Skull Snaps 45 / Album

Guest guest

25 minutes ago, Patto said:

I think you may be getting mixed up with IM YOUR PIMP which never got a legit 45 release.

My Hang up is you----Was released on original UK and US singles.

GSF  DELTA# 103793  REPRO STYRENE   GSF 3.09 VERSION B SIDE 4.03 6902 REPRO STYRENE  THE IS REPUTED THAT THERE IS A I'M YOUR PIMP WITH THE BSIDE DIDNT  I DO TO YOU 6896   Hang is  you  b side its a new day is on GSF 6891 that's on usa cant say for british  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, jkidd said:

Wanting The Skull Snaps, "My hang up is you" on GSF, original only with "Its a new day" on the flip, must be at least vg ++, pm me, cheers Jeff.

It absolutely did have a UK release on GSF and if its worth £950 you can have mine however I would be surprised to get that much.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's ok, but the UK release isn't a US 1st issue original release from the album, only the album track is the original US 1st issue, no matter how you call it etc, the UK 45 release is not Original 1st Issue, never was & never will, unfortunately, regardless of what it is or isn't worth etc, sorry.

Social source share

The Album release is the only 1st issue in this case sorry, UK or US release, they are not 1st Issue original releases for the choon, again, sorry

Social source share

Simultaneous (well within weeks) releases either side of the Atlantic was well recieved by northern fans in 1973  most of us had UK copies, but because it was easily available i got mine from the local Redifusion shop it never took off..........until later.

I bought the album as a new release from Silly Billy's in Liverpool along with Gil Scott Heron's Winter In America, (the first OVO play of The Bottle)

Edited by concrete
Social source share

2 minutes ago, concrete said:

Simultaneous (well within weeks) releases either side of the channel was well recieved by northern fans in 1973  most of us had UK copies, but because it was easily available i got mine from the local Redifusion shop it never took off..........until later.

I bought the album as a new release from Silly Billy's in Liverpool along with Gil Scott Heron's Winter In America, (the first OVO play of The Bottle)

That's what I don't understand, if the U.S copy & U.K copy are not 1st issues then what are. They are songs off the Album, and then given releases on 45rpm, both in the same year, then how come, as the other guy on here says there not Original issues, I don't understand, confused 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Social source share

13 hours ago, redditchcrew said:

GSF  DELTA# 103793  REPRO STYRENE   GSF 3.09 VERSION B SIDE 4.03 6902 REPRO STYRENE  THE IS REPUTED THAT THERE IS A I'M YOUR PIMP WITH THE BSIDE DIDNT  I DO TO YOU 6896   Hang is  you  b side its a new day is on GSF 6891 that's on usa cant say for british  

ALL the info I got was from john manship  6th addition  of his book  . the gsf 6891 also has  an unissued ? I always thought it was album only track to be played out & even that was issued again if I remember right .

Social source share

It's the original US 45 release from 1973 - the soul collectors bought it for 'My Hang Up Is You' and the funk collectors went for 'It's A New Day'

What makes you think it's not an original - I'm sure most people on this site will confirm it is

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, kjw said:

It's the original US 45 release from 1973 - the soul collectors bought it for 'My Hang Up Is You' and the funk collectors went for 'It's A New Day'

What makes you think it's not an original - I'm sure most people on this site will confirm it is

EXACTLY mate and the UK release done at roughly the same time is the U.K original 45 release

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest kevokeh
6 hours ago, kjw said:

What's this then -

Skull Snaps 1.jpgSkull Snaps 2.jpg

Same as mine, Purchased in 78 From Martin Kopell, Also got the Album same time both still Mint condition.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!