Pete S

Venue in Stoke On Trent

13 posts in this topic

Potteries people; my Missus' sister and her partner are running this pub now, it's in Hartshill and they say they would be interested in someone putting on a Northern Soul or Ska night there, or even an open decks night. They'd probably let you have the venue for free to start if you can bring in some punters. It's just an idea and I said I'd pass on the info. There's a phone number at this link but you need to ask for Angela Cameron or just pop in there.

1 hour ago, Pete S said:
Potteries people; my Missus' sister and her partner are running this pub now, it's in Hartshill and they say they would be interested in someone putting on a Northern Soul or Ska night there, or even an open decks night. They'd probably let you have the venue for free to start if you can bring in some punters. It's just an idea and I said I'd pass on the info. There's a phone number at this link but you need to ask for Angela Cameron or just pop in there.

Nice drum. 

Allways been A "in & trendy pub " will give it A go , full of nurses 2

9 minutes ago, hornet said:

Allways been A "in & trendy pub " will give it A go , full of nurses 2

:wicked:

Mid 8ts used to park near this one, hit it for a couple, on to Boozy Dog, Vaults, then on to Ritzys'...Castle was a top spot for nitelife back then, it was either Castle or Nantwich. The pub being discussed here, can't remember its' actual name back then was full of nurses as North Staffs RI is literally just up the road.

Glory days, Ritzy in Castle had been at one time been the famous Tiffanys allniter or was it alldayer?

13 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Mid 8ts used to park near this one, hit it for a couple, on to Boozy Dog, Vaults, then on to Ritzys'...Castle was a top spot for nitelife back then, it was either Castle or Nantwich. The pub being discussed here, can't remember its' actual name back then was full of nurses as North Staffs RI is literally just up the road.

Glory days, Ritzy in Castle had been at one time been the famous Tiffanys allniter or was it alldayer?

Back then it was The Noahs Ark.

Used to be a good place to visit on a Thursday night, prior to moving on to the Queens in Basford.  Ahem.

15 hours ago, sir cumference said:

Back then it was The Noahs Ark.

OK

2 hours ago, tiberius said:

Used to be a good place to visit on a Thursday night, prior to moving on to the Queens in Basford.  Ahem.

Queens was it's own night though eh? Used to go there as a teenager, used to get quite a bit of Motown played there, that's why I used to go...

Last time I went about 2010 on a visit up-country (lived in Cornwall now twenty years), it was still the same! Shame it's closed down now eh. Queens was a great night back in the day :wicked:...

Edited by BabyBoyAndMyLass

12 hours ago, tiberius said:

Believe the grannies have now moved 2 Kings hall ! Attended A soul nite there once , not sure if it was A minshall do ! But not sure !

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 19:32, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

It was mid to late seventies after the Torch closed and it was an alldayer on Sundays every month or two.

We also had a Sunday night every week downstairs in Pollyanas,  DJs were Colin Curtis, Kieth Minshall, Dave Evison  etc  ...The glory days!!

Edited by PeteSi

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:53, hornet said:

Believe the grannies have now moved 2 Kings hall ! Attended A soul nite there once , not sure if it was A minshall do ! But not sure !

Not like that now I can assure you, possibly the best nighter in the country plenty of youngsters and of course some of us olduns loL

1 hour ago, PeteSi said:

It was mid to late seventies after the Torch closed and it was an alldayer on Sundays every month or two.

We also had a Sunday night every week downstairs in Pollyanas,  DJs were Colin Curtis, Kieth Minshall, Dave Evison  etc  ...The glory days!!

Wasn't it called The Bali Hi? (sp) back then?

Pep was also a DJ too. Its the venue where I first found my soul.................and a lifetime of friendships..........

x

5 hours ago, PeteSi said:

It was around 2012 when it shut but I think was used, on and off, right up until then by various promotion alongside the "Grab a Granny" scene.

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links