Independent Record Stores - Uk

Guest Carl Dixon

Guest Carl Dixon

With recent events and the pressing up of 45's myself, I have never been more aware that these small independent shops are providing an invaluable service to those who would rather have a physical copy and traditional medium in their collection. What I had not realised is that many collectors will also purchase a CD or even an MP3 download and pay for a song more than once. I have been investigating how I can sell a vinyl and offer a free download with a unique code to the customer to accompany the sale. This would give the shop an angle when selling the record over the counter if they can be in the mix too, maybe with a url on the sleeve to acquire the mp3 if wanted.

I am also looking at how a record collector can obtain a downloadable pdf file of artwork, sleeve notes, trivia, web addresses, photo's etc, plus the lyrics, presser and anything else that would make a purchase have more 'worth' when buying a 45 or MP3 off the internet or a 45 from the independent record shop.

My question is how many high street independent record shops sell 'soul' in this country and also have Internet presence as well, to sell their vinyl/cd's on line? And would they think having digital matter available for free download would help their sales efforts? They would not have to be involved per se, but would know trivia exists and could help give their customers something extra that is available on line that could be printable at home.

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!