Hifi Sean Ft. Crystal Waters - Testify

Soul16

Guest son of stan

Quite enjoyed that. Could see it getting a bit annoying tho, if it gets overexposed.

Mind you I used to love Crystal Waters and her adorable, slightly off key vocals on the fantastic, 'Gypsy Woman' and the lesser known 'Makin' Happy' and '100% Pure Love' at the time...and still do! So good luck to her.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

On 14/01/2017 at 11:57, garswood said:

Is was ok for about 10 seconds, it's utter shite, listening to a n interview with producer , he doesn't even acknowledge where he got the piano intro from, he says he came up with a sixties soul theme, a mate of mine at work played it testarday , thought it was great and would love it to be played out,, I just looked in disbelief , no DJ would play this out at a northern night ..surely

Lazy Soul!

Social source share

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:57, garswood said:

Is was ok for about 10 seconds, it's utter shite, listening to a n interview with producer , he doesn't even acknowledge where he got the piano intro from, he says he came up with a sixties soul theme, a mate of mine at work played it testarday , thought it was great and would love it to be played out,, I just looked in disbelief , no DJ would play this out at a northern night ..surely

if its uncredited hope he get screwed over by the label/ rights owner

Social source share

14 hours ago, Mark R said:

You know, the irony IMHO is that invariably the more contemporary uptempo stuff picked up by those on the Northern scene are the ones that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole!  I'm not trying to make enemies here, but make of that what you will......it's a fact!

If folk listened to some of the brilliant house being released on a weekly basis instead of listening out only for things that somehow have a retro feel/content then they would be opening their minds up to a wealth of brilliance!

Of course, above all most on here don't want any of this electronic music ramming down their throats and that's completely understandable.

But if you do take an interest in it, I would say do it and yourselves justice!

Cheers,

Mark R

Agreed. It's crap mate.

But to say "brilliant house released on a weekly basis" is stretching it. That hasn't happened for years now. The quality output is very far and few between imo at the moment.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Methinks they've been listening to the piano in Love Slipped Through My Fingers.

Dx

100% correct, but what is annoying is that hi fi Sean  ( used to be in indie band the soup dragons)  says in interview that he tried to go with a 60"s soul vibe for the intro and doesn't even acknowledge that it's Sam Williams 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, daved said:

..............to say "brilliant house released on a weekly basis" is stretching it. That hasn't happened for years now. The quality output is very far and few between imo at the moment.

Depends how hard you look Dave........I don't hear any duds here, and I doubt many of them happen to have been released the same week................and it was a top 30 in its entirety, and has been a 40 in previous years.  There's still rarely a week where there's nothing very worthwhile to be had, and even more so if you don't limit yourself to Traxsource and/or downloads.  But I must admit it isn't as prolific as that 2002-2005 golden period if that's what you're comparing to?

And I doubt I bought anything that wasn't better than Hi-Fi Sean, and I buy quite a lot!!  LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

It might be me going mad but ken Bruce today on radio 2 played a record by I think HI fi Sean called testify still river or something like that and the opening bars sounded just like sam williams love slipped through my fingers it might be me over exited over scoring 27 on pop master or I've lost the plot cheers anyway atb the yockmiester 

Social source share

11 minutes ago, yockyman said:

It might be me going mad but ken Bruce today on radio 2 played a record by I think HI fi Sean called testify still river or something like that and the opening bars sounded just like sam williams love slipped through my fingers it might be me over exited over scoring 27 on pop master or I've lost the plot cheers anyway atb the yockmiester 

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/363533-hifi-sean-ft-crystal-waters-testify/

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!