dthedrug

SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

128 posts in this topic

Latest addition,not to everyone's taste but most will know by now I love a bit of Latin :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Mick

Not the greatest vocals but what a brilliant backing track :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

That's what sold me on it Martyn.

I note that the new Coalminers' Groovadelic compilation LP , contains a few tracks highlighting that West Coast Garage "sound".

In case anyone's interested see here.

2 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

That's what sold me on it Martyn.

I note that the new Coalminers' Groovadelic compilation LP , contains a few tracks highlighting that West Coast Garage "sound".

In case anyone's interested see here.

Mick

That looks interesting.Only knew the Beverly Savage track which was a C/U a few years back.Will track a few of them down for a listen :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Form the pen of Philip Mitchell a bit of Stax from me today. Superb vocals from the beautiful Carla Thomas - Love Among The People. Bit quiet tonight - lets be having yer!

Posted (edited)

Looks like I'm playing to an empty dance floor! :( Gonna end with another album only, absolutely sublime soul record. The brilliant Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid.

Edited by Peter99

15 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Looks like I'm playing to an empty dance floor! :( Gonna end with another album only, absolutely sublime soul record. Absolutely brilliant - Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid.

Peter

Couple of other good tracks on the LP as well :thumbsup:

Bobby Taylor - Little Miss Sweetness

On 08/04/2017 at 21:02, Peter99 said:

Form the pen of Philip Mitchell a bit of Stax from me today. Superb vocals from the beautiful Carla Thomas - Love Among The People. Bit quiet tonight - lets be having yer!

Very underrated.

Can't understand myself, why this hasn't ever been included in any of the Stax/Volt , Kent crossover CD compilations.

Excellent choice.

Another one for the soul cops.

A very off the wall UK only production, seldom comes up for sale, which some might say is a good thing.

Robert Henley Hensley UK Polydor, Baby you're gonna to see me cry.

Posted (edited)

Finally got round to playing this one - Hull City Hall on Saturday and yesterday on the radio show - guess will be getting further spins from me . 

Gillespie & Co. 'Sunshine people' 

Edited by andybellwood

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, andybellwood said:

Finally got round to playing this one - Hull City Hall on Saturday and yesterday on the radio show - guess will be getting further spins from me . 

Gillespie & Co. 'Sunshine people' 

Andy

Like this,what's the score with it?Is a relative new release?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

From the same stable as Gillespie & Co is this rather nice instrumental...

bit of the old crossover , barbara acklin / love , you are mine today - brunswick records

Don't remember posting this up before, but if I have, I apologise a little... but it's worth another listen even if cheap, mine's an issue

Sorting out the tunes for Mondays radio show  so off Willie Colon's  LP 'El Malco' its 'Willie Whopper'

A nice bit of crossover for a Monday, the flip to Somebody I know...

The flip to Brenda Lee Jones You're The Love Of My Life...

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...How many versions of "my babe" are there?, this is one of the best, a gritty sound and a quality R&B backing that takes me back to my first year as a teenager (13 yrs of age!) my sister who was an original MOD would dance to this,  As you can imagine this version typifies that classic MOD sound of R&B that paved it's way to make the RARE SOUL SCENE, So I think you should be proud of the London MODS of 1963/4 for establishing the Hart & Soul of what has made life so good.

At times I think I'm getting soft in my old age?.. ANYWAY heres a copy I picked up 2 weeks ago in minty condition but NOC,  if you like this 45 this spare could be yours for the right trade or i might make it a prize in a future competition, as I have not done one for a long time,  

HERE IS MY COPY 

KTF DAVE

ROYHEAD DEMO.jpg

Evening All :hatsoff2:

This might have been posted before but, as per the rules, I've just managed to get one, so new to the collection so I'll chance my arm and post it up. I've wanted one for ages, and it takes me right back to Poke's sets at Clifton Hall. A true dancers record. Thanks to a real gentleman for helping me out once again with a great deal - he's a top DJ too. I've added a few nice things recently and I'm at that proverbial collectors crossroad - do I continue investing in my collection, and start investing in cataloguing and storing it properly, or should I stop? :g:

Anyway, apologies, I'm digressing. The Pretenders - Just Be Yourself. Awesome.

Pete

1970 track from me today of an LP The Many Grooves OF a stunning album if i say so myself ,Think Stars got posted quit a while ago on SSRC

Barbara Lewis - Do I Deserve It Baby - Stax 

Enjoy !!!! :)

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Another album track bought the album of oldsoulgit  on here (aka) Jim Smirk 

Another crackin' Album IMHO 

Jim said it needed playing out more & there's never been  a 7" release  found yet !

Its got on my last 2 playlists The Vale Club,Congleton & The Crosville Club ,Crewe

Linda Jones - If Only We Had Met Sooner - Loma Lp

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

From one of the finest vocalists ever - Who's Right or Wrong. Mr Edwin Starr.

Recently flipped "It Was True", this is "Smokin'"

Is this too disco ?

It's very anthemic any road and may have been played at the Mecca, Morecambe or similar.

Hudson County - Heaven's Here On Earth- RCA

Edited by Mick Sway

My latest addition...........

Eddie King - Mae B. Mae - Get Off My Back Jay-V

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links