Random Thoughts...................

223 posts in this topic

He was in one of the 80s 2 -tone bands, unsure which one

Just googled him........The Beat!

x

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 17:47, crazylegs said:

People miss the point when the say

"The glass is half full" or "The glass is half empty"

They need to remember the glass is refillable!

x

Sharron. That depends on how many glasses they have already drunk

Steve. X

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:07, Steve S 60 said:

For years I didn't eat bread crusts for fear of having curly hair.

For years I had curly hair with no fear whatsoever of bread crusts

Steve

27 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

For years I had curly hair with no fear whatsoever of bread crusts

Steve

I'll take your word for it, Steve.  (That's the curly hair, not the crusts).

37 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sharron. That depends on how many glasses they have already drunk

Steve. X

I'm forced to have a couple of brandy's tonight...........Ill update you later!!

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, crazylegs said:

I'm forced to have a couple of brandy's tonight...........Ill update you later!!

:rofl:

A bit off topic but ................I made a proper Punjabi curry last night - from scratch. It takes quite a few hours of preparation and slow cooking. I made it in memory of my lovely friend Surinderpal - Sunny, who passed away ten years ago. Sunny taught me how to make real Punjabi food - we used to spend all night cooking and drinking Barcardi Rum.

Last night I was forced to drink half a bottle of Absolute vodka as part of the cooking ritual. The curry was spot on with plenty left to freeze.

:hypo:

Peter 

Sunny I miss you lots. 

Edited by Peter99

41 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

I'll take your word for it, Steve.  (That's the curly hair, not the crusts).

I'm sure there's a picture of me in photos, yesterday's or something like that on here when I clearly have hair.

P.S. I actually have hair.  :elvis:I choose to shave it completely. :yes:

Steve

6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I'm sure there's a picture of me in photos, yesterday's or something like that on here when I clearly have hair.

Bygone years! :wicked:

:thumbup:

Evening mate. 

28 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

A bit off topic but ................I made a proper Punjabi curry last night - from scratch. It takes quite a few hours of preparation and slow cooking. I made it in memory of my lovely friend Surinderpal - Sunny, who passed away ten years ago. Sunny taught me how to make real Punjabi food - we used to spend all night cooking and drinking Barcardi Rum.

Last night I was forced to drink half a bottle of Absolute vodka as part of the cooking ritual. The curry was spot on with plenty left to freeze.

:hypo:

Peter 

Sunny I miss you lots. 

Sounds fabulous, let me know when I can come over for the freezer leftovers!!!!!   I made some amazing Berber friends who taught me how to make a good Tagine, haven't made one for ages................mouth watering a go go................

Update for you Steve

My brandy glass was quite full, now its almost empty, Ill try another, just to be sociable and also to assist in the................what was it again? Ill remember after the next one, hic!

x

6 minutes ago, crazylegs said:

Sounds fabulous, let me know when I can come over for the freezer leftovers!!!!!   I made some amazing Berber friends who taught me how to make a good Tagine, haven't made one for ages................mouth watering a go go................

Update for you Steve

My brandy glass was quite full, now its almost empty, Ill try another, just to be sociable and also to assist in the................what was it again? Ill remember after the next one, hic!

x

A good Tagine is delicious. We've had a few good foodie threads in the past. I'll start a new one on Friday.

:thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Bygone years! :wicked:

:thumbup:

Evening mate. 

Here's the picture. All you non  believers. I'm on the right.large.IMG_1942.JPG.c1f89b42ab3373e477d9e1b8e65e3b0c.JPG

Edited by Winsford Soul

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Here's the picture. All you non  believers. I'm on the right.large.IMG_1942.JPG.c1f89b42ab3373e477d9e1b8e65e3b0c.JPG

Possibly going Parr hall nighter. 

Good evening Peter. :hatsoff2:

Steve

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Think I remember seeing you about s bit Steve. Mind you, them tashes were everywhere! The girl on the left looks lovely. :wub::wub:

2 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Think I remember seeing you about s bit Steve. Mind you, them tashes were everywhere! The girl on the left looks lovely. :wub::wub:

You probably have seen me out and about, don't think there's many nighter venues I haven't been to. 

The lovely Lynne, one of my oldest and dearest friends from school. Sadly passed away just over a year ago. Still miss her. Eddie next to her is her husband. Eddie W on here. 

Steve

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

You probably have seen me out and about, don't think there's many nighter venues I haven't been to. 

The lovely Lynne, one of my oldest and dearest friends from school. Sadly passed away just over a year ago. Still miss her. Eddie next to her is her husband. Eddie W on here. 

Steve

I'm sorry to hear that Steve. She sounds like a true friend. I don't have contact with any friends from school - well one, Terry, who was also my niter buddy. He still gets out and about and we chat occasionally. 

The 80's were a great time in my life. 

13 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Who is Ranking Roger? 

:huh:

Real name Roger Charlery, possibly related to Ken?, was a vocalist with The Beat.  Oops, missed the boat on that one, but added a little information too.

Edited by TattooDave

14 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Who else would  like to see Ranking Roger on the Jonathan Ross  show 

When you get to a certain age your concept of reality and possibility become a little fogged, so I'm not entirely sure that this was for real, or a spoof, or possibly a dream, but I kind of remember an episode of Call My Bluff when Frank Muir had to define the word rancour with similar hilarity to the outcome of your post.

Is the hokey cokey really what it's all about, or am I missing something?

Is news about fake news, fake news ?

1 minute ago, Kegsy said:

Is news about fake news, fake news ?

Breaking faking news.

Social media site. Twitter. The singular must be Twit. So does that make every single follower a Twit ? Just a thought

Steve

15 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Social media site. Twitter. The singular must be Twit. So does that make every single follower a Twit ? Just a thought

Steve

The younger lot go on about twitter at work. Twatter to me - and as for that Bacefook.

:huh:

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:38, Peter99 said:

A good Tagine is delicious. We've had a few good foodie threads in the past. I'll start a new one on Friday.

What happened to the new foodie thread?

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links