This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

Well after a few weeks out of the saddle, I found myself flying solo for the Original Mastercuts show this week (Al has switched to the Saturday Football Show 3.00-6.00pm).

In a couple of weeks time we should have a new sponsor on board and possibly a new co-presenter so I can banter with someone again!

In the meantime here's this weeks show packed full of the usual Original Mastercuts brand of Soulful gems!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 14th September 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

Will Powers - Smile

Crown Heights Affair - Foxy Lady

Ray Munnings - Funky Nassau

Al Marshall - Let's Get Down

Jimmy & Vella Cameron - Be Fair To Me

Robin Thicke feat Mary J. Blige - Magic (NYC Remix)

Chew - I Like It

Mo Grazz - Some Things Never Change

Jeffrey Osbourne - I Really Don't Need No Light

Steve Arrington - She Just Don't Know

Johnny Hudson - Better Love

2nd Hour

Lee Andrews - I've Had It

Ila Vann - Can't Help Lovin' That Man

Bob Relf - Girl, You're My Kind Of Wonderful

Al Mason - Good Lovin'

Towanda Barnes - You Don't Mean It

James Perry - April Lady

Gary The Master Blaster - Caf Reggio's

Voices Of East Harlem - Wanted Dead Or Alive

Stevie Wonder - Knocks Me Off My Feet

Stevie Wonder - Superwoman

Jeannie Reynolds - The Fruit Song

Tommy McGhee - Now That I Have You

Clausell - Let Me Love You

Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-09-14-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 337
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes folks, I'm back on a regular rhythm now and just getting used to flying solo again. Actually, it's OK as I don't have Alan nattering in my ear about bloody Chelsea Football Club any more LOL....... :thumbsup:

Anyway, please feel free to join me LIVE at 2.00pm today for another 2 hours of the most superlative sounds you could wish to hear spanning the last 4 decades of Soul Music. The show is packed to the seams with wonderful music from:-

Five Special, Tongue In Cheek, La Trece, Guy Costley, The Partners, Sisters With Voices, James 'J.T.' Taylor, Henry Thomas, Gwendolyn Lassic, Larry Wu, Zingara, Gary The Master Blaster, Matta Baby, Buddy Miles, Dave Love, Melvin Moore, Little Johnny Blair, Nolan Porter, Sly & The Family Stone, Freda Payne, Bobby Caldwell, Mosely & Johnson, Matt Covington, Sergio Mendes, Chaka Khan, Carolyn Crawford & Dietrick Haddon

The names speak for themselves!

So 2.00-2.30 we have a bunch of Soulful uptempo gems from the 70's & 80's, between 2.30-3.00 some beautiful mid-tempo Soulful grooves from the 80's & 90's, between 3.00-3.30 a nice burst of Northern, Modern and just great uptempo tracks from the 60's, 70's and even 90's and then the final 30 minutes of killer slowies, sensual grooves and soulful anthems.

Try and join me if ya can! It's so much better to have an audience....... thumbup.gif

2.00pm today LIVE on www.starpointradio.com. You know it makes sense..........

Ian D :D

Social source share

This flying solo thing is OK apart from the fact that you have be ambidextrous hence the fact that I can't run any of the forum threads whilst I'm doing the show! Hopefully we'll have an assistant on in another couple of weeks so we should be back up and running on the forums shortly.

In the meantime, here's another 2 hours of Soul heaven as broadcasted LIVE every Sunday afternoon!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 21st September 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

Five Special - The More I Get To Know You Pts 1 & 2

Tongue 'N Cheek - Tomorrow

Satoshi Tomii feat Arnold Jarvis - And I Love You

La Trece - I Want To Thank You

Guy Costley - I Surrender

The Partners - Give It To Me All Night Long

SWV - Right Here

James 'J.T.' Taylor - Feel The Need

Henry Thomas - My Dreams Are Clouded

Gwendolyn Lassic -Never Gonna Give You Up

Larry Wu - Let Me Show You

Zingara - I Surrender

2nd Hour

Gary The Master Blaster - Caf Regios

Matta Baby - Do The Pearl Girl Pt 2

Buddy Miles - Just A Kiss Away

Dave Love - Colalined Baby

Melvin Moore - All Of A Sudden

Little Johnny Blair - Momma's Gone

Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure

Sly & The Family Stone - Everyday People

Freda Payne - Memories & Souvenirs

Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love

Moseley & Johnson - Baby Come Back

Matt Covington - We Got Love

Sergio Mendes - The Real Thing

Chaka Khan -Papillon (Hot Butterfly)

Carolyn Crawford - A Nice Feeling

Dietrick Haddon - Inspiration

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...1-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian :thumbup:

Social source share

Well, following a couple of weeks of flying solo in the studio, tomorrow will be different as I will be joined by my 14 year old daughter and her two friends.

So it'll be Ian D, Savannah D, Sophie & Nicole in the studio for tomorrow's Original Mastercuts show LIVE at 2.00-4.00pm on www.starpointradio.com.

Plus I've actually let 'em choose a couple too, so join in with the fun tomorrow.

Packed to the brim with Soulful Gems as per usual including Dreamtime, Truce, Was A Bee, Prince Charles & The City Beat Band, Val Young, American Gypsy, Bobby Lovett, John White, Cheryl Hunter, The Stylistics, Splendour, Barbara Acklin, Otis Smith, Linda Jones, Brenton Wood, Tolbert, Madcon, Grady Harrell, David Ruffin, Stanley Williams, Anita Baker, The Black Style Mood, Rufus, Peace Of Mind, Jennifer Hudson, Jay Sean & Robin Thicke feat Mary J. Blige

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Bump!

Special show today. Dewhirst and 14 year old daughter, Savannah behind the decks!

Soulful gems from all eras as per usual. Tune in. You may be surprised. www.starpointradio.com.

Tracks from Dreamtime, Truce, Was A Bee, Prince Charles & The City Beat Band, Val Young, American Gypsy, Bobby Lovett, John White, Cheryl Hunter, The Stylistics, Splendour, Barbara Acklin, Otis Smith, Linda Jones, Brenton Wood, Tolbert, Madcon, Grady Harrell, David Ruffin, Stanley Williams, Anita Baker, The Black Style Mood, Rufus, Peace Of Mind, Jennifer Hudson, Jay Sean & Robin Thicke feat Mary J. Blige

Social source share

This week I was in the unlikely position of trying to entertain three 14 year old girls throughout the show - my daughter Savannah and her friends, Sophie and Nicole.

If they'd have had their way the show would have been full of R'n'B and Rap though. So a certain degree of parental control was necessary in order to keep the show on track musically.

Besides, if they wanna hear R'n'B and Rap, the bitches can get their own show LOL!

Anyway, they were incredibly bright and bubbly and I felt I was at least trying to do the parental guidance thing in a fatherly way. So all the usual beer, cigarettes and hookers will just have to wait until next week..........

Anyway a good time was had by all and Robin Thicke's "Magic" is Savannah's fave record of the moment so all's well!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, Savannah Dewhirst, Sophie and Nicole on Sunday 28th September 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Dreamtime - Sisco (Gentlemen Players Remix)

Was A Bee - This Is What You Are

Truce - Let Me Take You There

Prince Charles & The City Beat Band - We Can Make It Happen

Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely

American Gypsy - You Are In My System

Bobby Lovett - All My Love

John White - Fooled Around And Fell In Love

Cheryl Hunter - It's Your Attitude

The Stylistics - One Night Affair

2nd Hour

Barbara Acklin - Love Makes A Woman

Otis Smith - Let Her Go

Linda Jones - I Just Can't Live My Life (Without You Babe)

Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign

Tolbert - I Got It

Madcon - Beggin'

Grady Harrell - Make It By Yourself

David Ruffin - Hurt The One You Love

Anita Baker - Sweet Love

The Black Style Mood - Closer

Rufus - Stop On By

Peace Of Mind - Heaven In Your Eyes

Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight

Jay Sean - Maybe

Robin Thicke feat Mary J. Blige - Magic (NYC Remix)

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-09-28-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK, I just listened to the show and the worse thing about it is ME LOL!

My microphone level was too high and I was 'over-moding' throughout the show.

However, my 14 year old daughter who has never been in a radio studio before or spoken on radio, sounded absolutely crystal clear and handled herself with aplomb, whereas her super-experienced father sounded like a congenital Northern f*%kwit!

She actually took over the hot seat whilst I went to the loo, used the controls herself and did some unscripted talking whilst I was out of the control room @ circa 2.57 in the middle of the Stylistics track.

She's now saying she wants her own show playing HER kind of music!

Hmmmmph..........

These bloody kids are getting WAAAAAY too precocious IMO!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

OK, the show's compiled early this week 'cos it looks like everyone's out tonight at various do's.

So what better way to come around the next day then by listening to 2 hours of superior Soul music and listening to me battling my own hangover!

Will see a bunch of the old Central crowd tonight down @ Abacus in the city for Lesley's birthday bash and leaving do, so expect a messy show LOL.......

But I'm well-prepped with something for all tastes........

Mascara, Trilark, Romeo Jones, Michael Watson, Inner City, Hiroshima, Diva Gray, Dolette McDonald, T.T.F., Andre Lee, George Clinton, Peaches & Herb, Earl Jackson, Gary The Master Blaster, Cecil Lyde, Earl White Jr, Stanley Williams, Brenda Holloway, Marvin Gaye, J. Harris, Marvin Gaye, Martine Girault, Bran Van 3000, One Way & Luther Vandross

Tune-in and keep the party running from the comfort of your own home!

The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, Every Sunday LIVE between 2.00-4.00 pm only on www.starpointradio.com.

Have fun all!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well, it was one of THOSE weekends! Action-packed from Friday through to Sunday afternoon which made for a challenging show LOL.

Amazingly it went without any obvious hitches this week. So all good! Maybe I should stay up for 36 hours and come in hung-over more often!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 5th October 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Mascara feat Luther Vandross - See You In L.A.

Trilark - Love Never Looked Better

Rodeo Jones - Natural World

Michael Watson - Holding On

Inner City - Whatcha Gonna Do With My Loving

Hiroshima - One Wish (Instrumental)

Diva Gray - Call, I Got What You Want

Dolette McDonald - (Xtra) Special

T.T.F. - Surprise, Surprise

Andre Lee - Something About Your Love

2nd Hour

George Clinton - Please Don't Run From Me

Peaches & Herb - I Need Your Love So Desperately

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction

Gary The Master Blaster - Caf Regio's

Earl White Jr - Very Special Girl

Stanley Williams - Count The Days

Brenda Holloway - Home Is Where The Hatred Is

Marvin Gaye - Come Get To This

Marvin Gaye - I Want You

J. Harris - My Baby

Martine Girault - Revival

Bran Van 3000 - Call Me (I'll Be Around)

One Way - Don't Think About It

Luther Vandross - See Me

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-10-05-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee! Prestatyn was rockin' last week but it's good to be back behind the studio decks again.

So back LIVE again tomorrow from 2.00-4.00pm on www.starpointradio.com for the Original Mastercuts show. There's a rumour that Savannah and her friends may join us again so who knows what to expect....?

Music's looking GREAT though......

Rufus & Chaka Khan, Fat Larry's Band, Sonja Grier, Lil' Louie, Denitria Champ, Ten City, Halo, Skool Boyz, Ruth Dawes, Wanda Walden, Paul Laurence, The Funk Brothers Vs Six Million Steps, The Four Tops, Bobby Hutton, Garland Green, Turn Of The Century, Vermeytta Royster, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Tina Broussard, Private Eye, Bobby Caldwell, Earth, Wind & Fire & Kenny G, Johnny Hudson, Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle

........and naturally there'll be a Levi Stubbs tribute @ 3.00pm on the dot!

See y'all tomorrow!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Missed everyone last week due to being in Prestatyn, but I'm happy to say that the audience figures were great to say it was a repeat show, so thanks everyone! I'm away next week as well, so keep the faith!

Happily I'm back LIVE this week with a truly exceptional line-up of great music and a special tribute to Levi Stubbs which I only just managed to get through without blubbering! Well, it obviously moved me anyway!

As per usual the show covers the whole spectrum, so kick back for a couple of hours and enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 19th October 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Rufus & Chaka Khan - Any Love - Dimitri Re-Edit

Fat Larry's Band - Straight From The Heart

Sonja Grier - Right Here, Right Now

Lil' Louie - New Dance Beat

Denitria Champ - I've Had Enough

Ten City - One Kiss Will Make It Better

Halo - Let Me Do It

Skool Boyz - Superfine (She Looks Good From Behind)

Ruth Dawes - I Love Only You

Wanda Walden - Don't You Want My Loving

Paul Laurence - There Ain't Nothing Like Your Lovin'

2nd Hour

The Funk Brothers & Dr Martin Luther King Vs Six Million Steps - Bernadette's Dream

The Four Tops - Bernadette

The Four Tops - Walk Away Renee

The Four Tops - I Just Cant You Out Of My Mind

Bobby Hutton - It's All Been Said Before

Garland Green - Just Loving You

Turn Of The Century - Money Can't

Vermeytta Royster - The Shelter Of Your Arms

Gladys Knight & The Pips - The Look Of Love

Tina Broussard - Why Do I Feel So Sad

Private Eye - No One Can Love You Like Me

Bobby Caldwell - I'll Be Around

Earth, Wind & Fire & Kenny G - I Like The Way You Move

Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle - Never Knew Love Like This

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...9-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D :wicked:

Social source share

Hi there Ian!

A wonderful show. A very emotional and heartfelt tribute to Levi Stubbles (yes, that was his name, although better known to the general public as Stubbs), his legacy will go on and on...

Loads of other great things on your show as well:

Halo - Let Me Do It

Ruth Dawes - I Love Only You WHAT A CRACKER - I NEED THIS ONE :lol:

Bobby Caldwell - I'll Be Around WHERE´S THIS FROM PLEASE, FEATURING THE VOCALS OF JEFFREY OSBORNE

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Ian!

A wonderful show. A very emotional and heartfelt tribute to Levi Stubbles (yes, that was his name, although better known to the general public as Stubbs), his legacy will go on and on...

Loads of other great things on your show as well:

Halo - Let Me Do It

Ruth Dawes - I Love Only You WHAT A CRACKER - I NEED THIS ONE :thumbup:

Bobby Caldwell - I'll Be Around WHERE´S THIS FROM PLEASE, FEATURING THE VOCALS OF JEFFREY OSBORNE

Cheers,

Melismo

Hi Mel,

Glad you enjoyed it dude! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been away for a week.

The Ruth Dawes is just thunderous isn't it? Killer groove from Profile Records. The Bobby Caldwell track is from the CD Come Rain Or Come Shine (1999).

I'm back live again tomorrow!

Best,

Social source share

Way hey, I'm back again LIVE tomorrow afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm on The Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com following a week in Fuerto Ventura last week.

As per usual, the show covers a number of areas over the last 3 decades with the emphasis on uptempo House, Garage & Disco 2.00-2.30, some solid 80's Grooves 2.30-3.00pm, some Northern, Modern & Great Soul 3.00-3.30pm, some killer Slow Grooves 3.30-3.45pm and we round off with a brace of classy Soulful gems to close the show.

Tomorrow we're looking at........

New Love Symphony, Connor Reeves, Samantha James, Frisky, Jimmy & Vella Cameron, Above & Beyond, Splendour, Homeboy & The C.O.L., Paradise, Marlena Shaw, Brenda Holloway, Vermeytta Royster, The Jackson 5, Friends Of Distinction, Niteflyte, Patches, Charles Russell, Jesse Gomez, The Young Heart, Ralph Tresvant, Kaiya, Stephanie Mills & Eugene Record

See y'all at 2.00pm sharp!

Social source share

OK back from holiday and it felt great to be back behind the decks for another 2 hours of beautiful Soulful gems from across the whole spectrum. Just a mere week away and I'd missed it!

So join the party, kick back for a couple of hours and enjoy it!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 2nd November 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

New Love Symphony - Love Ballad

Connor Reeves - Nobody But You (Booker T Remix)

Samantha James - Angel Love (Scott Wozniak Remix)

Castle Beat - Today, Tomorrow & Forever

Frisky - You Got Me Dancing In My Sleep

Above & Beyond - Love, Love, Love

Splendour - Special Lady

Cameo - We're Going Out Tonight

Homeboy & The C.O.L. - A Love Connection

Paradise - One Mind, Two Hearts

2nd Hour

Marlena Shaw - California Soul

Brenda Holloway - Home Is Where The Hatred Is

The Jackson 5 - Looking Through The Windows

Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass

Niteflyte - All About Love

Patches - I'm Gonna Make This World A Better Place

Jesse Gomez - Lace

The Young Heart - Sweet Love

Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity

Kaiya - Scandalous

Stephanie Mills - You're Puttin' A Rush On Me

Eugene Record - Overdose Of Joy

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...2-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D

Social source share

Hi Ian!

Another wonderful show! Many gems, for instance:

Jesse Gomez - Lace

Kaiya - Scandalous

Cheers,

Mel

Social source share

Hi Ian!

Another wonderful show! Many gems, for instance:

Jesse Gomez - Lace

Kaiya - Scandalous

Cheers,

Mel

My most faithful listener Mel! As always spot on mate! Many thanks........ :D

Social source share

Well, it looks like it's gonna be another typical November Sunday afternoon with the rain lashing down, so pour yourself a nice cuppa or maybe something stronger and settle down for 2 hours of beautiful soulful gems from across the eras.

Coming up today LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm on The Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com.

The emphasis this week is just on pure quality songs, so curl up and lose yourself to......

Betty Wright, First Choice, Main Ingredient, Angie Stone, Basic Black, Glenn Jones, Swade, Solo, Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass, Rene & Angela, Bernard Wright, Barbara McNair, Edward Hamilton & The Arabians, The Velvelettes, Darrell Banks, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Edwin Starr, Rena Scott, Ujima, Bobby Womack, Billy Paul, Des'ree, David Ruffin, The Spinners, Ashford & Simpson, Jean Carn & Tongue N' Cheek

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Wow. Last week was some week with what with Barack Obama winning the U.S, presidential election and then it was remembrance Sunday before I knew it!

So this Sunday plenty of remembering, that's for sure - I decided to be indulgent and play a whole heap of faves from the last 3 years of the show today. So join the party, kick back for a couple of hours and enjoy the show!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 11th November 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Betty Wright - Where Is The Love - Danny Krivit Re-Edit

First Choice - Armed & Extremely Dangerous

Main Ingredient - Happiness Is Just Around The Bend

Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You

Basic Black - Whatever It Takes

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Today's Your Lucky Day

Glenn Jones - Meet Me Halfway There

Swade - Spend My Day Alone

Solo - Blowin' My Mind

Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass - Two Hearts

Rene & Angela - Secret Rendevous

2nd Hour

Barbara McNair - Lone Lonely Town

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians - Baby Don't You Weep

The Velvelettes - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You

Darrell Banks - Open The Door To Your Heart

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You

Rena Scott - We Can Make It Better

Ujima - I'm Getting Hip (To Your Ways & Actions)

Bobby Womack - Daylight

Billy Paul - It's Too Late

Des'ree - You Gotta Be

David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love

The Spinners - Games People Play

Ashford & Simpson - Get Out Your Hankerchief

Jean Carn - If You Wanna Go Back

Tongue N' Cheek - Tomorrow

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-11-09-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Hi there Ian!

The music you feature on your show is always right up my street.

Some of my faves this time:

Bobby Womack - Daylight

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Hi there Ian!

The music you feature on your show is always right up my street.

Some of my faves this time:

Bobby Womack - Daylight

Cheers,

Melismo

Great minds think alike Mel! laugh.gif

Many thanks mate. Great taste by the way!

Social source share

God, the weeks are just rushing by at the moment aren't they? It doesn't seem a minute since I finished last week's show and here we are again.how

No probs though! As per usual we'll be looking forward to another 2 hours of Soulful Sunday gems later today between 2.00-4.00pm LIVE on The Original Mastercuts Show on www.Starpointradio.com.

So please feel free to join us for our own 'lil party.

A special 30 minute section today on the glory years of the Blackpool Mecca between 3.00-3.30pm as they're knocking down what was one of the greatest clubs in UK dance music history, so there'll be the usual touch of nostalgia no doubt.......

....and plenty of stoprming tunes courtesy of Will Downing, Satoshi Tomiie & Frankie Knuckles featuring Arnold Jarvis, Ten City, Denitria Champ, Duke, Passion, Millie Jackson, The Verdict, Bryan Loren, J.P. Rogers Jr, Van McCoy, Vernon Burch, Carl Graves, Daltry Martin, Rosey Jones, Rock Candy, The Montclairs, Young Holt Unlimited, Kenny Latimore & Chante Moore, Tommy McGhee, Jimmy Levine, The Gap Band, Tina Moore & Stephanie Mills

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :unsure:

Social source share

Lots of action around the country this week with the Blackpool Tower weekender, the White Bull @ Gisburn and the Wakefield City Soul Club @ The Red Bar, so here's a chance to catch up with the show this week including a 'lil tribute to the wonderful Blackpool Mecca - one of the UK's most influential dance clubs in it's heyday which unfortunately is in the throws of being demolished as we speak..........

Other than that, the usual spectrum of Soulful music from House, Garage, 80's & Slowies to Northern and Modern Soul from the different eras........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 16th November 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Will Downing - The World Is A Ghetto

Satoshi Tomiie & Frankie Knuckles feat Arnold Jarvis - And I Loved You

Ten City - Right Back To You (Steve 'Silk' Hurley New York Mix)

Duke - So In Love With You

Passion - You Can't Hide It

Millie Jackson - Something 'Bout Cha

The Verdict - That's Where I Come In

Bryan Loren - For Tonight

J.P. Rogers Jr - All My Lovin'

2nd Hour

(Inc 30 minute Blackpool Mecca Tribute)

Van McCoy - Soul Improvisations Pts 1 & 2

Gary The Master Blaster - Caf Regio's

Vernon Burch - Frame Of Mind

Carl Graves - Heart Be Still

Daltry Martin - Everybody Dance

Rosey Jones - Have Love Will Travel

The Montclairs - Hung Up On Your Love

Young Holt Unlimited - California Montage

Kenny Latimore & Chante Moore - Here We Go

Jimmy Levine - Wonderful

The Gap Band - I Found My Baby

Tina Moore - Never Gonna Let You Go

Silk - Simply Beautiful

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-11-16-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Hi there Ian!

Another great show!

For instance some 70´s danceable magic stuff:

Quality 80´s soul boogie:

And a 90´s white artist that I thought everybody apart from me had forgotten about by now:

Also been some time since I heard:

So glad to hear it again.

To sum things up: yet again another great show with nothing but quality music!!!

All the best

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Hi there Ian!

Another great show!

For instance some 70´s danceable magic stuff:

Quality 80´s soul boogie:

And a 90´s white artist that I thought everybody apart from me had forgotten about by now:

Also been some time since I heard:

So glad to hear it again.

To sum things up: yet again another great show with nothing but quality music!!!

All the best

Melismo

You must be the most well-listened person in the world Mel! Your enthusiasm knows no boundaries mate. Keep up with the podcasts! thumbup.gif

Best,

Social source share

Way Heeeey!

Gettin ready for another Sunday afternoon showdown on the Original Mastercuts Show coming up LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm today.

Also Alan's threatening to join me and the gang for some fun & beers in the studio today PLUS I have a 'lil radio exclusive for those of you who are fans of the greatest record of all time LOL......

Plus the usual A grade bunch of tunes to rock a Sunday afternoon (and not the usual ones either) from......

T-Empo, Chic, Phil Perry, Tafuri, Kinsman Dazz, Idris Muhammad, Linda Hopkins, The Fantastic Four, Mary Clark, Spyder Turner, Yvonne Baker, Brenda Holloway, The Carstairs, James Bynum, Rideout, Jackie Stoudmire, Barry White, Deborah Cox Vs Monica & Brandy, Viola Wills, Amii Stewart, Damaris & Diana Ross

See y'all @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D :wicked:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Way Heeeey!

Gettin ready for another Sunday afternoon showdown on the Original Mastercuts Show coming up LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm today.

Also Alan's threatening to join me and the gang for some fun & beers in the studio today PLUS I have a 'lil radio exclusive for those of you who are fans of the greatest record of all time LOL......

Plus the usual A grade bunch of tunes to rock a Sunday afternoon (and not the usual ones either) from......

T-Empo, Chic, Phil Perry, Tafuri, Kinsman Dazz, Idris Muhammad, Linda Hopkins, The Fantastic Four, Mary Clark, Spyder Turner, Yvonne Baker, Brenda Holloway, The Carstairs, The Four Tracks, James Bynum, Rideout, Jackie Stoudmire, Barry White, Deborah Cox Vs Monica & Brandy, Viola Wills, Amii Stewart, Damaris & Diana Ross

See y'all @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Coming up in 90 minutes LIVE folks!

Social source share

Join us for another 2 hours of scintillating music from across the eras from the 60's to the 00's including a first-ever radio play of the one-off acetate-only alternative instrumental mix of the Carstair's "It Really Hurts Me Girl" amongst a whole ream of other goodies!

Other than that, the usual spectrum of Soulful music from House, Garage, 80's & Slowies to Northern and Modern Soul from the different eras........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 23rd November 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

T-Empo - Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

Chic - Your Love (Frankie Knuckle's Mix)

Phil Perry - Amazing Love (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Tafuri - What Am I Gonna Do

The Richie Family - Quiet Village

Kinsman Dazz - Love Design

Idris Muhammad - Tasty Cakes

Linda Hopkins - It's In Your Blood

The Fantastic Four - Got To Have Your Love

Mary Clark - Take Me I'm Yours

2nd Hour

Spyder Turner - I Can't Make It Anymore

Yvonne Baker - You Didn't Say a Word

Brenda Holloway - All I Do is Think About You

The Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl - Instrumental Mix

The Four Tracks - Charade

James Bynum - Time Passes By

Rideout - Something Special

Jackie Stoudmire - Invisible Wind

Barry White - You're The One I Need

Deborah Cox Vs Monica & Brandy - It's Over Now (The Boy Is Mine)

Viola Wills - Dare To Dream

Amii Stewart - Friends

Damaris - What About My Love

Diana Ross - Someday We'll Be Together (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-11-23-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up today @ 2.00-4.00 LIVE - The Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com.

Packed to the rafters this week with a veritable smorgasbord of brilliant soul from all eras taking in all genres for a 2 hour show that simply oozes great stuff from beginning to end including......

KWS featuring Teddy Pendergrass, The Young Disciples feat Carleen Anderson, Cool Million featuring C.J. Anthony, Tata Vega, Lee Garrett, Napoleon, Curtis Hairston, Paul Laurence, Kaiya, The Magnificents, Bridge, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Jackson Five, The Temprees, The TSU Tornadoes, Terry Callier, Billy Jones, Garland Green, Sex, Virgil Henry, Timmy Thomas, Lamont Dozier, The Temptations, Frankie Knuckles featuring Sheldon Beckton & Tavares with Freda Payne

See ya LIVE @ 2.00pm!

Ian D :ohmy:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

A nice lively show this week and another lovely Sunday afternoon vibe - many thanks to all for joining me - always great to have a sociable crowd!

As with every Original Mastercuts show we highlight the usual spectrum of Soulful music from House, Garage, 80's & Slowies to Northern and Modern Soul from the different eras........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 30th November 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

KWS featuring Teddy Pendergrass - The More I Get, The More I Want

The Young Disciples feat Carleen Anderson - Apparently Nothing (K-Klass Remix)

Cool Million featuring C.J. Anthony - Give Me My Love

Tata Vega - Get It Up For Love

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything

Napoleon - Why

Curtis Hairston - The Morning After

Paul Laurence - Strung Out

Lenny Williams - Messing With My Mind

Kaiya - What You Trying To Do

The Magnificents - On My Way Up

2nd Hour

Marvin Gaye - Sunny

Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun

The Jackson Five - I Wanna Be Where You Are

The Temprees - At Last

The TSU Tornadoes - What Good Am I

Terry Callier - Look At Me Now

Billy Jones - I'll Keep Holding On

Sex - It's You (Baby It's You)

Virgil Henry - You Ain't Saying Nothing New

Marvin Gaye - Abraham, Martin & John

Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together

Lamont Dozier - Fish Ain't Biting

The Temptations - The Jones (Dr Bob Jones Remix)

Frankie Knuckles featuring Sheldon Beckton - It's Hard Sometimes

Tavares with Freda Payne - I Wanna See You Soon

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-11-30-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

And coming up later today another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasborg of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems......

Yep it's another Original Mastercuts Show coming to ya LIVE with Ian D today between 2.00-4.00pm on www.starpointradio.com

Kick back, pour a glass and groove along to.......

The Dreamgirls Cast, Ann Nesby & Al Green, The Paradise Orchestra, Absolute, Richard Stepp, Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited, Esther Williams, La Famille, Game, Willie Hutch, Lee David, Aldora Britton, Tony Drake, Barbara Acklin, Bobby Womack, Wendell Watts, Cornelius Brother & Sister Rose, The Mayberry Movement, Bill Brandon, Brenda Holloway, The Moments, Holland & Dozier, Chaka Khan, Ray Simpson & Shara Nelson

See you @ 2.00 sharp!

Ian D :elvis:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems......

Dunno what happened towards the end of the show here but apparently "the stream started buffering" (whatever that means) towards the end of the GREAT Ray Simpson tune and then kept dropping out towards the end of the show, so we've had to fade the recording appropriately dammit!

Will try and post up a better link in the next day or so, but here's 1 hour 50 minutes of the full 2 hours of the time being........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 7th December 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

The Dreamgirls Cast - Family (Blaze Remix)

Al Green & Ann Nesby - Put It On Paper (Spen & Karizma Remix)

The Paradise Orchestra - Colour Me (70's Classic Mix)

Absolute - Introduce Me To Love

Richard Stepp - Caught Up In A Whirlpool

Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited - Let's Do The Latin Hustle

Esther Williams - You Gotta Let Me Show You

L.J. Johnson - 24 Hours A Day

La Famille - Dancer

Game - Never Get Enough

Willie Hutch - Easy Does It

2nd Hour

Lee David - Temptation's Calling My Name

Aldora Britton - Do It With Soul

Wendell Watts - The Grooviest Thing This Side Of Heaven

Tony Drake - Suddenly

Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl

Bobby Womack - Tried And Convicted

Cornelius Brother & Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now

The Mayberry Movement - Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am, I'm Yours

The Moments - Sexy Mama

Holland & Dozier - Why Can't We Be Lovers

Chaka Khan - Love You All My Lifetime (The Diva Edit)

Ray Simpson - Crazy Pictures (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Shara Nelson - Down That Road

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-12-07-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Social source share

Hi Ian!

Another very classy & very eclectic set!

:D

Some of my favourites:

La Famille - Dancer

Game - Never Get Enough

Cheers,

Mel

Social source share

Hi Ian!

Another very classy & very eclectic set!

:lol:

Some of my favourites:

La Famille - Dancer

Game - Never Get Enough

Cheers,

Mel

LOL, so I got it perfect in the second half-hour I guess! :P

Thanks as always Mel. You're the most musically-educated listener I have mate!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

OK, all done and sorted. Another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com

And coming up today @ 2.00 sharp......

Curtis Mayfield, Yolanda Adams, Ivan Matias, Karyn White, Stephanie Mills, Mother's Finest, Val Young, Rick James, Willie Hutch, The Marvelettes, Jerry Cook, Rita Dacosta, The Ideals, The Detroit Executives, The Ohio Players (featuring Towanda Barnes), J.J. Barnes, Martha Reeves, Garland Green, Brenda Holloway, Blackstreet, Zion Train, Clausell, Shot, Switch & The Love Unlimited Orchestra featuring Brownstone

Ian D :)

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Technical snafus mean that Sundays show will not be available via the usual link, which is a real bitch because it was a KILLER show. Oh well, c'est la vie, these things happen but what can one do? There was a power outage which resulted in some breaks in the internet transmission which meant that some portions of the show were lost forever dammit!

However, here's what I did play, so you can IMAGINE how good the show was LOL.......

Another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst, on Sunday 14th December 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

For all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (Eric Kupper Remix)

Yolanda Adams - Open My Heart (Steve 'Silk' Hurley Spiritual Mix)

Ivan Matias - I've Had Enough (Frankie Knuckles Mix),

Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous (Dave Shaw/Winston Jones Mix)

Stephanie Mills - The Medicine Song

Mother's Finest - Your Wish Is My Command

Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely

Rick James - Glow

Willie Hutch - Brothers Gonna Work It Out

2nd Hour

The Marvelettes - Only Your Love Can Save Me

Jerry Cook - I Hurt On The Other Side

Rita Dacosta - Don't Bring Me Down

The Ideals - The Mighty Lover

The Detroit Executives - Cool Off

The Ohio Players (featuring Towanda Barnes) - Love Slipped Through My Fingers

J.J. Barnes - Sweet Sherry

Martha Reeves - No One There

Brenda Holloway - All I Do Is Think About You

Blackstreet - We're Gonna Take You Back (Lude)/Don't Leave Me

Zion Train - Rise

Clausell - Let Me Love You

Shot - Main Thing

Switch - Keeping Secrets

The Love Unlimited Orchestra featuring Brownstone - Love's Theme/If You Love Me

Best,

Social source share

A lovely little pre Xmas warm-up this week, where I'll be joined by my old partner in crime Alan Champ for another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com.

And coming up this week.......

Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Brownstone, John Simeone, Caroline Crawford, Ray Simpson, Diana Ross, Mosely & Johnson, The Pasadenas, Endia Johnson, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Silver Platinum, Cheryl Lynn, The Dynamic Tints, Clyde Brown, Ty Karim, The 5th Dimension, George & Gwen McCrae, The Funk Brothers, Garland Green, Felice Taylor, The O'Jays, 7 Samurai, Faze Action, The Neville Brothers, Dooley Silverspoon & Jeannie Burton and Jimmy & Vella Cameron

Very eclectic and very tasty.....

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Coming up in just over 90 minutes, the Original Mastercuts show featuring an Xmas special with original co-presenter Alan Champ joining me for 2 hours of spectacular music and jocular banter from 2.00-4.00pm LIVE on www.starpointradio.com featuring.........

Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Brownstone, John Simeone, Caroline Crawford, Ray Simpson, Diana Ross, Mosely & Johnson, The Pasadenas, Endia Johnson, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Silver Platinum, Cheryl Lynn, The Dynamic Tints, Clyde Brown, Ty Karim, The 5th Dimension, George & Gwen McCrae, The Funk Brothers, Garland Green, The Salsoul Orchestra feat Denise Montana, Felice Taylor, 7 Samurai, Faze Action, The Neville Brothers, Dooley Silverspoon & Jeannie Burton and Jimmy & Vella Cameron

Very eclectic and very tasty.....

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

A special Xmas show this week when my old partner in crime Alan Champ re-joined me for 2 hours of sterling Soul music and banal chatter LOL......let's put it this way, a great time was had! So tune in and join the party...........

Another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ, on Sunday 21st December 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Brownstone - Love's Theme/If You Love Me (Atomix Re-Shape)

John Simeone - Who Do You Love

Carolyn Crawford - A Nice Feeling

Ray Simpson - Crazy Pictures (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Diana Ross - The Boss (David Morales Remix)

Mosely & Johnson - Classy Blue

The Pasadenas - Weak At The Knees

Endia Johnson - Love Education

Bootsy's Rubber Band - Disciples Of Funk (Return Of The Funkateers)

Silver Platinum - I Am

Cheryl Lynn - You Saved My Day

2nd Hour

The Lovelites - Get It Off My Conscience

The Continental Four - What You Gave Up

The Funk Brothers - Ain't No Mountain High Enough Inst (Alternative Take)

Ty Karim - Lightin' Up

The 5th Dimension - What Does It Take

Garland Green - Girl I Love You

The Salsoul Orchestra feat Denise Montana - Merry Christmas All

Felice Taylor - It May Be Winter Outside

7 Samurai - Marvin

Sam Bostic - This Is For You

Faze Action - Broad Souls

The Neville Brothers - One More Day

Dooley Silverspoon & Jeannie Burton - Am I Losing You

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-12-21-Starpoint.mp3

Merry Xmas!

Social source share

Another special holiday show again this week with Alan Champ hopefully re-joining me again for 2 hours of sterling Soul music and banal chatter!

The usual 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com

Coming up this week.........

Tongue N' Cheek, Deep Sensation, DJ Spinna, Atmosphere, Crown Heights Affair, Royalle Delite, Bobby Nunn, Dolette McDonald, Atlantic Starr, Johnny Hudson, Frank Beverly & The Butlers, Christine Cooper, The Casanova Two, Esther Phillips, Sons Of Robin Stone, Don Downing, George & Gwen McCrae, Lou Courtney, J.R. Bailey, Gwen McCrae, Ty Karim & George Griffin, Al Green, Zion Train, David Peaston & Jimmy & Vella Cameron

See ya @ 2.00pm!

Ian D :wave:

Social source share

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR LISTENERS! HERE'S TO 2009!

What a show this week! Alan Champ joined me on the wheels of steel for the second week in a row and naturally it was a gas and an absolutely brilliant way to round off the year!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ, on Sunday 28th December 2008 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

Tongue N' Cheek - Tomorrow

Deep Sensation - Somewhere, Somehow

DJ Spinna - Music In Me (Come Alive)

Atmosphere - Dancing In Outer Space (Francois Kevorkian Re-Mix)

Crown Heights Affair - Dreaming A Dream (Ian D Re-Edit)

Royalle Delite - I'll Be A Freak (For You)

Bobby Nunn - Don't Knock It (Until You Try It)

Dolette McDonald - (Xtra) Special

Atlantic Starr - When Love Calls

2nd Hour

Frank Beverly & The Butlers - If That's What You Wanted

Christine Cooper - Heartaches Away My Boy

The Casanova Two - We Got To Keep On

Esther Phillips - Catch Me I'm Falling

Sons Of Robin Stone - Got To Get You Back

Don Downing - Lonely Days, Lonely Nights

George & Gwen McCrae - Winners Together, Losers Apart

Lou Courtney - I Don't Need Nobody Else

Gwen McCrae - 90% Of Me Is You

Ty Karim & George Griffin - Keep On Doing Whatcha Doin'

Zion Train - Rise

David Mensah - My Day

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...8-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Into a brand new year with another 12 months of Original Mastercuts shows to look forward to and boy what a line-up we have to kick off with! 80% of this weeks show is filled with tunes or versions which we've never played before and guess what?

They're ALL brilliant!

Welcome to 2009 and another year of beautiful sublime Soulful grooves from beginning to end featuring......

The Originals, DJ Kawasaki, 7 Samurai, The Gap Band, David Peaston, Banderas, Prime Time, Gene Chandler, Bobby Warren, Jackie Beavers, Vincent Montana Jr, Johnny Johnson, The Five Stairsteps & Cubie, The Promises, The Natural Four, Carl Hall, The Dramatics, The Pointer Sisters, Blair, Deitrick Haddon & The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Brownstone

LIVE and direct from 2.00-4.00pm today on www.starpointradio.com folks. Let's kick off 2009 in style!

Social source share

Into a brand new year with another 12 months of Original Mastercuts shows to look forward to and boy what a line-up we have to kick off with! 80% of this weeks show is filled with tunes or versions which we've never played before and guess what?

They're ALL brilliant!

Even a nasty case of 'Manflu' couldn't put me off this week!

Welcome to 2009 and another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 4th January 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

The Originals - Down To Love Town (Dimitri Full Length Disco Citay Remix)

DJ Kawasaki - Because Of You

7 Samurai - Brothers

The Gap Band - Someday (FR Re-Work)

David Peaston - We're In This Together (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Banderas - This Is Your Love

Prime Time - I Owe It To Myself

Gene Chandler - All About The Paper

Bobby Warren - The Time Has Come For Us To Be Free

2nd Hour

Jackie Beavers - Trying To Get Back To You Girl (SonnyDJ Reconstruction)

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over (What's The Matter With You)

Jimmy James - A Man Like Me

The Five Stairsteps & Cubie - Please Stay Close To Me

The Promises - This Love Is Real

The Natural Four - Try Love Again

Carl Hall - What About You

The Dramatics - What You See Is What You Get

The Pointer Sisters - Don't It Drive You Crazy

Blair - Nightlife

Deitrick Haddon - Inspiration

The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Brownstone - Love's Theme/If You Love Me (Atomix Re-Shape)

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-01-04-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

a smorgasbord

Hi Ian!

Glad to see that you know a bit of Swedish too. Smorgosbord is a Swedish word that we´ve exported to England,

which is also the case with words such as orienteering and ombudsman that you got from us :thumbsup:

Ok, ´scuse my ramblings, let´s get back on track:

Great show again and these were some of my favs this time:

The Gap Band - Someday (FR Re-Work)

Prime Time - I Owe It To Myself

Bobby Warren - The Time Has Come For Us To Be Free

Jackie Beavers - Trying To Get Back To You Girl (SonnyDJ Reconstruction)

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over (What's The Matter With You)

Carl Hall - What About You

The Pointer Sisters - Don't It Drive You Crazy

Cheers,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!