Guilty Pleasures

Supercorsa

I came in from work today to find the latest record to add to the collection had been delivered that morning. Anyway I digress, the record was one of four that I used to only have on a 4 track bootleg (nightbeat ep) from my scootering days back in the 80's (now all replaced with 4 originals). The 4 tracks were Jimmy Soul Clark - Sweet Darlin', Chubby Checker - At The Discoteque, Billy Butler - The Right Track & Tony Clarke's Landslide.

I purchased the Chubby Checker last year at the 100 Club, but at the time I felt a little embarrassed at buying such a well known and easily available record. It was the feeling that it was one of those records that should have been tucked away in the collection many years ago, but had now become a symbol of the played out oldie, as such feeling like it should have been placed in a brown paper bag and I should hastily make my exit (a bit like buying top shelf magazines :thumbup: , or so I've been told :) ).

Has anybody else felt like this when buying any records, or indeed have you been prevented from buying a record you want for fear of ridicule? :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

your taste in music has always been like mine for top shelf mags Ian but after years of buying them i just dont care anymore shades.gif

I just knew was a bit dodgy Bearsywhistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert