Help Needed With Identifying A Tune

I've come across some old tape recordings from my early days and even I know this definately be easy for you as it was (well at least in Germany in the 80s/90s) a real floor filler, I can't remember either singer or titel. Unfortunately the quality is bad too, so there might be some missinterpretation too... Anyhow, two lines of the refrains are (first he speaks loudly):

" I, --- never be ---- apart on you" and then "PLEASE ---- say -- that you love me too" and then it goes "ta ta ----- ta ta ----- ta".

He pauses a few times, after the stretched I, the apart on you is sung quicker, ... Any clues?? Be great cause I'd really want to have that on one!

Many thanks,

Nils

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've come across some old tape recordings from my early days and even I know this definately be easy for you as it was (well at least in Germany in the 80s/90s) a real floor filler, I can't remember either singer or titel. Unfortunately the quality is bad too, so there might be some missinterpretation too... Anyhow, two lines of the refrains are (first he speaks loudly):

" I, --- never be ---- apart on you" and then "PLEASE ---- say -- that you love me too" and then it goes "ta ta ----- ta ta ----- ta".

He pauses a few times, after the stretched I, the apart on you is sung quicker, ... Any clues?? Be great cause I'd really want to have that on one!

Many thanks,

Nils

link

Jay & the Shufflers - Always be mine - Crackerjack?

Well it does go "ta ta.......ta ta ....ta" !

Social source share

Jay & the Shufflers - Always be mine - Crackerjack?

Well it does go "ta ta.......ta ta ....ta" !

link

Nope, that's not it. Too classic, the one I'm searching for has much more power/energy, a modern style... Geee, if I could manage to convert that tape recording in to a mp3 file...

Social source share

• 11 months later...

Finally got to know the name of the artist and song. It's Terry Collins with "I love you". Anybody an idea whether there is a digital version out there, maybe a sampler??

Social source share

Finally got to know the name of the artist and song. It's Terry Collins with "I love you". Anybody an idea whether there is a digital version out there, maybe a sampler??

Track 12 of CD

Various Artists

"You Better Believe It - Rare & Modern Soul Gems"

Came out about a year ago, mostly 70's atlantic stuff

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!