Duke Browner

Crying over you - Andy / Did the Duke get any royalties from the grapevine pressing - just out of curiosity - any history who found the record, who first played it -

epitome of Northern Soul - beat, rare, clapping bit, spinning bit, unbeatable start and soulful - Legend much respect.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Lots of record's still take my. Breath away 40.odd     yrs on, but this is the one that Absouloutly kills me every time l hear it. The perfect soul record  l refuse anyone who has an ounce of soul not to like it 👌👍🎶🎶🎶🎶👏

Social source share

Jesus where the photos from I never took any when I went round and didn't bring any away with me, something I will always regret, bonus got a few 45s thou. First person to meet him in person from the UK (thanks to Richard Wylie) spent an hour or so with him. Ill tell you one thing sitting in the middle of two music gurus I was so lucky  Bless them both RIP

• Helpful 3
Social source share

22 hours ago, ZoomSoulBlue said:

Crying over you - Andy / Did the Duke get any royalties from the grapevine pressing - just out of curiosity - any history who found the record, who first played it -

epitome of Northern Soul - beat, rare, clapping bit, spinning bit, unbeatable start and soulful - Legend much respect.

Torch/Cats/Early Mecca sound. Hard to say which one first, but if I was forced, I'd say Pep at the Cats, maybe with a little help from the London lads Dave Rivers et al. If not probably Ian at the Mecca.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!