Al Mac

Just one up for grabs, pm any questions or offers…..

Al McCarther – His true love for you – Two Guitars 900 Ex Offers SOLD

This just has to be one of the most subtle beat ballads known to the scene, luxuriously rich vocals, light drum intro, meandering flute and string backing on a wave of melancholy dreaminess, a gem and to die for. Remained remarkably hard to find over the years, so much so that it was booted to meet the demands of the “Popcorn” scene traditional to Europe, but don’t worry this is a genuine machine stamped original. We can safely assume it’s an east coast press because of its Rockaway, New Jersey pressing plant origins, however with what appears to be only one other release on the label by the Shirley Brothers and judging by the title “Sound of the bugles” it probably explains why the label didn’t survive! It’s the same old story with Northern though, these short-lived enterprises lead to so many 45s becoming obscure and sought after.

There’s nowt on the artist I can find, the distributors an publishers are almost a mystery, but one producer Chip Taylor (James Voight) is in fact the brother of actor Jon Voight and uncle to Angelina Josie, whose been involved with many big hitters over the years including the Troggs, Chrissie Hynde, Jimi Hendrix and our own PP Arnold to name a few. A stamp of quality on this 45 in itself.

Vinyl has light fingernail and sleeve marks, nothing to concern or affect feedback in any way, a lovely player at Excellent overall. Labels may not be sharp white, not sure the paper used ever was, but they are clean. A delight for a record of this stature in today’s world. I’m happy to take offers for a few days, keeping you informed of progress, but will sell if I get an offer I can’t refuse.

PayPal as friends or add 4% please or I can send bank details

Postage - Latest 2021 Prices for up to 250g):

£10.65 - Special Delivery (Fully insured up to £2500)

Overseas on Request

Cheers, Lee

AM1.thumb.jpg.f99cdffaeaf6cbe1cfe185a34470536d.jpg 

AM2.thumb.jpg.16195e1fa19889028c25e41a72f991ab.jpg

512473286_TwoGuitars.jpg.8159b291a92984d880bbee707664dab5.jpg

Edited by Soulfulsolutions
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic