Lonely For You Baby

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is it acceptable to play tracks which have been pokled about on a computer so it sunds like the singer's had a sex change, if you get them cut onto an acetate?

Err, I'll get me coat...  whistling.gif

link

Firstly, there is no such word as 'pokled' :thumbsup:

secondly, please refer to my previous postings where I said all these were done for a laugh and not to be taken seriously.

Thirdly, yes.

Social source share

Tim Brown plays it out

link

He's cut it off a Japanese LP "from Birmingham to Atlanta" with added girl vocals. Makes a nice change IMO.

Hey, if something is available on LP, is it acceptable to play it off an acetate and not spin the original vinyl format -LP?. whistling.gif

I'll get me coat LOL

Social source share

He's cut it off a Japanese LP "from Birmingham to Atlanta" with added girl vocals. Makes a nice change IMO.

I'll get me coat LOL

link

Andy Dyson did the cut for Tim when he got one for himself. The LP Dave mentions is on P-Vine. Apparently there is a modern version too on one of the Pen Pad Lp's although not sure if I've heard it or got a soundfile somewhere, will have to have a look when I get chance.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

It's interesting to bear in mind that the artists aren't necessarily the best guardians of their old material. Remember reading an interview in Voices with Sam Dees where he became aware for the first time of the release of the SSS Int. single. When he was played it, he hated it and stated that he wished to re-record it when the opportunity arose. The result is the catastrophe I mentioned above. By god, it sucks!

Social source share

biggrin.gif

Andy Dyson did the cut for Tim when he got one for himself.  The LP Dave mentions is on P-Vine.  Apparently there is a modern version too on one of the Pen Pad Lp's although not sure if I've heard it or got a soundfile somewhere, will have to have a look when I get chance.

link

just a quick one that might interest someone? i mentioned the sam track to tim at prestatyn about 2 years ago,he didn't know it so i sent him a tape of it, which he then said to me he thought it had be made up by those clever japs? and didn't think it was real, anyway so he is now playing it of a acetate from the same album,

I did play it a couple of times off the lp and got a mixed reaction,once at a do in london someone said what was i doing playing a comp lp at a soulnight ( how sad i suppose if i had booted it onto a acetate that would have been fine ? ) anyway the lp is deep soul classics vol 12 from atlanta to birmingham and has some nice deep bits on it to.

Anyway check out sam dees its so wonderful my personal favorite sam track

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!