Perennial Problem: Same Stuff

I know theres no answer to the perennial problem of people in the majority of local venues (local to me that is)only wanting to hear, and dance, to the same old,but how can people from different parts of the country come together at a weekender and still only want to hear the same stuff? Is there some type of communication going off which tells local promoters in differing areas of the country what to play?I know its been a topic discussed to death on here over the years - in that why cant new stuff be introduced and hence become part of a new set of stuff to hear so that people become used to hearing new tunes and, who knows, may like them and actually get up and dance to them?

I heard a set of about 4 hours yesterday that had one or two records which were new to me but the majority I knew, granted the rest of the people in the room just sat and looked on but surely the right beat, rhythm and `proper` northern sound to these tunes should get people up or at least look slightly interested?! I just cant understand it but then again perhaps I`m from a different mind set!!

Sharon

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!