Old Reggae Want's List, Imposible To Do In 2013

dthedrug

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....GOING THROUGH SOME BOX'S YESTERDAY,  WHEN I FOUND THIS WANT LIST FROM 1996 OR THERE ABOUT, IT'S FROM A YOUNG SKINHEAD FROM THE MIDLANDS, HE WAS AFFTER......WELL TAKE A LOOK AT HIS WANTS LIST,

THE ASTRIX ON THE R/HAND SIDE ARE THE SOUNDS I GOT FOR HIM, HE PAID £300, BY THE MILLENUIM THEY HAD TRIPLED IN VALUE, TODAY VALUE? I DON'T NO AS EVEN I CAN'T  FIND SOME OF THEM, :ohmy: DAVE Kpost-13241-0-57118200-1378361516_thumb.j

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....GOING THROUGH SOME BOX'S YESTERDAY,  WHEN I FOUND THIS WANT LIST FROM 1996 OR THERE ABOUT, IT'S FROM A YOUNG SKINHEAD FROM THE MIDLANDS, HE WAS AFFTER......WELL TAKE A LOOK AT HIS WANTS LIST,

THE ASTRIX ON THE R/HAND SIDE ARE THE SOUNDS I GOT FOR HIM, HE PAID £300, BY THE MILLENUIM THEY HAD TRIPLED IN VALUE, TODAY VALUE? I DON'T NO AS EVEN I CAN'T  FIND SOME OF THEM, :ohmy: DAVE Kattachicon.gif001.jpg

He's probably still looking for V Rocket by The Crystalites seeing as it's not by them  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

:hatsoff2: HI ALL   I THINK SKINHEAD GIRL COME OUT IN LATE 71,  IT LIKE MANY OF THE SKINHEAD TITLES COME OUT AFTER THE SKINHEAD CULT & FASHION HAD ENDED, EVEN THOUGH THE CLOTHS THAT MADE US LOOK SMART ON A SATURDAY NIGHT, WERE NOW USED AS WORK CLOTHS, MOST OF THE OLDER SKINHEADS ADOPTED THE SMOOTH LOOK AND REPLACED REGGAE WITH SOUL MUSIC, IN THE SOUTH FUNK WAS IN & THE NORTH WAS INTO RARE SOUL OF THE TYPE PLAYED AT THE TWISTED WHEEL, THE WORD NORTHERN SOUL WAS NOT USED TO DESCRIBE THE SCENE UNTIL 1972, ALTHOUGH THE WORDS HAD BEEN USED BY DAVE GODIN.

MOST OF THE SKINHEAD TITLES WERE NOT KNOWN, IT WAS NOT UNTIL SOME OF THE YOUNGER KIDS WHO KEPT LISTENING TO REGGAE IN THE MID 7ts DISCOVERD THEM, AND THE MOD REVIVAL IN THE LATE 7ts WANTED THEM THAT A DEMAND TO OWN THEM COME ABOUT, 

IN THE SKINHEAD PERIOD THE ONLY TITLES I HAD WAS SKINHEAD MOON STOMP, SKINHEAD TRAIN & SKINHEAD A MESSAGE TO YOU, THE LATTER ONE BY DESMOND RILEY I THINK I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN HARTFORDSHIRE TO OWN A COPY,

OFF SUBJECT A BIT, MONKEY GIRL MAYTELLS WAS A HAD ONE TO FIND, BACK IN THE DAY, :g: DAVE K

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

MOST OF THE SKINHEAD TITLES WERE NOT KNOWN, IT WAS NOT UNTIL SOME OF THE YOUNGER KIDS WHO KEPT LISTENING TO REGGAE IN THE MID 7ts DISCOVERD THEM, AND THE MOD REVIVAL IN THE LATE 7ts WANTED THEM THAT A DEMAND TO OWN THEM COME ABOUT, 

Yes, you're dead right there. A Mod mate of mine from Cambridge had 'Skinhead Speaks...' (Hot Rod) off me after I picked it up in a second hand shop for 25p, he snapped my hand off to get it. This was around 1980/81.

Years later I went round his house and managed to get it back plus some of the other 'Skinhead' titles for R&B records that he wanted off me. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ....I REMEMBER JOE & LEGS,FROM THE FEW TIMES I WENT TO THE DOT, & IN THE STUDENT PRINCE IN 69.

:thumbsup: THATS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD, SO BACK ON TRACK, SKINHEAD GIRL,

First I made a big mistake about having it on a blank, it never come out that way, I was thinking of the 8ts blank of SKINHEAD TRAIN C/W SKINHEAD A BASH EM CLAUDETTE, THIS BLANK WAS REDONE ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO, and it caught a few people out I saw 1 copy sell for £85 and many over £40 it's real value is £1.

SKINHEAD GIRL by SYMARIP was on their SKINHEAD MOONSTOMP LP, however it did come out on a 45 7" as it was on a TROJAN EP, SKINHEAD MOONSTOMP 3rd release has that awful pic cover of boots walking on the moon, that alone makes me vomit, no Skinhead had their LEVIS rolled up, dress up like that if you are a racist or gay but please don't think it's in the spirit of 69,

the EP  is not to be confused with TRO 9062 which has SKINHEAD JAMBOREE as the B side, it's the 3rd reissue that has the boot sleeve in green not the blue that is common, I will give more info on this when I can state it as a fact, even though I am not wrong, it's is also on a 12" TROJAN LABEL early 8ts. clear as mud :g: I can't find my Trojan listings book, it also may be in the YOUNG GIFTED & BLACK book that's worth a nose :ohmy: DAVE K 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!