How much is it worth??

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Following on from the madness that is ebay bidding. How much is your fave record worth, to YOU, if you dont have it??

I recently posted on here about a record I had spent 20 years trying to find out what it was, and then tracking down a copy. OK that sounds more grand than it actually was, but it is as close to the truth as any other way of putting it.

The day I was told someone had a copy, and he told me I could have it for £150, I tried not to bite his hand off, and asked for a while to think. Did three swift walks round the block, and said OK I will take it at that price.

I didnt have a scooby what it was 'worth'. And maybe dealers have loads of copies. But after 20 years of not seeing it, and never hearing it played, I just thought 'bollocks, it could be worth £1, but I dont give a damn. I want that record in my possesion as quickly as possible'.

Now a copy of Valerie Lamarr 'Shame' is played in my lounge at least ten times every night, and I have built up a massive phone bill calling mates and playing it down the phone to them.

If I had ten times what I paid for that record, and could spare it, I would have paid over a grand, and no mistake. It is probably the only record I would have done this too.

So if the opportunity arrives, and you guys are in the same position as me. That record turns up, how far would you go??

ps this isnt some kind of testosterone ebay fantasy bid question. I just love that record and had to think of another way of talking about it on here ;-)

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!