soultronic

Disk burning with I-tunes . Help !

27 posts in this topic

first let me say anything computer related is a bit of a nightmare for me. I used to be able to burn disks from I-Tunes with no problem. now every time I try to burn a disc it gets two or three tracks in and then fails with the error message 4450 which means nothing to me. if I un-install and then re-install I-Tunes would I lose all my music library. has anyone come across this issue I would really appreciate some tips. similar scenario with windows media player, will not complete a disc burn.

shorty

Is it the same batch of blank discs this happens on?  You could have  a bad batch . I had this with a set I bought but they worked fine on my friends pc

Do the discs work with any other burning program?

you shouldn't lose your music as it is stored on your PC in your itunes / music folder.

what operating system are you using?

google the error and there is plenty on the net about it and how to fix it

Are you burning the tracks as a playlist?  From a playlist I mean?

thanks for all your answers guys , in answer to David , tried it on different disks , same result. tried to burn on windows media player , that wont work . I tunes plays and recognises c.ds

I take it you use a windows operating system?

Have you tried googling the error message and following the instructions to uninstall and reinstall iTunes although if it doesn't work on windows media player then iTunes isn't the fault.  It could be the actual cd burner? Could be software.

Firstly try turning down the burn speed. I used to have problems with a previous PC in that the memory buffer could not keep up with the speed that the disk was asking for the data; also turn everything else off, and don't multi task. Close all your other windows down. I have also seen reports of some printers clashing, so disconnect them if possible.

There are a few free disc burning programs out there, which I won't attempt to recommend; although I used to get very good results with Nero - I had the program on a disc that came with another PC. This also gave the option of burning the song details into the CD and on SOME car CD players the track and artist flashed up on the display when it was playing.

yep burning the songs from a playlist , gets about 2 or 3 songs in then cancels with the error message 4450 , yeah its windows chalky , gonna try turning the burn speed down and closing everything else down

just tried again , turned the burn speed down to 12x , closed all other programs down and used a different  c.d type  [ sony ] same result ,got to the third song then cancelling c.d burn came up and the error message 4450 . driving me potty

Is it just music or do you have a problem burning data discs?

don't know I only burn c.ds David. did the diagnostics check with I tunes and it was fine . contemplating one of the free burning apps but which ones are good and not full of bugs

just downloaded another application [ express burn ] and that's done the same thing , ejected the disc not long after I pressed the burn button,  DOH !

10 hours ago, soultronic said:

just downloaded another application [ express burn ] and that's done the same thing , ejected the disc not long after I pressed the burn button,  DOH !

are you a member of i tunes music , the monthy subsciption , most of my music is now as they say in the cloud  , before i jouned this could burn almost anything , can hardley burn anything now , could be an apple thing , if not i would love an answer myself , thanks john

Check the default settings for Itunes. Control Panel/ Programs/ Default Programs/ Set your default. Click on Itunes and Choose defaults for this program.

Capture.JPG

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:01, gogger said:

are you a member of i tunes music , the monthy subsciption , most of my music is now as they say in the cloud  , before i jouned this could burn almost anything , can hardley burn anything now , could be an apple thing , if not i would love an answer myself , thanks john

no, not a member of I tunes monthly subscription. same thing is happening with I tunes , windows media , and express burn,did the diagnostics check with I tunes and it recognised the burner. my computer is a sony vaio with a pioneer cd deck , is it possible I need to update some drivers for this . HELP

SHORTY

will try what tabs has suggested when ive got some time, just got back from the Vybe weekender , a bit jaded now. will of course report back if successful or not. and once again thanks to everyone for taking time to suggest possible remedies . quality soul people.

shorty

Might be that the playlist is too large for the capacity of the CD you're trying to burn to? You could maybe try taking a few tracks off the playlist and then try reburning the shorter list? Just a thought? Might be worth a go, if you haven't already. I'd have had a full blown technotantrum by now.

55 minutes ago, flamingemeralds said:

Might be that the playlist is too large for the capacity of the CD you're trying to burn to? You could maybe try taking a few tracks off the playlist and then try reburning the shorter list? Just a thought? Might be worth a go, if you haven't already. I'd have had a full blown technotantrum by now.

Itunes usually tells you there is not enough space

the cd burner is probably fc*ked given that it doesn't work with any program and different discs

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 20:16, chalky said:

Itunes usually tells you there is not enough space

the cd burner is probably fc*ked given that it doesn't work with any program and different discs

looking that way chalky , is it possible to buy a c.d burner that say plugs in via usb, so I can still use my I-tunes library  ? hopi don't have to buy another laptop

12 minutes ago, soultronic said:

looking that way chalky , is it possible to buy a c.d burner that say plugs in via usb, so I can still use my I-tunes library  ? hopi don't have to buy another laptop

you can get them for under a tenner on ebay just type external CD or DVD writer 

15 minutes ago, soultronic said:

Plenty out there from £20. Read the reviews before you buy. I have one for my mac.

cheers for that Chalky and Brummie , didn't realise you could get one for so little money , hope theres one that's idiot proof. but judging by the other c.d burning thread ive just spotted on here it is a bit of a minefield, so many annoying little traits , discs not finalising ect

shorty

40 minutes ago, soultronic said:

cheers for that Chalky and Brummie , didn't realise you could get one for so little money , hope theres one that's idiot proof. but judging by the other c.d burning thread ive just spotted on here it is a bit of a minefield, so many annoying little traits , discs not finalising ect

shorty

This happened to me with an HP laptop.

It's my experience that both Windows updates and i-Tunes are always cocking up various programs.

Earlier this year Microsoft had to come on line twice to fix a install problem relating to Windows 10 and i-Tunes

on my laptop.

This is a free service that they offer relating to Windows 10, though I understand peoples reticence  to allow them

access to their laptop. Eventually Microsoft re-installed i-tunes for me , only to find that Windows 10 still won't

allow it to up-date to the latest version .

This last week a Windows up-date disabled my wife's laptops ability to connect to the internet.

Going on line I found that there are 10's of thousands with the same problem.

Eventually I managed to find the right fix for that on You-tube.

The same laptop hasn't been able to burn or read discs since upgrading to Windows 10.

It was until months later that I found this out, because she rarely uses it.

cheers Mick , you obviously know your way round the computer world , but its a real minefield for someone like , just hope when I buy one of these external drives I can get my music over from I-tunes and get a decent quality result lap of the gods . if anyone knows a good external burner , please let me know.

Buy a mac, you get none of this crap :lol:

Edited by chalky

if only Chalky , could be spending some of that money on tunes . seriously though I know what youre saying , you get what you pay for . but the kit ive been using aint too shabby  [ sony vaio with pioneer burner ] these things are great till they go wrong

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links