the bottom) are not shown in the Popsike listing you sent through but they were added to make buyers aware.

In both cases the persons that bought the discs realised after the event (having not read the additions to description at the bottom of the listing) and the sales were cancelled without any questions as it was an easy mistake to make with the addendums only being at the bottom.

It was a genuine error being new to the Northern Soul vinyl scene and one that I happily hold my hands up to. Once (or twice as the case may be!) bitten twice shy, so for the auction in Nov and for this one stringent checks have been made to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hopefully that answers your question .......

• Helpful 3
Social source share

After eventually getting round my work firewall blocking access to the online bidding tool, i took part in the last auction and thought the service was pretty good to be honest. I would advise that people go look at the records as descriptions on job lots in particular are a tad vague (e.g. condition varies from VG to EX+ on xx number of records). But other than that it was a decent first crack.

The online bidding tool is quick and it wires the auction room audio through your PC.

Hopefully the quality of records on offer will be pretty decent.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update re the catalogue for the Northern Soul auction on March 7th - it will be online with pictures for each lot by this Friday 15th Feb.

Keep an eye on the site below:

www.the-saleroom.com and scroll down to find Omega Auctions.

There are over 300 lots with a great mix of quality records.

Any questions let me know

Cheers

Paul

Social source share