Edinburgh Record Shops

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

As I'm off to Edinburgh (for the festival) over the bank holiday weekend I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a few record shops worth a visit?

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest rachel

I've not been in any of these for a year or so, and there's nowhere with a great deal soul-wise but these are worth a look...

Backbeat Records - 31, East Crosscauseway, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9HE - soul stuff always used to be in the little room at the back, be prepared to clamber over boxes :ohmy:

Record Shak - 69, Clerk St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9JG - not far from the above, been known to have some good albums.

Avalanche Records - 17, West Nicolson St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9DA - also close to the previous two, used to have a few bits on the modern side.

Vinyl Villains - 5, Elm Row, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 4AA (top of Leith Walk) - small selection of 7"s and 12"s last time I was in there, plus they usually have a box of soul behind the counter but again, nothing stunning.

Hope that helps (and don't blame me if you spend hours and there's nothing :unsure: )

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Guest uroffal

I've not been in any of these for a year or so, and there's nowhere with a great deal soul-wise but these are worth a look...

Backbeat Records - 31, East Crosscauseway, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9HE - soul stuff always used to be in the little room at the back, be prepared to clamber over boxes :unsure:

Record Shak - 69, Clerk St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9JG - not far from the above, been known to have some good albums.

Avalanche Records - 17, West Nicolson St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9DA - also close to the previous two, used to have a few bits on the modern side.

Vinyl Villains - 5, Elm Row, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 4AA (top of Leith Walk) - small selection of 7"s and 12"s last time I was in there, plus they usually have a box of soul behind the counter but again, nothing stunning.

Hope that helps (and don't blame me if you spend hours and there's nothing :ohmy: )

WOW! Thanks (again) - I'll try to check these out (am used to spending hours and hours and finding nowt so there'll be no blame attached :ohmy: )

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. Record Stores In Edinburgh?
    All About The Soul by ljblanken on Thu 07 Jun 2012
    • 5 / 1375
    • ljblanken on 08 Jun 2012
  2. Waverley's Record Store, Edinburgh 3