Roddie Joy - He's So Easy To Love - Red Bird Demo

Philly

Counterfeit copy using the original demo label design ... nearly.

The repro label is incorrectly reproduced with no "sound hole" in the guitar that the Red Bird is playing , unlike every other Red Bird 45 out there.

Original demos and issues both in Styrene , whereas the repro is pressesd on Vinyl.

Originals with Delta # 57319 and a large raised 'X' in the runout ( large 'X' from the Shelley Products Ltd plant in Huntingdon station N.Y. that pressed up Red Birds 45's.

Repros with  "AR - 44650 - A" in the run-out , a number that in no way corresponds to the 1965 release.

Social source share

1 hour ago, chalky said:

Records don't just revolve round the Northern Soul scene.  Could've been done for another collecting scene????  Plenty of cheap and readily available records bootlegged, or more accurately counterfeited.

You have made your opinion on Facebook don't know why you have also popped up here ?   You are not a Mod here are you, don't want you opening or closing my posts like you did over there ....

Social source share

38 minutes ago, Philly said:

You have made your opinion on Facebook don't know why you have also popped up here ?   You are not a Mod here are you, don't want you opening or closing my posts like you did over there ....

I am a member and free to post where I like. My comment was made two hours ago  and not in response to anything you said   

The photo is of the vinyl boot as you have been made aware. 

Edited by chalky
Social source share

17 minutes ago, tlscapital said:

Here I agree with you ! If there is, I have never seen it !

John Browne's partner Tracey  has one and Dave Pinches also confirms a rare issue.  some of the scans on a google search look like vinyl although they ate not the best of scans/photos. 

Social source share

11 minutes ago, chalky said:

John Browne's partner Tracey  has one and Dave Pinches also confirms a rare issue.  some of the scans on a google search look like vinyl although they ate not the best of scans/photos. 

This is a styrene copy pressed at Monarch of which I'd love to see a demo of if anybody has one or seen one ?Capture d’écran 2017-01-03 à 21.07.50.png

Social source share

41 minutes ago, chalky said:

The only vinyl scans of this title on popsike are other copies of the moody one mentioned in post one. 

Social source share

40 minutes ago, tlscapital said:

This is a styrene copy pressed at Monarch of which I'd love to see a demo of if anybody has one or seen one ?Capture d’écran 2017-01-03 à 21.07.50.png

The top scan on 45cat is described as vinyl.  The person who added the scan mentions in the comments below that it is the first and only vinyl Red Bird 45 he has seen.

I've no reason to doubt what others have said regarding the vinyl issue.  Canadian are vinyl as well apparently. 

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

This keeps getting stranger and stranger... When I first replied to this topic I was merely surprised the title had been counterfeited, but decided to dig out my copy for a look. My copy is an issue, with a strong yellow label and... it's on VINYL! Run-out grooves have LS-1113 etched in, with nothing else. The red colouring on the bird has shonky registration, but the Red Bird logo text is crisp and sharp. 

image.jpeg

Social source share

2 minutes ago, cover-up said:

This keeps getting stranger and stranger... When I first replied to this topic I was merely surprised the title had been counterfeited, but decided to dig out my copy for a look. My copy is an issue, with a strong yellow label and... it's on VINYL! Run-out grooves have LS-1113 etched in, with nothing else. The red colouring on the bird has shonky registration, but the Red Bird logo text is crisp and sharp. 

image.jpeg

Odd indeed. The label is clearly a copy of the styrene one. Blurry it makes me think of these old Ric-Tic bootlegs made in the 7T's. I can't quite make up if it's an old bootleg made for the beach scene or something else really. I've dug out my styrene now to see the if the matrix match or not. My run-out groove is smaller/narrower and the handwriting is different...

Social source share

3 minutes ago, dave pinch said:

There is one issue on popsike with loads of writing on label.. Looks like vinyl to me .. Maybe john browne can post tracy's copy up.. Im away from home and i got no idea how ro copy and paste via mobile

Dave, if you refer to the Popsike one with "SYDNEY" writing on, it's the same pressing as the vinyl one here above. Most of those vinyl copies have big WOL like name and or sticker on...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Dave, if you refer to the Popsike one with "SYDNEY" writing on, it's the same pressing as the vinyl one here above. Most of those vinyl copies have big WOL like name and or sticker on...

9 hours ago, dave pinch said:

Yes thats the one.. 

IMG_0133.JPG

Social source share

25 minutes ago, 45cellar said:

Just had a quick look through my collection.

Even though they may be different pressing plants and quite common records, the quality of printing and position of logo are spot on.

Well that could have something to do with the fact that none of the 45's you posted were the bootlegged Roddie Joy which is the 45 in question ... :wink:

Social source share

3 minutes ago, chalky said:

I can't help thinking something doesn't look right with the vinyl issue of the record in question. The bird just doesn't look right running off the inner edge of the label.

True , but if you look at 45cellar's pictures above the registration is different on all of them , beit the Bird or the Styvesant lettering at the bottom ... ?

Social source share

10 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

True , but if you look at 45cellar's pictures above the registration is different on all of them , beit the Bird or the Styvesant lettering at the bottom ... ?

But on none does the bird run off the label, it is constantly in the same position although the issue is slightly lower than the demos?

Do all yours have any mastering or pressing plant stamp Roger?

Social source share

Yes Chalky

Roddie Joy - Come Back Baby

The Butterflys - I Wonder

Both have a Faint Audio Matrix

The 3 Styrene below

I have a Leader Of The Pack DEMO with Monarch and Audio Matrix

The Dixie Cups Chapel Of Love with Monarch, Audio Matrix and Bell Sound

Shangri-las I Can Never Go Home Any More / Sophisticated Boom Boom with simply a Raised X

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!