Easy Living

Hi everyone one ov my fave records is Easy Living i've got it on the rare stamps album, but just been on SOULFUL DETROIT website and found it by the HOLIDAYS on groove city quite surprised never knew they did it :lol: can anyone enlighten me as to whether it was actually released and if so how much they go for (bet its dream money!! :) thanx in anticipation luv Di x

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest topcatnumpty1

Di----Easy Living/I,ve Lost YOU---Groove City 206--The New Holidays--Dark Green(same as Sam Ward and Steve Mancha) i didn,t think it was in the £300 bracket tho.

Regards

T.C. AND THE FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN

Hello Di,

Yes it did come out on Groove City (Detroit), it's quite a hard one to obtain more than £300

Kind regards

Paul

Social source share

I only have it by 'JJ Barnes' on UK Stax, but here's a picture of the Groove City 45:

post-5094-1197925276_thumb.jpg

As far as I can remember the Rare Stamps album wrongly credits the track to J.J.Barnes it is infact by Steve Mancha and Steve Mancha was one of The Hollidays which as far as I'm concerned the Groove City track and the Rare Stamps track are one and the same thing. Can anyone else confirm ????????????? plus Chalky is right it is a rare record and one I've been after for many a year without success and of course not wanting to pay the £400 price tag.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

As far as I can remember the Rare Stamps album wrongly credits the track to J.J.Barnes it is infact by Steve Mancha and Steve Mancha was one of The Hollidays which as far as I'm concerned the Groove City track and the Rare Stamps track are one and the same thing. Can anyone else confirm ????????????? plus Chalky is right it is a rare record and one I've been after for many a year without success and of course not wanting to pay the £400 price tag.

Regards

Alan

The Rare Stamps track (from memory) is a different cut and to my ears a different vocalist, I belive the RS track is infact correctly attributed to JJ Barnes and of course the Hollidays track is Steve Mancha just listen to it it can't be anyone else.

If you can find a Hollidays Groove City 45 at £400 I would recomend you buy it as it is a very hard 45 to locate.

Kind regards

Paul

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Yes Di, i thought the 2 versions were one and the same as the credits are wrong on the l.p.(don,t know where i got NEW Holidays from--still amazed at the price --but Chalky will know

Regards

Tony and the Football Hooligan.

Thanks for confirming that.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

The cut of Easy Living on Rare Stamps is identical to the Holidays on Groove City and features Steve Mancha on lead vocal. It is erroneously credited on the J.J. Barnes side of the RS album.

Spot on Gareth.

They are the exact SAME recording.

On the JJ Barnes UK STAX 45, the flip to "Baby lease Come Home" this is ALSO the same Steve Mancha (Holidays) record.

So in short, if you need the 45, go for the UK STAX JJ Barnes copy, cos it's the same darn thing!

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

Just played my JJ Barnes / Steve Mancha - Rare Stamps - Volt vos3001 Easy Living back to back with the Hollidays - Groove City 206 and they are definately different takes. The GC 45 time on label = 2.40 but plays 2.30 The RS track 2.54 but plays 2.40

Also the Steve Mancha vocal on the Groove City take is much more basey than the Volt take I still believe to be JJ Barnes although there voices are very similar

Kind Regards

Paul

Social source share

The Holidays 45 and the Rare Stamps version are the same cut. A different mix for the Stereo lp, but undeniably the same take and undeniably Steve Mancha on vocals on both. I've never heard the J.J. Barnes UK Stax 45 version, so cannot comment on that. Can anyone post a soundclip of it?

Social source share

Gareth,

The Stax JJ Barnes record is the Steve Mancha recording, if you noticed on my first mention of it, I put 'JJ Barnes' in inverted commas as it isn't him singing but Steve Mancha. The 45 was just credited to him on the label :wave:

I don't have the Rare Stamps LP itself, but do have the "Sound of Detroit" CD with it and the Darrell Banks LP as a 'two fer'

I assume it will be the same as the Stax 45 albeit the LP version may be in stereo (I've never really noticed though)

I'll have to compare them sometime I suppose - unless someone else beats me to it that is :lol:

(I do have an MP3 of the CD version, but not of the 45, as I always assumed they were the same)

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

Gareth,

The Stax JJ Barnes record is the Steve Mancha recording, if you noticed on my first mention of it, I put 'JJ Barnes' in inverted commas as it isn't him singing but Steve Mancha. The 45 was just credited to him on the label :yes:

I don't have the Rare Stamps LP itself, but do have the 'Groovesville Masters' CD with it and the Darrell Banks LP as a 'two fer'

I assume it will be the same as the Stax 45 albeit the LP version may be in stereo (I've never really noticed though)

I'll have to compare them sometime I suppose - unless someone else beats me to it that is :lol:

(I do have an MP3 of the CD version, but not of the 45, as I always assumed they were the same)

Right, John, I think we're all agreed.

The Holidays US Groove City 45 version

The 'Rare Stamps' LP 'JJ Barnes' version

The UK Stax 45 'JJ Barnes' version

Are all the same record...

...by Steve Mancha.

:wave:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source