gazman

• Replies 7
  • Views 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Picked this up recently and was hoping someone could give me a bit of info on it. I believe it's from Texas. Who are they, rarity etc?

Thanks

gary

this is rare, this was on ebay recently, i was the second bidder at something like $100, I don't remember exactly. Wasn't the other side a cover?

Social source share

this is rare, this was on ebay recently, i was the second bidder at something like $100, I don't remember exactly. Wasn't the other side a cover?

Bob

Thanks for that. I stupidly assumed both sides are the same as they have the same title (no mention of pt1 or pt2).

Just played the B side and it's a continuation of side 1. Both sides are a medley of known sweet tunes. I'll put them up on the deep/sweet thread so you can hear them.

A curious record indeed!

Incidentally I got it for £13!!!

thanks again

gary

Edited by gazman
Social source share

Bob

Thanks for that. I stupidly assumed both sides are the same as they have the same title (no mention of pt1 or pt2).

Just played the B side and it's a continuation of side 1. Both sides are a medley of known sweet tunes. I'll put them up on the deep/sweet thread so you can hear them.

A curious record indeed!

Incidentally I got it for £13!!!

thanks again

gary

I think they must have another 45, this isn't the one I bid on but it was defintiely this group and one of the sides was sweet soul, a cover of something else I don't remember right now.

Social source share

I think they must have another 45, this isn't the one I bid on but it was defintiely this group and one of the sides was sweet soul, a cover of something else I don't remember right now.

Thanks Bo.

I checked Popsike and this one went through in December last year for $169. I'd love to hear any other stuff from them as their vocals are wonderful.

gary

Social source share

Thanks Bo.

I checked Popsike and this one went through in December last year for $169. I'd love to hear any other stuff from them as their vocals are wonderful.

gary

that is the record I bid on, I was the second bidder and butch was the first bidder. It is rare. I remember it was a cover (even though it's not credited), I will listen to your audio clip when I get home and see what it is a cover of (or at least correct myself if I was wrong).

Social source share

that is the record I bid on, I was the second bidder and butch was the first bidder. It is rare. I remember it was a cover (even though it's not credited), I will listen to your audio clip when I get home and see what it is a cover of (or at least correct myself if I was wrong).

Bob

Thanks for you help, again! The track is a medley of tunes such a s natural high, Crystal Blue persuasion, I love you for all seasons, etc. Very nice renditions in my opinion.

gary

Social source share

Bob

Thanks for you help, again! The track is a medley of tunes such a s natural high, Crystal Blue persuasion, I love you for all seasons, etc. Very nice renditions in my opinion.

gary

maybe the audio clip in the auction just played the start of one of the tracks, which is why I thought it was a cover (even though the title obviously indicates it's a medley of multiple songs). Nice find, thanks for the info. It is rare though, I'd never seen it before and it's not listed in the soul harmony singles book.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert