It's either this or this.

Edited by TattooDave
I'm a dumbass

3 hours ago, TattooDave said:

It's either this or this.

Enjoyed those, thanks :D

2 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Enjoyed those, thanks :D

He's done some incredibly weird mixes, which collectively have made me revisit lots of films that were part of my child(ish)hood

mine are...

slaves -where's your car debbie

clash-train in vain

Macca b- wah me eat

fatal microbes-violence grows

slaves-cheer up London

anti pasti-no government

the photos-irene

24 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

He's done some incredibly weird mixes, which collectively have made me revisit lots of films that were part of my child(ish)hood

Really interesting, new to me - just been checking out a longer mix on youtube, as you say all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff in there. Me and a mate have just started trying to do similar things with Logic Pro software - will see about posting some up if they turn out OK  

15 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Really interesting, new to me - just been checking out a longer mix on youtube, as you say all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff in there. Me and a mate have just started trying to do similar things with Logic Pro software - will see about posting some up if they turn out OK  

Are you sampling? I'd like to see British stuff sampled more, like 'Allo 'Allo, which would be quite fitting with Renée just passing.

33 minutes ago, codfromderby said:

mine are...

slaves -where's your car debbie

clash-train in vain

Macca b- wah me eat

fatal microbes-violence grows

slaves-cheer up London

anti pasti-no government

the photos-irene

Great list :thumbup: Me and another mate have a vinyl night every few weeks and he plays all this kind of stuff - post punk, mod revival, reggae, etc. Usually empty the drinks cupboard in the process.

Photos 'Irene' a cracker, underrated   

11 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Are you sampling? I'd like to see British stuff sampled more, like 'Allo 'Allo, which would be quite fitting with Renée just passing.

lol yes though didn't have Allo Allo in mind. More like trying to fit together piano loops, basslines, isolated vocal parts etc 

19 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

lol yes though didn't have Allo Allo in mind. More like trying to fit together piano loops, basslines, isolated vocal parts etc 

Chris, you should check out more of Pogo's stuff, he has some visuals of his music making with loops on it, like this from A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

This is the guy, just doing it all.....

Another that I listen to a lot, mostly because I associate well with Rowley Birkin QC

"The Timpan Reel" - The Chieftans

In my search for a copy of the film Malcolm I decided to find a clip on YouTube to amuse myself, having laughed a whole lot while watching the film many years ago, and then came across this by the Penguin Café Orchestra which they adapted for the film.

CHIMES OF FREEDOM by the Byrds has been in my non-soul playlist for 50+ years. I just wish they had done the complete Dylan version but it was probably too long for a 45. Anyway for some reason I've been playing it an awful lot over the past week or so. Even though I know virtually nothing about Bruce Springsteen's works his 1988 live from East Berlin version of "Chimes" is also well worth seeing.

10 hours ago, TattooDave said:

In my search for a copy of the film Malcolm I decided to find a clip on YouTube to amuse myself, having laughed a whole lot while watching the film many years ago, and then came across this by the Penguin Café Orchestra which they adapted for the film.

Malcolm is an one of my all-time favourite films. Managed to pick up a DVD of it on my last visit to Melbourne.

35 minutes ago, Missing Link said:

Malcolm is an one of my all-time favourite films. Managed to pick up a DVD of it on my last visit to Melbourne.

Was it in good cardboard?

Don't know about present favourites, but this has been a favourite ever since it's release.

On 29/01/2017 at 12:35, gointoagogo said:

CHIMES OF FREEDOM by the Byrds has been in my non-soul playlist for 50+ years. I just wish they had done the complete Dylan version but it was probably too long for a 45. Anyway for some reason I've been playing it an awful lot over the past week or so. Even though I know virtually nothing about Bruce Springsteen's works his 1988 live from East Berlin version of "Chimes" is also well worth seeing.

Enjoyed this, like a bit of Byrds - 'My Back Pages' a regular spin on my decks

On 23/01/2017 at 12:46, polyvelts said:

Bought this on 12" vinyl and been playing it tonight, absolutely love it - recommend me some more :)

One from me if you like this kind of stuff, Offaiah 'Trouble' (Club Mix), currently getting lots of spins here:-

Always liked this but have been revisiting it of late.

Posted (edited)

Picked this up the other day ... and played it on my older turntable as wasn't sure of how it would play .... good tune though !! 😜😜😜

Edited by stevegods

This one by Maria Callas is non soul but it's oh so soulful

it may get some discussion going if you post a sound clip or 2 with your recommendations  ?

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links