Jack Ashford

Guest mrs norman maine

Guest mrs norman maine

Afternoon all.

I was driving through Oxfordshire last weekend and caught the tail end of a radio show called 'The Soul Prescription'. The presenter said that the studio guest this week is Jack Ashford. I think the show is on BBC Oxford from 17.00-1900 on Sundays.

I'm off out now, but will have a proper root around later and check my facts: the radio was quite crackly and I was tired, so I may have mis-heard.

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

Hmm...well I found a link to the show. Can't see any mention of Jack Ashford though. Maybe it was a figment of my imagination. g.gif

Looks like this guy Will plays some fairly mainstream stuff, but he's had some cracking guests on the show: Bettye Lavette, Terry Callier, Otis Williams, Candi S, etc.

So even if Mr. Ashford isn't on tomorrow, there's should be some interesting chat in the archives.

Link below-

Soul script

Social source share

Hope it is an interview with the great man Mrs Maine...........................he stayed in the hotel that Mrs Shrews works a couple of years ago when he toured with "a" Funk Brothers band.

He was really up for talking about the ole days and didn't mind Mrs Shrews grilling him about pied piper productions etc at all.

Do you know if we can listen outside Uk ?

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Just listening now and Jack Ashford will be on in 20 minutes.

Sorry Paul, I don't know if you can listen in Holland, but as it's on the interweb thingy*, I expect so

*technical term

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert