Shrine 45 Wants (( I Know )) Tough

Guest djgilly

Guest djgilly

Hi,

I am after he following SHRINE 45'S Originals ** I know its PRETTY TOUGH on the latter Cat No's,( Boy thats a understatement LOL!! ) but can anyone help on any ?? & maybe discuss prices, this is to complete my Shrine 45 Catologue of Originals..... tongue.gif i have my collection with photo's listed on MYSPACE -: https://www.myspace.com/soulauctions

** Appreciate any help ect or discussion about the matter **

THE CAUTIONS - SR104

DC BLOSSOMS - SR 107

JD BRYANT - SR108

THE CAIROS - SR111

BILL DENNIS - SR113

THE PROPHETS - SR116

THE COUNTS - SR117

THE CAVALIERS - SR119

Cheers

Dave G :lol:

post-12065-1213229250_thumb.jpg

post-12065-1213229499_thumb.jpg

Edited by djgilly
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am after he following SHRINE 45'S Originals ** I know its TOUGH on the latter Cat No's, but can anyone help on any ?? this is to complete my Shrine 45 Catologue of Originals..... tongue.gif

THE CAUTIONS - SR104

DC BLOSSOMS - SR 107

JD BRYANT - SR108

THE CAIROS - SR111

BILL DENNIS - SR113

THE PROPHETS - SR116

THE COUNTS - SR117

THE CAVALIERS - SR119

Cheers

Sorry, but i've just had to check it's not April 1st :lol:

Social source share

Guest djgilly
Sorry, but i've just had to check it's not April 1st :yes:
LOL!!! i was waiting for the first Funny , but near True i guess on some of them, but Hell don't ask u don't get !!!!!!!! onwards we go, dj :wave:tongue.gif
Social source share

Guest djgilly
did you see that pig fly past my window there :wave:
hA!!! Ha!!! GASHER, Pig wasn't carrying anthing was it ????????? LOL!!!! Bring the Bacon home i say - dj smile.gif:yes::no:
Social source share

Hi,

I am after he following SHRINE 45'S Originals ** I know its PRETTY TOUGH on the latter Cat No's,( Boy thats a understatement LOL!! ) but can anyone help on any ?? & maybe discuss prices, this is to complete my Shrine 45 Catologue of Originals..... :wave: i have my collection with photo's listed on MYSPACE -: https://www.myspace.com/soulauctions

** Appreciate any help ect or discussion about the matter **

THE CAUTIONS - SR104

DC BLOSSOMS - SR 107

JD BRYANT - SR108

THE CAIROS - SR111

BILL DENNIS - SR113

THE PROPHETS - SR116

THE COUNTS - SR117

THE CAVALIERS - SR119

Cheers

Dave G biggrin.gif

Did you hear the one about Gordon Brown becoming a stand up comedian after the next election?

More chance of this than finding those Shrines

Social source share

Guest djgilly

Did you hear the one about Gordon Brown becoming a stand up comedian after the next election?

More chance of this than finding those Shrines

John -: Somehow i think this could be the Start of a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG List of Funnies LOL!!!!! but hey !!! people said that trying to track Sidney Hall & Eddie Daye 45's ect, not too many about, i admit althou Counts, Cavaliers ummmm !!! :wave:tongue.gif but i had the chance years ago and i missed them, but i know they are out there just gotta get em !! (( Unleash HELL )) Could be a Bloody fight Ha!!!!! - dj Edited by djgilly
Social source share

John -: Somehow i think this could be the Start of a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG List of Funnies LOL!!!!! but hey !!! people said that trying to track Sidney Hall & Eddie Daye 45's ect, not too many about, i admit althou Counts, Cavaliers ummmm !!! tongue.gif:yes: but i had the chance years ago and i missed them, but i know they are out there just gotta get em !! (( Unleash HELL )) Could be a Bloody fight Ha!!!!! - dj

Mick .h has the prophets , cairos , bill dennis , and a few others but i doubt if he would part with them , there was a cairos on ebay last week but the guy wanted stupid money for it. as for the counts, & cavaliers , good luck manship had cavaliers on his list earlier this year not sure if it sold :wave:

Social source share

Guest djgilly
didn't some one post on here the other day about, a dealer maybe selling 16 of his Shrine records off as he couldn't get the full set.. may have been in look in your box.. can't remeber where but I can remember the post. it wasn't about shrine that just came up in it.
Hi, yes i did toy about selling my Shrine collection as it was becoming increasing difficult to complete, but i am gonna soldier on for the moment to see if i can pick any up !!!, ref Dealer i do collect & sell yes. thanx - dj
Social source share

Hi, yes i did toy about selling my Shrine collection as it was becoming increasing difficult to complete, but i am gonna soldier on for the moment to see if i can pick any up !!!, ref Dealer i do collect & sell yes. thanx - dj

Oh sorry never knew they was talking about you, as there was no names given.. :wave:

Good luck..

Social source share

Guest djgilly
Mick .h has the prophets , cairos , bill dennis , and a few others but i doubt if he would part with them , there was a cairos on ebay last week but the guy wanted stupid money for it. as for the counts, & cavaliers , good luck manship had cavaliers on his list earlier this year not sure if it sold :wave:
Cheers!!! Yes saw the Cairos and contacted the guy !! but seemed all not right somehow with the way the Auction was with price messing about ect, will endeavor anyhows!! - dj
Social source share

Guest djgilly

Oh sorry never knew they was talking about you, as there was no names given.. :wave:

Good luck..

thats Okeh!! i hold 19 Shrine 45's at moment , so not soo much a Novice i guess, thanx anyhows -dj
Social source share

Guest djgilly
Welcome to Soul Source by the way :wave:
Thanx, it was something i meant to do along time ago, as iv'e been around a long time and as many of us dealt with lots people over the years, and will continue to do so hopefully, -dj
Social source share

thats Okeh!! i hold 19 Shrine 45's at moment , so not soo much a Novice i guess, thanx anyhows -dj

Just for clarification: there are only 19 different releases on the Shrine label itself.

That's assuming we don't count demos and issues of the first couple, or the different take of Les Chansonettes (if it exists on vinyl?), and unless someone has recently found a copy of Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' which is generally believed not to have been pressed.

So, if you have a total of 19 Shrines, do you have any duplicates you are looking to trade? If you need 8 different ones to complete the set then I guess you must also have 8 spares?

Peter

Edited by Peter Richer
Social source share

Just for clarification: there are only 19 different releases on the Shrine label itself.

That's assuming we don't count demos and issues of the first couple, or the different take of Les Chansonettes (if it actually exists on vinyl?), and unless someone has actually found a copy of Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' which is generally believed not to have been pressed.

If you actually have 19 Shrines, do you have any duplicates you are looking to trade? If you need 8 different ones to complete the set then I guess you must also have 8 spares?

Peter

i was trying to work out how many there were i got to 13 and then give up, some of the others wernt even known then, i still have 6

Social source share

0100 - Linda & Vistas - Bad Apple / She Went Away

0101 - Leroy Taylor & The Four Kays - Taking My Time / I'll Understand

0102 - Jimmy Armstrong - I'm About To Say Goodbye / Mystery

0103 - Ray Pollard - No More Like Me / This Time

104 - Cautions - Watch Your Step / Isn't It Right

105 - Jimmy Armstrong - I Believe I'll Love On / It's Gonna Take Love (Unreleased)

106 - Epsilons - Mad At The World / I'm So Devoted

107 - D.C. Blossoms - I Know About Her / Hey Boy

108 - J.D. Bryant - Walk On / I Won't Be Coming Back

109 - Sidney Hall - The Weekend / I'm A Lover

110 - Shirley Edwards - It's Your Love / Dream

111 - The Cairo's - Stop Overlooking Me / Don't Fight It

112 - Eddie Daye & The Four Bars - Guess Who Loves You / What Am I Gonna Do

113 - Bill Dennis - I'll Never Let You Get Away / Poor Little Fool

114 - Les Chansonettes - Don't Let Him Hurt You / Deeper

115 - Cautions - No Other Way / Poor Loser

116 - Prophets - If I Had (One Gold Piece) / Huh Baby

117 - The Counts - Peaches Baby / My Only Love

118 - Enjoyables - Shame / I'll Take You Back

119 - The Cavaliers - Do What I Want / Tighten Up

chris :lol:

Social source share

Guest djgilly

That's assuming we don't count demos and issues of the first couple, or the different take of Les Chansonettes (if it exists on vinyl?), and unless someone has recently found a copy of Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' which is generally believed not to have been pressed.

So, if you have a total of 19 Shrines, do you have any duplicates you are looking to trade? If you need 8 different ones to complete the set then I guess you must also have 8 spares?

Peter

Peter thats correct, i hold all the issues of the ones NOT LISTED and of course the first 2 x Demos , and Yes i have doubles possibly to Trade, Do u hold any of the ones i want ?? Thanx - dj
Social source share

Guest djgilly

i was trying to work out how many there were i got to 13 and then give up, some of the others wernt even known then, i still have 6

Hi TedSoul, well like i said i was gonna give up maybe searching, but thought i would plow on for the time being , which ones u got m8 ?? i have some doubles trades-: dj

Social source share

Peter thats correct, i hold all the issues of the ones NOT LISTED and of course the first 2 x Demos , and Yes i have doubles possibly to Trade, Do u hold any of the ones i want ?? Thanx - dj

Hi DJ. Unfortunately I don't have spares of any of the ones you are looking for, and I am still trying to complete the set myself.

I will PM you with a couple of my wants though, in case you have those as duplicates. Perhaps the cash and/or trades would help you with your quest for the others.

Peter

Social source share

Guest djgilly

0100 - Linda & Vistas - Bad Apple / She Went Away

0101 - Leroy Taylor & The Four Kays - Taking My Time / I'll Understand

0102 - Jimmy Armstrong - I'm About To Say Goodbye / Mystery

0103 - Ray Pollard - No More Like Me / This Time

104 - Cautions - Watch Your Step / Isn't It Right

105 - Jimmy Armstrong - I Believe I'll Love On / It's Gonna Take Love (Unreleased)

106 - Epsilons - Mad At The World / I'm So Devoted

107 - D.C. Blossoms - I Know About Her / Hey Boy

108 - J.D. Bryant - Walk On / I Won't Be Coming Back

109 - Sidney Hall - The Weekend / I'm A Lover

110 - Shirley Edwards - It's Your Love / Dream

111 - The Cairo's - Stop Overlooking Me / Don't Fight It

112 - Eddie Daye & The Four Bars - Guess Who Loves You / What Am I Gonna Do

113 - Bill Dennis - I'll Never Let You Get Away / Poor Little Fool

114 - Les Chansonettes - Don't Let Him Hurt You / Deeper

115 - Cautions - No Other Way / Poor Loser

116 - Prophets - If I Had (One Gold Piece) / Huh Baby

117 - The Counts - Peaches Baby / My Only Love

118 - Enjoyables - Shame / I'll Take You Back

119 - The Cavaliers - Do What I Want / Tighten Up

chris :lol:

Cheers!! Chris , *** Just confirms what i ain't got *** LOL!!!! Thanx - dj
Social source share

Guest djgilly

have 108 and 111 of your list is that you Greety

TedSoul - Greety ?? , but the 2 x 108 & 111 r u selling ? ? private email SOUL@SWHOSTING.CO.UK - dj

Edited by djgilly
Social source share

Peter

18 Releases

First two had demos (20 to collect)

the jimmy armstrong was not released but was sold on acetate on ebay last year

have pmed you with my spares

Hope this helps

Pete french

Social source share

18 Releases

First two had demos (20 to collect)

the jimmy armstrong was not released but was sold on acetate on ebay last year

have pmed you with my spares

Hope this helps

Pete french

Sorry Pete, but it's definitely 19 releases.

The full list of the songs was posted up earlier: numbers 0 to 19 (inclusive) minus the Jimmy Armstrong (unissued) equals 19 released records with proper Shrine labels.

This of course still excludes the 'doubled up' records of DJ/issue and alternate take variants.

Would still like to know if anyone has a copy of the Les Chansonettes with prominent sax. When I spoke to Lew Stanley about it a couple of weeks ago he said he had never had one. Flynny, do you actually have it? Andy Rix??

Peter

Social source share

Sorry Pete, but it's definitely 19 releases.

The full list of the songs was posted up earlier: numbers 0 to 19 (inclusive) minus the Jimmy Armstrong (unissued) equals 19 released records with proper Shrine labels.

This of course still excludes the 'doubled up' records of DJ/issue and alternate take variants.

Would still like to know if anyone has a copy of the Les Chansonettes with prominent sax. When I spoke to Lew Stanley about it a couple of weeks ago he said he had never had one. Flynny, do you actually have it? Andy Rix??

Peter

oops forgot it started at 100 not 101

thats 19 + 2 demos

I have the cautions watch your step original acetate

it a superior preproduction cut

no backing or strings and can be speeded up without the mickey mouse scenario

I believe a one off

Social source share

I know there were not scheduled for release but there were those demos/acetates that Richard Domar had many moons ago - Did they actually get issued at all? From memory I dont think they made any of the KENT/GOLDMINE CD's did they?

Rich

Addition: Sorry - Did these make the Shrine Vol. 2 Kent put out? Forgot about that one.

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

I know there were not scheduled for release but there were those demos/acetates that Richard Domar had many moons ago - Did they actually get issued at all? From memory I dont think they made any of the KENT/GOLDMINE CD's did they?

Rich

Addition: Sorry - Did these make the Shrine Vol. 2 Kent put out? Forgot about that one.

Hi Rich,

Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' is on one of the CDs, can't remember which volume, off the top of my head.

Another thing not too many people realize is that Jackie Wilson's released version on Brunswick is also brilliant. It was due to it being given to Jackie that Jimmy's Shrine cut was shelved.

Peter

PS - If anyone has a copy of Jackie Wilson's 'She's Alright' on Brunswick they would like to sell, please get in touch.

Social source share

Not sure Ted to be honest - Dont recall anything been spoke about them at the time after they were put up for sale so you could be right.

Rich

I think Richard Domar either got stung with these or he managed to get out of it hope Richard can confirm what happened Dragnet blues just dont ring true does it

Social source share

I think Richard Domar either got stung with these or he managed to get out of it hope Richard can confirm what happened Dragnet blues just dont ring true does it

a friend of mine bought one of these acetates from r. domar, i think he bought the cairos one. definitely no shrine material, the track sounds like a 50s doo wop track and would have been very very dated if it really had been a 1965/66 production.

if anyone's interested i can ask my friend if he still got it and put a scan up here...

Social source share

Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' is on one of the CDs

Another thing not too many people realize is that Jackie Wilson's released version on Brunswick is also brilliant. It was due to it being given to Jackie that Jimmy's Shrine cut was shelved.

Hi Peter, you are so absolutely right...a real great 45 by Jackie Wilson and not one of the easiest to get by him.

However, I have one for sale since months and months without anyone wanting it.

So dissappointing really, if it would be the next "big hyped thing" there would be a topic on here "does anyone have for sale..." and people would line up "yes, I need one to".... just so typical.

Social source share

Hi Rich,

Jimmy Armstrong's 'I Believe I'll Love On' is on one of the CDs, can't remember which volume, off the top of my head.

Would disagree with this being described as 'brilliant', it's a mess of a record. Used to have a blue UK Coral demo and this is the A side, not sure who they thought would buy it.

Social source share

Source Advert