Another Want

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

The Enchantments - Im in love with your daughter - Faro

many thanks and as cheap as you could possibly be and no chancers looking to make a killing i know what i want to pay :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

Probably set you back more than that Silky Hargraves you bought last week.

Rob a bank mate? :thumbsup:

no, its part of my divorce settlement,

well it will be when she finds out :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Another Dave Rimmer spin :thumbup:

why edit your post Simon :thumbup: say what you really mean but in the meantime fook off back to disco land and be your own man for once in your life :D

Social source share

Guest Simon

Another Dave Rimmer spin :thumbup:

It's been a lot of people's spins over the years Simon, not sure who spun it first but it's a tune i always enjoy hearing & dancing to.

Not sure what the price is nowadays but £70 rings a bell for some reason, i'm sure someone will tell me it's now up to £300 or sommat!

Simon :thumbup:

Social source share

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO - DEMO !!! 2007-02-06

387 GBP

The Enchantments - "Im in love with your Daughter" Demo 2007-09-09

294 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO - DEMO !!! 2007-03-07

266 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO !!!!!!!!!! 2005-04-20

426 USD

Northern Soul -The Enchantments on FARO Original Demo 2007-09-23

225 GBP

NORTHERN SOUL the enchantments 2004-09-07

160 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45/ THE ENCHANTMENTS ON FARO 2005-12-05

265 USD

Northern Soul / The ENCHANTMENTS on FARO promo. 2004-12-30

129 GBP

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO - DEMO !!! 2007-02-06

387 GBP

The Enchantments - "Im in love with your Daughter" Demo 2007-09-09

294 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO - DEMO !!! 2007-03-07

266 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL - THE ENCHANTMENTS - FARO !!!!!!!!!! 2005-04-20

426 USD

Northern Soul -The Enchantments on FARO Original Demo 2007-09-23

225 GBP

NORTHERN SOUL the enchantments 2004-09-07

160 GBP

RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45/ THE ENCHANTMENTS ON FARO 2005-12-05

265 USD

Northern Soul / The ENCHANTMENTS on FARO promo. 2004-12-30

129 GBP

Cheers Ian, i take it they are from popsike :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

It's been a lot of people's spins over the years Simon, not sure who spun it first but it's a tune i always enjoy hearing & dancing to.

Not sure what the price is nowadays but £70 rings a bell for some reason, i'm sure someone will tell me it's now up to £300 or sommat!

Simon :D

ignore him Simon he is jealous of anyone that djs on a regular basis cos he thinks he is the best about but never seems to be behind the decks and thats also why he is hiding himself on here so no one can see who he is stalking :thumbup:

it is a great tune Simon and one i want in me collection and giving a spin out hear and there :thumbup: even i dj more than the disco bunny :D

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

superb tune, i remember it being huge at stafford, was it played out before that ? just wonderin, great label too, think there was only one black guy in the group but am prob wrong ! the group members faces were on the label ?

yep their faces was on the label, demo and issue and there was 10 of them and only one looks black, Stafford is the only place i know it was played at but like you say maybe somewhere else but it was Stafford that its known for, i think :thumbup:

post-4635-1204760326_thumb.jpg

post-4635-1204760342_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Seen a blue and orange copy not seen a demo yet.

Holy cow, that was not there 2 mins ago.

Oh so the blue is the demo.

:thumbup: nice edit :thumbup:

Social source share

superb tune, i remember it being huge at stafford, was it played out before that ? just wonderin,

I remember it being played at Stafford, by the 60's Mafia (Guy, Keb etc); it was booted along with H.B Barnum - It Hurts Too Much,  on the other side of the Peanut Duck, on the Joker label. Peanut Duck was 'written' by Gilly, Jilly and the the publisher was 'Butch Music' :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

yep their faces was on the label, demo and issue and there was 10 of them and only one looks black,

Except for the 2 black guys at the bottomhuh.gif.

i wasnt to sure about the fella right at the bottom :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Suppose it depends on what copy you check, the blue looks funny and only 2 guys are white the rest Hispanic.

you got me having another look now :thumbup:

the one at the top looks like Sean Penn :thumbup:

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

many thanks and as cheap as you could possibly be and no chancers looking to make a killing i know what i want to pay :thumbup:

Bearsy

Pat Brady has a copy up for auction.

https://www..co.uk/auctions_detail.asp?id=815

The group were all LA Mex!

Sean

Social source share

you got me having another look now :thumbup:

the one at the top looks like Sean Penn :D

They all look Mexican/ispanic to me...............not that it matters. :thumbup:

Social source share

I remember it being played at Stafford, by the 60's Mafia (Guy, Keb etc); it was booted along with H.B Barnum - It Hurts Too Much, on the other side of the Peanut Duck, on the Joker label. Peanut Duck was 'written' by Gilly, Jilly and the the publisher was 'Butch Music' :thumbup:

pretty sure I've got a Stardust copy somewhere too - not for long though cos a mate wants it

Wulfie

Social source share

Guest Simon

=====

marty thompson on Sir Ben!

Great tune, another one that i sold on unfortunately, gave it a few spins a few years back to blank expressions.

I don't think we're as adventurous as we used to be on the NS scene, i'm sure when this was played at Stafford etc. it would have gone down well, can't imagine this having too much impact with many nowadays.

Simon

Social source share

Great tune, another one that i sold on unfortunately, gave it a few spins a few years back to blank expressions.

I don't think we're as adventurous as we used to be on the NS scene, i'm sure when this was played at Stafford etc. it would have gone down well, can't imagine this having too much impact with many nowadays.

Simon

I think you will find it had mixed response actually Simon, pretty sure it was the normally faultless Ion that was best known for playing this so not sure how many spins at Stafford it actually had, it was definitely played there though. Some, including myself, thought it was a truly awful record with some of the worst vocals ever, not everyone agreed however, as always in those days, so in some ways the times were similar. :thumbup:

I agree however at that time people were more likely to try something off the wall, which this most definitely was! :thumbup:

Anyone got a soundclip to see if my view has changed?

Social source share

Guest the dukester

many thanks and as cheap as you could possibly be and no chancers looking to make a killing i know what i want to pay :D

Bearsy

Sold my copy to Ian Gee ay Whitby Weekender 3 year ago.......£60

Social source share

Last played clip mate.

not_i.gif

Was responding to the Marty Thompson part of the thread and asking for soundclip of that.

To clear up my comments re Ion playing and Stafford etc was about Marty Thompson Whirlpool.

I have a strange affection for the Enchantments, one of the biggest records for a period of the 80's in Scotland, had them dancing on the tables and sweat dripping from the walls, I jest not!

Social source share

Was responding to the Marty Thompson part of the thread and asking for soundclip of that.

To clear up my comments re Ion playing and Stafford etc was about Marty Thompson Whirlpool.

I have a strange affection for the Enchantments, one of the biggest records for a period of the 80's in Scotland, had them dancing on the tables and sweat dripping from the walls, I jest not!

Jocko Marty Thompson , Natural Facts etc etc you were right the first time :D

Social source share

I think you will find it had mixed response actually Simon, pretty sure it was the normally faultless Ion that was best known for playing this so not sure how many spins at Stafford it actually had, it was definitely played there though. Some, including myself, thought it was a truly awful record with some of the worst vocals ever, not everyone agreed however, as always in those days, so in some ways the times were similar. :D

I agree however at that time people were more likely to try something off the wall, which this most definitely was! :lol:

Anyone got a soundclip to see if my view has changed?

I'm with you Jock, remember it well at Stafford, not my cup of tea but fair play to Keb & Guy for trying different stuff. Tempests,Bobby Hutton, Sam Dees etc.

As for Crown hotel in Fife, unforgettable, passionate crowd :D

Social source share