Playbox Stuff For Sale

Martint

Consolidated list from the last three sales posts I've made. Sold items removed and some reductions. P&P extra. Paypal accepted (no charge).

A few albums:

Ernestine Anderson The new sound of (Sue) US original in excellent condition. Includes "Keep an eye on love". "N-R" stamp on back of sleeve. £65

Brother jack McDuff - The natural thing (US Cadet original, stereo) EX/EX+ Brilliant hammond jazz album, one of the best. £20

Marge Dodson A lovely way to live (US Decca album) EX/EX included Be Your baby £20

John Edwards Life love and living (US Cotillion) original album still sealed with deletion cut in sleeve. M/M £10

Original 45s, mainly US with some very nice UK pieces. All prices in pounds, lots of hard to find records here.

1. The Trends If you don't dig the blues/Not too old to cry ABC 10731

USA EX+ issue. Very slight storage lift NAP, sticker on label. 150

2. Honey and the Bees Why do you hurt the one who loves you/Go now

Arctic 141 USA M- white demo 100 Superb detroit dancer.

3. The LA Rays Yesterday and you/A woman like you Arlen 517 USA EX 75

Awesome early group harmony soul sound.

4. Jeanette Williams Something [good's] gotta hold on me/Looking for

your love Back Beat 587 USA M- 150 Absolutely brilliant as featured on

the Kent LP "Hot chills and cold thrills". Underplayed oldie IMO.

5. Shirley Lawson One more chance/The Star Back Beat 567 USA EX Demo

Stunning double sider.

6. David Coleman Drown my heart/My foolish heart Barry 1013 USA M- wol

on flip 100 Brilliant latin soul double sider.

7. Gerri Granger Ain't it funny/ (Return to sender) don't want your

letters Bigtop 3128 USA EX 100 Superb main room ready soulful R&B dancer

8. Linda Jones You hit me like TNT/Fugitive from love Blue Cat 128 USA

VG+ label wear, scruffy vinyl with lots of light marks, plays great 100

9. Eddie Bo Our love will never falter/Lucky in Love Blue Jay 157 USA

M- 100 Brilliant new orleans gritty northern dancer.

10. Kenny Carlton Lost and found/Wait till I get you in my arms Blue

Rock 4054 USA VG+ Slight storage lift, both sides play perfectly. 250

11. The Demures Raining Teardrops/He's got your number Brunswick 55284

USA EX Yellow demo 350 All time classic. Lovely copy.

12. Incredibles Miss Treatment (Audio Arts) white demo. Labels slightly discoloured EX 100

13. Fred Lowery with Big Bo and the Arrows - I'm sorry (Atco white demo) great hammond/R&B dancer EX 50

14. George Kirby What can I do Good night Irene Cadet 5523 USA VG++ a few ugly non audible marks, wol, DJ copy. Plays superbly (was sold to me as M-) 350 300

15. JR Bailey Love won't wear off as the years wear on Instrumental Calla 158 USA EX+ Demo, label marked. 100

16. The Enjoyables Push a little harder We'll make a way Capitol 5321 USA VG+ Quite a lot of very light marks, plays great both sides 100

17. Patrice Holloway Ecstacy Love and desire Capitol 5778 USA VG+ some ugly but non audible marks, otherwise nice 150

18. Mary Sneed When I was 15 Boy he sure looks mad Capitol 5291 USA M- 50

19. Chubby & the Turnpikes I didn't try I know the inside story Capitol 5840 USA VG+ light marks and a little crackle on flip, IDT plays completely clean 150

20. Frank Polk Love is dangerous I am your man Capitol 5581 USA VG++ 100

21. Lee Williams and the Cymbals Lost love Peepin' Carnival 527 USA VG Looks worn but plays great 40

22. Rudy Lambert Love Let's stick together Club 7 1234 USA VG++ SOLD

23. Mike Vickers On the brink The Puff Adder Columbia 7657 UK EX 150

24. Tommy Navarro I cried my life away Club of Broken hearts De Jac 1253 USA M- 150

25. Marge Dodson Be your baby The world is a toy shop Decca 32306 USA M- Pink demo, some wol 150

26. The Hipster Image Can't let her go Make her mine Decca 12137 UK VG Looks worn with some nasty looking marks on flip but plays superbly on both sides. Northern slowie and mod freakbeat classic 150

27. Gladys Tyler A little bitty girl Only the one you love Decca 31991 USA VG- looks totally shagged but plays fine with a few pops. DJ'd with it for years with no probs. 80

28. Sisters Three You can forget it Can you qualify? Early Bird 49655 USA EX White demo 80

29. James Duncan All goodbyes ain't gone You've gotta be strong Federal 12555 USA M- DH 75

30. Ella Thomas and the Dollets Thing called love Baby GD&L 2002 USA M- 250

31. The Sandpipers Lonely too long I really love you Giant 105 USA VG Carl Fortnum's old copy (name in run out!) looks worn but plays mint 150

32. Liz Lands Midnight Johnny Keep me Gordy 7030 USA EX light label wear 80

33. Robert Ward I will fear no evil My love is strictly reserved for you Groove City 201 USA EX+ 30

34. Darrow Fletcher Infatuation Little Girl Jacklyn 1003 USA M- SOLD

35. Ricardo King On a hot summer's day in the big city Won't you come on home Joker 712 USA EX x on label 40

36. Patti and the Emblems I'm gonna love you a long long time My heart's so full of you Kapp 897 USA VG(+) has an undeveloped pressure crack, not open at all and hasn't changed since I had it.Hard to spot even! Quite a lot of very light scuffs. A little crackle in the run in but defo no probs for Djing with. SOLD

37. Regina Sherard A woman's work is never done Helpless baby King 6172 USA VG Labels discoloured and disc looks worn but both sides play EX+++ brill northern R&B c/w crossover magic 150

38. The Vonns So many days Leave us alone King 5793 USA VG+ White demo, labels discoloured, lots of light marks but plays superbly. Brilliant record. 100

39. Mary Love You turned my bitter into sweet I'm in your hands King 1024 UK EX Light label wear. Not Mint but a but lovely copy. 250

40. Explosive Dynamiks Whole lotta loving I need you Lemco 1005 USA VG both sides very scruffy from being unsleeved until I found it, but WLL plays perfectly. 600

41. Kenny Shephard What difference does it make Try to understand Maxx 332 USA M- 200

42. Roy Hamilton The panic is on There she is MGM 13217 USA VG++ Just a few light scuffs from M- 100

43. Eartha Kitt Anyway you want it baby There comes a time Musicor 1220 USA EX 150

44. Jackie Beavers Come back my love Understatement of the year Nation 21765 USA VG+ lots of light marks but plays great 50

45. The Del Rays Rosiland Mama was right New Breed 711 USA EX Labels reversed 100

46. John Andrews It's just love A rose growing in the ruins Parlophone 5455 issue UK EX+ 350

47. Gil Scott Heron Lady day and John Coltrane When you are who you are Philips 6073 705 UK M- Tiny sticker on label. No centre, as per the actual pressing. 100

48. Misty Moore The little things Can't believe you're gone Pzazz 10 USA VG+ a few scruffy looking marks but plays perfectly. Brilliant underplayed dancer. 250 225

49. The Contacts You gonna pay Why little girl Quadran 40001 USA VG+ Visible play wear but plays absolutely great. Green/Yellow original. 200

thanks

Martin

Edited by martint
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now