Arnold blair finally made it home

Jonathan

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I got my copy through the post today from "Love Vinyl" in London and I think Soul Brother Records + Simply Soul (Fish) have some limited stock in this week too. No doubt other reputable sellers will also have some for sale at the £12ish RRP before anyone has to think about paying over the odds via resellers on Discogs, on here or via ebay etc. Really great record by the way and thanks to Russ at Super Disco Edits for releasing it. Cheers, S

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I may be way off the mark here but there was a post I read on a blog and can't now find where someone stated they knew Arnold and he had been killed in 1996, which led me to this article. Check the back of LeRoy Hutsons 'Feel The Spirit' Album where Arnold is listed as a backing singer and the guy front right of LeRoy looks very much like the same guy, and the age could match.

Very sad if that's how his life ended, unsolved gory murder possibly part of a serial killers victims :/

Hopefuly i'm way off the mark

EDIT: actually the more I look at the LeRoy cover the more I'm convinced it's the Arnold 18 years earlier than this photo...

IMG_0022.PNG

IMG_0023.JPG

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

56 minutes ago, Sutty said:

I may be way off the mark here but there was a post I read on a blog and can't now find where someone stated they knew Arnold and he had been killed in 1996, which led me to this article. Check the back of LeRoy Hutsons 'Feel The Spirit' Album where Arnold is listed as a backing singer and the guy front right of LeRoy looks very much like the same guy, and the age could match.

Very sad if that's how his life ended, unsolved gory murder possibly part of a serial killers victims :/

EDIT: actually the more I look at the LeRoy cover the more I'm convinced it's the Arnold 18 years earlier than this photo...

Really interesting post, thanks - certainly looks like him, though maybe somewhat surprising the article makes no mention of his background in the music business - shame Leroy H not on here 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Sutty said:

IMG_0022.PNG

IMG_0023.JPG

definitely looks like the same guy to me , love the tune . first heard it on 'soul time ' and managed to get a copy direct from super disco hits. to think its been in the can for so long , big shout to those responsible for getting it out . love the look of the label too ,top notch.

shorty

Social source share

16 hours ago, chalky said:

Robbing cnut.  1200 copies sold and you get people like this expoliting the scene.

totally agree, got mine from the Disco Edits web site, which sold out pretty immediately a month or so ago, supposedly Leroy had a stash of the track with him he was going to sell at his gigs and so somehow more became available from the disco edits site but i guess they have now gone..

seems every new release of note these days is getting bought in quantity and sold at 200/300% the right value,  I normally get em on pre order, but I missed that Big Lee Dowell 45 in July, and had to pay silly money for it, that said, both sides are great, love the inst version..

m

Social source share

15 hours ago, Tommy1 said:

Arnolds story told by Leroy Hutson

Oh All that happened was I was chatting with Leroy and we went through all of the singles on Gamingo. When we got to AB, Leroy said that he was the Curtom office cleaner and he wanted to make a record. That was it really as there was little time and we had other ground to cover. Leroy is appearing at the International Soul Festival in Blackpool and hopefully someone can get him to confirm / get further details while he is here. 

Social source share