Geno Washington - If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely)

4 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Well the two songs I have are on a tape and both have studio talking, Gino and John Shroeder  sorry about the spelling

Makes sense as Sanctuary found it when rooting through the Pye archives and JS was one of their top producer / arrangers.

Social source share

Just now, Gilly said:

When did Sanctuary go rooting

Started maybe 92, I think I compiled their first two Pye / Piccadilly Northern CD's for them and did the sleeve notes but that was really before CD's got that popular but they must have had the rights for a good 10 years and released more or less everything in the vaults, loads of Psych and Joe Meek stuff

Social source share

Just now, Gilly said:

Thanks for that so that's about how long ive had them. The tape has BBC written on it

I'm starting to wonder if I'm wrong about it being on an anniversary single - maybe it was a promo CD and not a record...I can just remember a 4 track EP I'm sure it was that.  Anyway someone's bound to know.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Pete S said:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm wrong about it being on an anniversary single - maybe it was a promo CD and not a record...I can just remember a 4 track EP I'm sure it was that.  Anyway someone's bound to know.

This is the only 'recent' EP I can find, unreleased tracks but no 'If This Is Love...'

R-4269083-1410357637-8922.jpeg.jpg.6f56eb2d3545a893bc755264334ba67f.jpg

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!