• End Date: April 28, 2012
  • Bids: 8
  • Seller Feedback: 1803
  • Buyer Feedback: 17
160786865356.jpg

isnw_ecp

TIMOTHY WILSON

"I MUST LOVE YOU"

b/w "Hiding in Your Heart" on Sky Disc Records Repro in strong VG Condition Plays Great  with Clean Label

• Price:
    • $330.00 USD
    • $322.84 AUD
    • $334.82 CAD
    • €240.87 EUR
    • £206.28 GBP
    • Â¥25499.03 JPY
  • Start Date: November 04, 2011
  • End Date: November 11, 2011
  • Bids: 17
  • Seller Feedback: 4978
  • Buyer Feedback: 3906
310356429025.jpg ******************  TIMOTHY WILSON
( SKY DISC #643) -

"I MUST LOVE YOU"
b/w

"HIDING IN YOUR HEART"

Original US 45 by TIMOTHY WILSON - great '60s Northern soul floorfiller.  VG+ condition, glossy, plays great.

heres both with prices,although the original should be about
200 dollars or 120/130 pounds,its a great tune 72or73
i think.

ricky.

Social source share

From memory doesn't the original have a raised capital X in the run out groove? (maybe it's the lazy capital S?)

I thought it was always one of those records in pre-internet times that's nigh on impossible to find (you can have 3 or 4 copies of his Veep gem for every Sky-Disc original at least) and have seen it sell in a venue for 350-400 quid for a tidy looking copy. Maybe in these "you can find anything on the web" days more copies have been turned up, but my guess is maybe folk think they're buying originals when they're not, and you cant take it as correct when looking through popske etc that just because the seller says "original" that they are correct because visually they look identical, and i've looked through lots of the photos on popsike and non of the ones I looked at (which all fetched decent money)appear to have the raised capital letter, which imho makes them "second issues" at best, outright boots at worst?

Or is it that this 45 is no longer fashionable? or all that well known with the younger "I started in the later 80's crowd", and hence suffering 'triple dip recession/you can buy any non current floorfiller for 25% of what it was at it's peak' ?

Or perhaps it's just some of us old farts fought long and hard to get one into our collections and don't care how much guide books say 'cause we ain't gonna sell it at any price ;-)

(if nobody else confirms which raised capital letter it is I'll go digging over the weekend)

hth

• Helpful 1
Social source share

From memory doesn't the original have a raised capital X in the run out groove? (maybe it's the lazy capital S?)

I thought it was always one of those records in pre-internet times that's nigh on impossible to find (you can have 3 or 4 copies of his Veep gem for every Sky-Disc original at least) and have seen it sell in a venue for 350-400 quid for a tidy looking copy. Maybe in these "you can find anything on the web" days more copies have been turned up, but my guess is maybe folk think they're buying originals when they're not, and you cant take it as correct when looking through popske etc that just because the seller says "original" that they are correct because visually they look identical, and i've looked through lots of the photos on popsike and non of the ones I looked at (which all fetched decent money)appear to have the raised capital letter, which imho makes them "second issues" at best, outright boots at worst?

Or is it that this 45 is no longer fashionable? or all that well known with the younger "I started in the later 80's crowd", and hence suffering 'triple dip recession/you can buy any non current floorfiller for 25% of what it was at it's peak' ?

Or perhaps it's just some of us old farts fought long and hard to get one into our collections and don't care how much guide books say 'cause we ain't gonna sell it at any price ;-)

(if nobody else confirms which raised capital letter it is I'll go digging over the weekend)

hth

As I said above, easy to tell, original is styrene boot is vinyl

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest trickbag

timothy-wilson-i-must-love-you-sky-disc-

Timothy Wilson I Must Love You Sky Disc

Near mint copy of the very elusive classic tune

Awesome buy it quick

Price includes fully insured shipping costs uk

Our Price: £505.00

yes Benji, this clown has one.

ricky.

Social source share

timothy-wilson-i-must-love-you-sky-disc-

Near mint copy of the very elusive classic tune

Awesome buy it quick

Price includes fully insured shipping costs uk

Our Price: £505.00

yes Benji, this clown has one.

ricky.

Wonder who that is then :g::lol:

Social source share

Guest trickbag

Portable Dance floor Hire,

clue!

big Barry,macers,and the rest of those mods could have done

with one in Laverty's upstairs 83/84,would have saved the carpet.

ricky.

Social source share

• 3 years later...

I need to check mine with this info, thanks.  I have several records which I bought back in the day when I just liked a tune or not, and before I cared about all of this which may or may not be original malarkyl!

Cheers,

Mark

Social source share

1 hour ago, dave pinch said:

orig must be 300...... and still not back in fashion

Dave- I have to say....it's 400. 

Really scarce back in 1974 never mind now. Not sure folks realise how hard it is to find. I know the label owner Randy Irwin and he told me it bombed in the early 70's. Something tells me it's a 1971/72 release not 60's. 

Just my considered opinion of course price wise 😀

Edited by Goldsoul
Social source share

15 hours ago, Goldsoul said:

Dave- I have to say....it's 400. 

Really scarce back in 1974 never mind now. Not sure folks realise how hard it is to find. I know the label owner Randy Irwin and he told me it bombed in the early 70's. Something tells me it's a 1971/72 release not 60's. 

Just my considered opinion of course price wise 😀

It should be 400 on rarity kev... And i agree its a turn of the 70s record and not 60s... One i always liked

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!