gogger

world cup

11 posts in this topic

to many teams or what , just read infantino and the fifa executive has agreed to expand to 48 teams  , and has been accused of greed , 48 for to many for me , at least england have a better chance , any thoughts :g:

1 hour ago, gogger said:

to many teams or what , just read infantino and the fifa executive has agreed to expand to 48 teams  , and has been accused of greed , 48 for to many for me , at least england have a better chance , any thoughts :g:

The process of getting rid of the shite so the tournament can start in earnest has always been a drag for me, looks like that process is gonna drag on even more now, yaaaaawn

Kev

44 dire teams england included ahem

if they qualify:g:

If it makes a better spectical than the dire shite that was the last Euros im game for any changes. 

Not sure how this will but give it a try. 

Inclusion of more countries is fine as long as you understand its about corporate advertising under the guise of football not the football itself. 

13 hours ago, kev cane said:

The process of getting rid of the shite so the tournament can start in earnest has always been a drag for me, looks like that process is gonna drag on even more now, yaaaaawn

Kev

not sure Kev

the format seems to actually improve things

one set of groups of 3 round then  straight into the  knockouts yep ?

for a team getting to semis it means the same amount of matches but one less group and one more knock out ?

is that worked out right?

Starts in the 2026 tournament, just hope I,m around to see it or sleep through it :)

Group of 3 open to fixing. 

There isn't many countries that can host that many teams with top facilities?

1 hour ago, chalky said:

Group of 3 open to fixing. 

There isn't many countries that can host that many teams with top facilities?

Read yesterday that penalties are to be used in drawn group matches to avoid carve ups.

More than likely the tournaments will be held in 2 neighbouring countries. 

Edited by shinehead

20 hours ago, gogger said:

Its about politics and money not football. New FIFA guy promised all the small countries access to the World Cup and he's just paying them back. I was surprised that the FIFA committee voted it through unanimously......or am I :shhh:

The top teams will always go through, does anybody really believe that Burkina Faso will reach the group phase whilst Chile or Holland remain at home ?

Love the "will generate about €600 million extra revenue that will be re-invested in football". For Infantino to get the votes he needed he promised all the Mickey Mouse countries a shot at the WC (aka money). The guy's just a slicker version of Blatter, heaven help FIFA because they don't seem to be able to do so.  

mickey_soccer3.jpg

fifa wordings for a penalty shoot out , if you lose the shoot out your eliminated from the competition but its not listed as a defeat so 2014 holland went home undefeated !!!

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links