Dontells - Superb Unreleased Soul Sides from 1965 - Now on 45!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this a few weeks ago Sean. Received mine today from Colemine and top quality both sides for sure for anyone who likes this style and tempo of soul. Guessing there'll be some UK dealers stocking but if not then best get in quick from Colemine, as when I looked a moment ago their website was saying only 9 left (not sure how many they pressed up?). Cheers, Steve :thumbsup:

https://www.coleminerecords.com/products/tsr002

PS...If anyone has a spare or unwanted copy of the Dontel's "Moaning and crying" / "Soul nitty gritty" (on Donte) then please let me know, thanks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Scotters
Social source share

On 1/27/2017 at 20:58, Sean Hampsey said:

Strongly tipping this great new release.

Old music, recorded in 1965 and now available on a stunning double sided 45.

Some of you will know how I've championed the Dontells 'Gonna Tell The World' for many years, well this is right in the same bag.

Classic Chicago Soul Heaven. Great to see my friend Nathaniel Pendleton's work from over 50 years ago finally getting a release.

Heres what they say at Groove Attack - The Dontells entered the studio and cut two tracks that put that sound on full display. The session was led by producer Calvin Carter, world famous Arranger Johnny Pate-along with the cities top musicians. These tracks were never released and have only been heard by a few people until now. The A side “Move On Down the Line” grabs you from the first second the needle drops. A mid tempo love song with a trademark arrangement from Pate and a vocal melody and approach in the style of Chicago’s king of soul, Curtis Mayfield. “There Goes A Fool” is the B side and is a reminder why The Dontells were one of the best groups out of the Windy City. Another brilliant production with a top notch arrangement . Horns, strings, a swinging backbeat and that signature Chicago vocal sound lead by the sweet harmonies of Nate, Leroy, Manuel & Ralph. This is no doubt a 60’s soul classic in 2017!

Will put both sides on here from YouTube.

If you love the classic 'Chicago' sound I'm sure you'll appreciate both sides.

Available soon  - 8 Bucks From Colemine - Get em while you can! https://www.coleminerecords.com/col.../music/products/tsr002

Cheers,

:thumbsup:

Sean

On 1/27/2017 at 20:58, Sean Hampsey said:

Strongly tipping this great new release.

Old music, recorded in 1965 and now available on a stunning double sided 45.

Some of you will know how I've championed the Dontells 'Gonna Tell The World' for many years, well this is right in the same bag.

Classic Chicago Soul Heaven. Great to see my friend Nathaniel Pendleton's work from over 50 years ago finally getting a release.

Heres what they say at Groove Attack - The Dontells entered the studio and cut two tracks that put that sound on full display. The session was led by producer Calvin Carter, world famous Arranger Johnny Pate-along with the cities top musicians. These tracks were never released and have only been heard by a few people until now. The A side “Move On Down the Line” grabs you from the first second the needle drops. A mid tempo love song with a trademark arrangement from Pate and a vocal melody and approach in the style of Chicago’s king of soul, Curtis Mayfield. “There Goes A Fool” is the B side and is a reminder why The Dontells were one of the best groups out of the Windy City. Another brilliant production with a top notch arrangement . Horns, strings, a swinging backbeat and that signature Chicago vocal sound lead by the sweet harmonies of Nate, Leroy, Manuel & Ralph. This is no doubt a 60’s soul classic in 2017!

Will put both sides on here from YouTube.

If you love the classic 'Chicago' sound I'm sure you'll appreciate both sides.

Available soon  - 8 Bucks From Colemine - Get em while you can! https://www.coleminerecords.com/col.../music/products/tsr002

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Up Sean how ya doing'?,  Long Time No See and all that, Nice post, Have to say Move on down the line, Very nice, very much in keeping with what the Impressions were doing at the time, First class, Rick.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 23/02/2017 at 11:42, RICK SCOTT said:

Hey Up Sean how ya doing'?,  Long Time No See and all that, Nice post, Have to say Move on down the line, Very nice, very much in keeping with what the Impressions were doing at the time, First class, Rick.

Hi Rick, good to hear from you mate.

Hope, all is well.

I agree Rick, lovely old tracks arent they.

These are now out and about and available from many good purveyors of all things Soulful.

Limited edition item so, anyone not yet placed an order, go get them while you can!

Cheers,

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!