The Commotions - "sock It To Me", Unreleased Acetate

Guest shnaggletooth

Guest shnaggletooth

I actually already posted about this disc on "Look in Your Box" forum a few months back, but I didn't inquire about possible going rates, etc. List this as an auction, a BIN, necessary to do include an expensive 'featured item'?

It's a beat-up 10" metal acetate of "We're Going To Make It Someday" b/w "Sock It To Me". Both sides play only "good", with scratchiness and the usual cheap acetate sound-quality (DivShare File - commotions - sock it to me _excerpt_.mp3), though no skips. "Sock It To Me" side looks like it got it was present in the same room as a paint spray-gun, with some small white-paint gobs here-and-there. "Sock It To Me" is unreleased in any format. This acetate was apparently an original member's personal copy.

th_commotions10-inch-1.jpg

Edited by shnaggletooth
Social source share

Guest shnaggletooth

Bump for any educated guesses on value, or on the need to do an expensive "featured item" or other attention-getting ebay gimmick.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Guest shnaggletooth

No mention of Blue Rock on the blank acetate labels -- just the song titles, typed onto the labels.

The acetate is now owned by someone in the UK. I would upload onto divshare the entire song, but I don't know about the copyright/legal issues -- even if it an unreleased track.

Edited by shnaggletooth
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!