Harrisons Hoist. Earby. All-nighter raid 1970

Ik001

I know this topic has been covered before? But does any member on here have any experiences of my home town’s All-nighter raid??

Also around the same time the similar raids took place at The Metro Bistro in Halifax/Wakefield?? And Lord Jims in Huddersfield I think, but again would be interested in any info.

Long before the term Northern Soul was used but would be interested to know what the music policy was.

D.J’s at Harrison’s I have been informed by my friend Fran O’Brien was the late Les Cockel and Deryk ?, who also used to run an after the Wheel event at Thornton Manor on a Sunday night.

Many thanks,

In Anticipation,

Ian

16387091_255953534841430_3951635855983855123_n.jpg

998.JPG

Edited by ik001
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Steve Foran said:

I was reading about the Metro Bistro bust yesterday. Only 2 were not arrested of the 300/400 at the gig. The rest were taken for a urine test I think.

But it wasn't compulsory in those days, you could just refuse and piss on the cell floor.

Social source share

21 hours ago, ik001 said:

I know this topic has been covered before? But does any member on here have any experiences of my home town’s All-nighter raid??

Also around the same time the similar raids took place at The Metro Bistro in Halifax/Wakefield?? And Lord Jims in Huddersfield I think, but again would be interested in any info.

Long before the term Northern Soul was used but would be interested to know what the music policy was.

I never went, but I would reckon the music policy was the same as the Wheel/Metro/Lord Jims, in 1970 there were not any sub-genres like there are now. Imports had only just started to drip onto the scene, so DJ's were limited to mostly British releases. However within about 12-18 months new discoveries on the scene became almost 100% imports and playlists were probably 90% imports.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert