LITTLE ROBBIE, IVE GOT TROUBLES OF MY OWN, RSVP, MINT, £75

FOUR BELOW ZERO, MY BABYS GOT ESP, ROULETTE, MINT, £80

SHOW STOPPERS WHAT CAN A MAN DO, SHOWTIME, £20

THE SERENADERS, TWO LOVERS MAKE ONE FOOL, RIVERSIDE, VG++ £20

LUV CO, THINGS ARE NOT THE SAME, SPRING, MINT, £30

THE EXCEPTIONALS, UNLUCKY GIRL , GRT, MINT, £30

CREATIONS, A DREAM , ZODIAC, MINT-, £40 :thumbsup:

link

Derek, is that the same copy of Midnight that my mate bought off your Ebay auctions for about £50 last week????????

The one that when you returned his cheque, you told him it jumped twice ?

Rob Grant.

Social source share

I also brought from Keo,

Issue of INVITATIONS M-

Turned out to be a WDJ

Told me labels were clean twice, they were not

I paid for recorded sent normal post in crappy cardboard.

Will not answer e-mails.             

John.

link

This is just a general reply and no comment on any of the above postings.

If this happened in any other walk of life, people would demand their money back in no uncertain terms. If Sainsbury's sold you a joint of beef and you got home and found it had gone rotten, you'd be back up there demanding compensation. It only seeems to happen with record dealers, and I should know!

If I sell you a record and it's not as described, you are 100% within your rights to return it.

If the goods do not match the description and are unacceptable, you should return the item and demand a refund. If you get no joy, do not hesitate to contact your local trading standards.

Last year I paid £80 to someone who never sent the record I paid for - after 2 weeks I reported him to: barclaycard, paypal, ebay, trading standards. Trading Standards will act on your behalf and at least make a phone call. I got my money back.

Social source share

If this happened in any other walk of life, people would demand their money back in no uncertain terms.  If Sainsbury's sold you a joint of beef and you got home and found it had gone rotten, you'd be back up there demanding compensation.  It only seeems to happen with record dealers, and I should know!

If I sell you a record and it's not as described, you are 100% within your rights to return it.

If the goods do not match the description and are unacceptable, you should return the item and demand a refund.  If you get no joy, do not hesitate to contact your local trading standards.

Last year I paid £80 to someone who never sent the record I paid for - after 2 weeks  I reported him to: barclaycard, paypal, ebay, trading standards.  Trading Standards will act on your behalf and at least make a phone call.  I got my money back.

link

whistling.gif

Well if he send the record back i will send him back his money, and as for ebay its a *ucking con, still not got the money and ,exchange rate, $ to £, i am not a dealer, all i want is the right money for my records, and i have also been shafted in the past as for postage , £1 at the post office like to find that post office, AND LETS FACE IT , INVOTATIONS, IS CLEAN, AND HE GOT IT FOR £10 , BUT SEND IT BACK AND AL GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY, :thumbsup:

Social source share

whistling.gif

Well if he send the record back i will send him back his money, and as for ebay its a *ucking con, still not got the money and ,exchange rate, $ to £, i am not a dealer, all i want is the right money for my records, and i have also been shafted in the past as for postage , £1 at the post office like to find that post office, AND LETS FACE IT , INVOTATIONS, IS CLEAN, AND HE GOT IT FOR £10 , BUT SEND IT BACK AND AL GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY,  :thumbsup:

link

See this is what often happens, instead of people sorting things out it just kicks off.

I said in my post these were a few general observations.

But...

there's ways and means on ebay, you can make it so that people have to pay you instantly via paypal, and if they can't they won't be allowed to bid;

you can get all the exchange rates at xe.com but best to advertise in UK £ on the ebay.uk site to save f*cking about with dollars;

postage for one 45 in a mailer with 2 bits of cardboard via recorded delivery costs £1.25, charge £1.50 and you've got the money for your mailer and they've got their recorded delivery...£1.50 is a fair price.

Social source share

See this is what often happens, instead of people sorting things out it just kicks off.

I said in my post these were a few general observations.

But...

there's ways and means on ebay, you can make it so that people have to pay you instantly via paypal, and if they can't they won't be allowed to bid;

you can get all the exchange rates at xe.com but best to advertise in UK £ on the ebay.uk site to save f*cking about with dollars;

postage for one 45 in a mailer with 2 bits of cardboard via recorded delivery costs £1.25, charge £1.50 and you've got the money for your mailer and they've got their recorded delivery...£1.50 is a fair price.

link

I know that now but,it was a desperate sell, and as for the mailers in didnt know where to look for them in quick time, and so posted out in hard carboard with 4 layers, *uck this selling records lark am sticking to fighting fires, whistling.gif , i just need to sell the records, i didnt even know about the reserve thing cos my wife put them on but not selling a £100+ record for £45 , sorry but i aint giving them away as for the guy about the invitation, seen it for £25 , and hes winjing about £10,

Edited by keo
Social source share

not selling a £100+ record for £45 , sorry but i aint giving them away as for the guy about the invitation, seen it for £25 , and hes winjing about £10,

link

Thing is mate it's a hard life and sometimes that's what we have to do - I'm always having to reduce records simply because there aren't enough people buying at the top level nowadays - so I'll start it at £200, next week if not sold it will be £175 and this goes on until it's a case of lose money but at least get some money in! I've got 4 records on Ebay as we speak, three are really good northern (Ben Atkins, Sandy Wynns on Doc, Willie & Handjives) I paid about £280 for those and I originally listed them to net me £400, it hasn't happened, I've taken the reserves off and I'll just have to face the consequences if someone picks up a £200 record for £20. Six months ago I would have sold all those easily. The rule I have to remember is: the fourth record I have on ebay cost me 50 pence and it's likely to net me £50, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

If you arent prepared to accept less than a certain amout, you either go down the set price route, or do what seems to be very popular on the bay (he he he) at the minute, and take the 'guide' price for a track and knock $3 off the minimum bid.

If you stick a low start price on and it goes thats the sellers lookout. After all, isnt the minimum auction 1 week? You have time to assess your price if you neeed to, and take whatever action suits you best.

Social source share

Thing is mate it's a hard life and sometimes that's what we have to do - I'm always having to reduce records simply because there aren't enough people buying at the top level nowadays - so I'll start it at £200, next week if not sold it will be £175 and this goes on until it's a case of lose money but at least get some money in!  I've got 4 records on Ebay as we speak, three are really good northern (Ben Atkins, Sandy Wynns on Doc, Willie & Handjives) I paid about £280 for those and I originally listed them to net me £400, it hasn't happened, I've taken the reserves off and I'll just have to face the consequences if someone picks up a £200 record for £20.  Six months ago I would have sold all those easily.  The rule I have to remember is: the fourth record I have on ebay cost me 50 pence and it's likely to net me £50, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

link

THANKS NOT GOT MUCH TO SELL NOW ANYWAY, OH AND FOR EVERY ONE ELSE I HAVE ASKED JOHN TO SEND HIS RECORD BACK COS IT WAS A DEMO NOT AN ISSUE SO AL GIVE HIM BACK HIS MONEY THE WHOLE £20 OF IT,

Social source share

Mr Keo - are you the same guy who promotes soul nights in Edinburgh?

I think you are- If not then tell me your name and as for blaming your wife for your own mistakes just about sums you up- You put Midnight on ebay and it sold for about #55pound- You could have had the decency to say to the person I made a mistake but will cut you a deal and meet you halfway. No you are a greedy person and I will echo Petes Smiths comments about you have to drop prices especially if you need the money quick.

I bet you didnt pay the same amount for the records that you are selling!

Smells of Oportunism! and boo to you!

Social source share

if your selling stuff on ebay and you forget to put a reserve on them

you just have to bite the bullet'

ask pete he got a couple of me for bargain prices and he to has had the same happen.

you take your chances if he had bid 150 for midnight i bet it would have been in the post straight away.

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Yes its Mr Robertson Isnt it- The promoter who dissapears at 4am and does not pay djs when  he gets a couple of hundred through the door at a tenner a shot.

Am I wrong- Please put me right! whistling.gif

link

A very good friend of mine was booked by this man to dj when my mate went to get paid he was told by "keo" that (get this!) " he hadn't MADE as much money as he thought he would on the night" he then proceeded to pay my mate less than the agreed fee.

thmbdn.gif

Derek

Social source share

If this happened in any other walk of life, people would demand their money back in no uncertain terms.  If Sainsbury's sold you a joint of beef and you got home and found it had gone rotten, you'd be back up there demanding compensation.  It only seeems to happen with record dealers, and I should know!

If the goods do not match the description and are unacceptable, you should return the item and demand a refund.  If you get no joy, do not hesitate to contact your local trading standards.

Last year I paid £80 to someone who never sent the record I paid for - after 2 weeks  I reported him to: barclaycard, paypal, ebay, trading standards.  Trading Standards will act on your behalf and at least make a phone call.  I got my money back.

link

I've had acouple of instances in the last couple of months with records not turning up,my emails were'nt returned.On both occassions I sent them emails telling them I would be naming and shaming them,reporting them to ebay,paypal,trading standards and the Internet Fraud Dept (made that one up :-) )

This resulted in refunds.

If they had mailed me back initially.saying they had posted the items,must have got lost in the post.I would probably have have said that's life,and taken the hit.But it's when they don't return your mails that really gets me going.

I must stress that neither of these transactions were with anyone on this site.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Whats your view on this Pete

P.S. Have you sent that record Yet

Cheers

link

I

RIGHT FUCKING ERNIE, f you have something to say to me then say it to my face , and yes so who are you, then, and as for the january gig i lost money yet again, and had to go through ill ness hence the reason am selling my records but if you want to take this further i could meet in edinburgh and we could sort this out,

Social source share

Mr Keo - are you the same guy who promotes soul nights in Edinburgh?

I think you are- If not then tell me your name and as for blaming your wife for your own mistakes just about sums you up- You put Midnight on  ebay and it sold for about #55pound- You could have had the decency to say to the person I made a mistake but will cut you a deal and meet you halfway. No you are a greedy person and I will echo Petes Smiths comments about you have to drop prices especially if you need the money quick.

I bet you didnt pay the same amount for the records that you are selling!

Smells of Oportunism! and boo to you!

link

ALSO YOU ARE MOST LIKELY ONE OF THESE NEW SOULIES, WHO IF IT WASNT FOR SOMEOINE KLIKE ME SOUL MUSIC WOULD HAVE DIED IN EDINBURGH A LONG TIME AGO, WHAT THE f*** HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR THE SPOUL SCENE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, , WELL I RAN MUSSELBURGH ALLNIGHTERS, LEITH TOWN HALL, LEITH ASSEMBLY ROOMS, BATHGATE GOLDEN CIRCLE, AND ALSO BACK IN 82 4 OF THE BIGGEST ALLNIGHTERS SCOTLAND HAS SEEN, AT INGILSTON , ALSO MANY SOUL NIGHT PLAYHOUSE LIEHT WALK, SPIDERS WEB , STARTED IT WITH KENNY, PARK VIEW HOTEL, SO WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE OH NOTHING I GUESS, AND IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD KNOW I HAVE LOST MORE THAN I EVER MADE, BUT HEY YOU ARE ONE OF THE SHEEP I GUESS, I AHVE ALWAYS BROUGHT UP THE BEST DJS AND KEPT THE PRICES AS LOW AS I COULD, BUT NOW THERE IS OTHERS OUT THERE CHARGE TOP WACK AND WELL WHEN WAS TRHE LAST TIME YOU SAY A TOP DJ , ?????f*** WIT,

Social source share

A very good friend of mine was booked by this man to dj  when my mate went to get paid he was told by "keo" that  (get this!) " he hadn't MADE as much money as he thought he would on the night" he then proceeded to pay my mate less than the agreed fee. 

thmbdn.gif  

Derek

link

OH AND YOU ASK ANYONE WHEN I EVER TOOK ANY MONEY FOR DJing , COSI DO IT FOR THE MONEY, JUST LIKE THE SOUL NIGHTS BUT HEY YOUR MOST LIKELY LIKE ERNIE/OR FUCKING EDDIE, NEVER RUN ANYTHING EITHER, I GUESS THAT THE GOOD THING ON HERE CANT SEE WHO YOU ARE, CAN I , biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

I find it really amazing that the Northern Soul scene is so peaceful; you NEVER see any trouble at any soul nite anywhere across the country. In fact we pride ourselves on it.

And yet when it comes to the forum people are kicking the sh!t out of each other? ph34r.gif:huh:

The Strange World of Northern Soul!

Brian

Social source share

net yet, but thats whats wrong up here to many people who open there mouths without thinking, and if they sat back and thought before they opened there mouth, but instead talk total shite, eh ERNIE,

Social source share

Ok and as for, couple of hundred , try 150 , then £1000 for venue, flyers and then , girl at the door,then there is the adds, which all leeds to a loss,

Out of interest what has been your contribution, to the soul scene over the 20 years eddie and blackwhite, and well if you are bitching av lost over 3000, over the last 3 nights av run so tell me what you both have done, thats what makes me want to stop runnung things is wee girls like you both who bitch bitch bitch, but have done nothing your selfs, or have you????

Social source share

from guidelines

offensive language/images

One major difference between this site and other soul related sites is that this site is public This forum is public ie it is open for all to read and all are welcome

To keep it this way offensive language/images are discouraged

Mainly for the two reasons below

1. The use of offensive language/images is not always welcome by all members

2. The use of offensive language/images can result in the site getting banned by workplace filters, the site being classified as "adult" along with other negative effects. If this happens it does means that some members will not be able to access site to read forum posts and other site content

As said the site is public, to keep it that way and out of respect for other members who may prefer not to view/read such .....

we ask all members not to post offensive language/images.

Most users do appear to understand this, and so it should cause no major problems or changes to the way members use site

Social source share