are You Goin' Down The Wheel?

Going back to the mid sixties here and the Twisted Wheel, Brasennose St and Whitworth St and the Burnley crowd my wife and I used to run with, Click Bailey, Stephen Slater,Kerry McDermott, Tony Cece, Alan Bartlett, Stephanie Ashton et all, when I'm in a nostalgic mood, which seems to happen more often the older I get, sad I know, if the Wheel crops up I find myself thinking of these old mates and those good times and I'd really love to know if they are still doing alright in this life,so.....anybody out there?

Derek

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Going back to the mid sixties here and the Twisted Wheel, Brasennose St and Whitworth St and the Burnley crowd my wife and I used to run with, Click Bailey, Stephen Slater,Kerry McDermott, Tony Cece, Alan Bartlett, Stephanie Ashton et all, when I'm in a nostalgic mood, which seems to happen more often the older I get, sad I know, if the Wheel crops up I find myself thinking of these old mates and those good times and I'd really love to know if they are still doing alright in this life,so.....anybody out there?

Derek

Derek,

Do you mean Colin Bartlett? My Brother in Law John Broxup knocked about with Kerry McDermott. John is on holiday at the moment, but I'll ask him when he gets back. I met Kerry a few times a few years ago. He seemed to enjoy some very fragrant smelling tabs on a very frequent basis, so some of the conversations were interesting!

Social source share

Derek,

Do you mean Colin Bartlett? My Brother in Law John Broxup knocked about with Kerry McDermott. John is on holiday at the moment, but I'll ask him when he gets back. I met Kerry a few times a few years ago. He seemed to enjoy some very fragrant smelling tabs on a very frequent basis, so some of the conversations were interesting!

Derek, Sorry about this, but I knew a Click Duerden, does that help?

Social source share

Derek,

Hi Brian, thanks for your post, Colin was Alan's younger brother we all used to hang together, first met Kerry in the foyer of a local cinema asked him where he had got his parallel strides, a very stylish dude Kerry, hopefully he's still hanging in there and if you could find out from John I'd be grateful, as for Click it's definately Bailey, Clifford was his real name and he was my best man when I married Pat, thanks again Brian didn't think I was going to get any replies so it's been a nice surprise, by the way are you from Burnley?

Derek

Social source share

This is a follow on Brian, if you still see Colin Bartlett can you let him know I was asking about him and Alan, thanks again, Derek.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert