The Imperials

Gary

Right, when i got married i sold a lot of my vinyl, because i was hard up.

Kept my favouites but somewhere in the murky past i misplaced them or they possibly were stolen. At this time was not too bothered. Recently been trying to replace (not bothered about format anymore) and still need a copy of The Imperials The Hope We Have. Can anyone tell me if its available on CD? If not what other formats bearing in mind i have not mastered MP3 or anything like that yet?

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Right, when i got married i sold a lot of my vinyl, because i was hard up.

Kept my favouites but somewhere in the murky past i misplaced them or they possibly were stolen. At this time was not too bothered. Recently been trying to replace (not bothered about format anymore) and still need a copy of The Imperials The Hope We Have. Can anyone tell me if its available on CD? If not what other formats bearing in mind i have not mastered MP3 or anything like that yet?

link

Do you mean The Artistics or is it definitely The Imperials - Artistics is on a few cd's or I can send you an mp3

Social source share

Do you mean The Artistics or is it definitely The Imperials - Artistics is on a few cd's or I can send you an mp3

link

Oh not sure now, its the one Steve Cato dances to on function at the junction which i thought was the imperials but i may well have got it wrong, not got the best memory. Take a raincheck on any MP3 at the moment as im off line at home and am accessing through work computer in lunch break. Can you give me CD titles Pete? By the way, pleased your still here, totally supported what you said on other thread its the music and spreading the faith thats important.

Social source share

Thanks for the comments mate. It is the artistics that you want.

The first time on CD the cream of Northern Soul from one of the greatest SOUL labels of all time. Compiled by leading DJ Kev Roberts, the 26 tracker contains first time on CD titles The Visitors- I'm in Danger, Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On plus hugely in demand Jackie Wilson titles My Heart Is Calling and Because of You. Stompers from The Demures, Adams Apples to the sublime Jackie Ross and Leroy Taylor make this a 'must buy' collection. Mastered from the original tapes, the selection is one of the best listens you are ever likely to encounter Northern Soul wise. Glorious full colour packaging with archive sleeve notes. You will also find exclusively Jackie Wilson's - The Who Who Song which is from the latest KFC TV AD.

1- HOPE WE HAVE - THE ARTISTICS / 2- OH LINDA - LEROY TAYLOR] / 3- THE WHO WHO SONG - JACKIE WILSON / 4- GIRL, I NEED YOU - THE ARTISTICS / 5- HAVE MORE TIME - MARVIN SMITH / 6- SHING A LING - THE COOPERETTES / 7- BET YOU NEVER THOUGHT - GENE CHANDLER / 8- SWEET DARLING - BILLY BUTLER / 9- KEEP YOUR CHIN UP - JACKIE ROSS / 10- THERE WAS A TIME - GENE CHANDLER / 11- DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON THIS WORLD - ADAMS APPLES / 12- MY HEART IS CALLING - JACKIE WILSON / 13- PURPLE HAZE - JOHNNY JONES / 14- CALIFORNIA MONTAGE - YOUNG HOLT LIMITED / 15- SWEETEST THING - CHANNEL 3 / 16- I'M IN DANGER - THE VISITORS / 17- THE CHASE IS ON - JOHNNY HOWARD / 18- FROM THE TEACHER TO THE PREACHER - GENE CHANDLER AND BARBARA ACKLIN / 19- I'M SO GLAD - HERB JOHNSON / 20- I'M A LOVER - CHUCK CARTER / 21- BABY BOY - FRED HUGHES / 22- BECAUSE OF YOU - JACKIE WILSON / 23- WRONG NUMBER - LEE CHARLES / 24- RAINING TEARDROPS - THE DEMURES / 25- THIS LOVE IS REAL - THE PROMISES / 26- YOU GOT ME WALKING - JACKIE WILSON

10.99 from here

Social source share

Thanks for the comments mate. It is the artistics that you want.

The first time on CD the cream of Northern Soul from one of the greatest SOUL labels of all time. Compiled by leading DJ Kev Roberts, the 26 tracker contains first time on CD titles The Visitors- I'm in Danger, Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On plus hugely in demand Jackie Wilson titles My Heart Is Calling and Because of You. Stompers from The Demures, Adams Apples to the sublime Jackie Ross and Leroy Taylor make this a 'must buy' collection. Mastered from the original tapes, the selection is one of the best listens you are ever likely to encounter Northern Soul wise. Glorious full colour packaging with archive sleeve notes. You will also find exclusively Jackie Wilson's - The Who Who Song which is from the latest KFC TV AD.

1- HOPE WE HAVE - THE ARTISTICS / 2- OH LINDA - LEROY TAYLOR] / 3- THE WHO WHO SONG - JACKIE WILSON / 4- GIRL, I NEED YOU - THE ARTISTICS / 5- HAVE MORE TIME - MARVIN SMITH / 6- SHING A LING - THE COOPERETTES / 7- BET YOU NEVER THOUGHT - GENE CHANDLER / 8- SWEET DARLING - BILLY BUTLER / 9- KEEP YOUR CHIN UP - JACKIE ROSS / 10- THERE WAS A TIME - GENE CHANDLER / 11- DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON THIS WORLD - ADAMS APPLES / 12- MY HEART IS CALLING - JACKIE WILSON / 13- PURPLE HAZE - JOHNNY JONES / 14- CALIFORNIA MONTAGE - YOUNG HOLT LIMITED / 15- SWEETEST THING - CHANNEL 3 / 16- I'M IN DANGER - THE VISITORS / 17- THE CHASE IS ON - JOHNNY HOWARD / 18- FROM THE TEACHER TO THE PREACHER - GENE CHANDLER AND BARBARA ACKLIN / 19- I'M SO GLAD - HERB JOHNSON / 20- I'M A LOVER - CHUCK CARTER / 21- BABY BOY - FRED HUGHES / 22- BECAUSE OF YOU - JACKIE WILSON / 23- WRONG NUMBER - LEE CHARLES / 24- RAINING TEARDROPS - THE DEMURES / 25- THIS LOVE IS REAL - THE PROMISES / 26- YOU GOT ME WALKING - JACKIE WILSON

10.99 from here

link

Thanks Pete, ive got a copy coming now.

Social source share