Jump to content
  • Sign Up

No bootleg/pirated or illegal material

The long running no bootleg policy has been updated to....

No recent bootleg/pirated or illegal material may be sold via the Soul Source forums



Members Comments

Recommended Comments

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:43, dylan said:

No recent bootleg is a good thing but what about no bootlegs full stop regardless of when they were made ?

 

that would be better imo.

:hatsoff2:HI MIKE....I hope the message gets through, especially to the younger brothers & Sisters on the Soul Scene, who are keen to embrace all aspects that the scene has to offer,  Over the last 50 years that the Rare/Northern Soul Scene has been going, the bootlegs have been part of it, initially our naivety & lack of Knowledge meant many of us bought bootlegs as a affordable way to recapture the sound of the All-nighter that we attended on a Saturday night, however this is not the case today as many dealers who use to be 100% anti bootlegs now seem to stock them, It would be so un-soulful to allow the new people to the scene, think that these bootlegs are going to be worth investing in for the future, and indeed when records the are called 2nd press, re-pressings are misleading, 

:thumbsup:I am pleased that SOULSOURCE is reiterating the Anti-Bootleg policy,

:yes:SOULSOURCE IS KEEPING THE FAITH IN 2018 by being a NO BOOTLEGS 4 SALE.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS KTF TO ALL MY READERS (the Ed).  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would like to just add to the original post the following

This policy regarding 'illegal items' is a simple normal day to day UK standard website legal policy

Just like any other UK based website we can not offer the selling of illegal items

Moderation is at times reactive, so if you do spot any 'illegal items' for sale then please let us know asap via the 'flag this post ' feature or the  'contact us' feature that show on every page

thanks

mike

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2017 at 16:43, dylan said:

No recent bootleg is a good thing but what about no bootlegs full stop regardless of when they were made ?

 

that would be better imo.

I completely agree, it's bad enough seeing 100s of boolegs for sale on e bay. Also, what qualifies as a 'recent' bootleg?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulatthedale said:

I completely agree, it's bad enough seeing 100s of boolegs for sale on e bay. Also, what qualifies as a 'recent' bootleg?

'recent' bootleg for the purpose of moderation is taken to be a recently (as a guide this century) manufactured 45 that is known to be illegal

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as a side note to all of this...
ALL dealings of pirate / bootleg / illegal material, be it for sale or exchange / trade is not permitted. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2017 at 13:06, mike said:

Would like to just add to the original post the following

This policy regarding 'illegal items' is a simple normal day to day UK standard website legal policy

Just like any other UK based website we can not offer the selling of illegal items

Moderation is at times reactive, so if you do spot any 'illegal items' for sale then please let us know asap via the 'flag this post ' feature or the  'contact us' feature that show on every page

thanks

mike

 

1

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2018 at 19:05, soulatthedale said:

I completely agree, it's bad enough seeing 100s of boolegs for sale on e bay. Also, what qualifies as a 'recent' bootleg?

I have to say that the term “ recent “ does not do the policy and justice at all, and agree with both Dylan and Soulatthedale . A bootleg is by its very nature just that and would it not be better to not allow any full stop . 

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'recent' policy using this century as a guideline is workable.

A more historic blanket policy imo on all bootlegs could not be enforced without major changes and do feel that nothing would be gained by having such a policy, giving the amount of time passed along with the often 'confusing' background/history of 20-50 year old pressings/bootlegs/2ndreleases

 

 

 

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.