Current Values Please

grant

one or two i'm looking to buy ...............

misty moore - little things - pzazz

jc messina - time wont let me - tom king

betty brooks - funky funky - le cam

helen shapiro - stop and you will become aware - columbia

thanks

grant

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thanks

grant

misty moore - little things - pzazz around the £200 mark ?

Don

Social source share

thanks

grant

jc messina listed at £100 in Manships guide but i've seen a few on ebay recently not getting a bid at £30, watch out for the boot though.

Social source share

What idiots are paying this ?? Thought an extra nought had gone on... What' s up is ' a known ' D J spinning it out ?rolleyes.gif

my thoughts exactly, i would have thought £80 tops, not in demand, just a tune ive always liked and wish i hadnt flogged it a few years back

Social source share

yeah know all about the boot mate, original has matrix stamp methinks. yes.gif

easier way if record not in your hand is label (compare print on "tom king production) boot written in caps

original

post-9242-12683241772935_thumb.jpg

boot

post-9242-12683241999131_thumb.jpg

Social source share

easier way if record not in your hand is label (compare print on "tom king production) boot written in caps

original

post-9242-12683241772935_thumb.jpg

boot

post-9242-12683241999131_thumb.jpg

note the different fonts (original has a gothic type font, also note that the record toime is slightly to the left nearer the record middle than the boot too.

Social source share

note the different fonts (original has a gothic type font, also note that the record toime is slightly to the left nearer the record middle than the boot too.

yes i noticed this, managed to pick up the original about 2 years ago of ebay for £8 (inc p&p) think others may have thought it a boot due to low start price.

Social source share

also got this one on the Swedish capitol label, paid more for this as i got it from a dealer

post-9242-12683357591459_thumb.jpg

post-9242-12683359860311_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

yes i noticed this, managed to pick up the original about 2 years ago of ebay for £8 (inc p&p) think others may have thought it a boot due to low start price.

I got one at the 100club about 2 years ago £10,stolen sort of gave someone too save not seen him since,and a copy of another tidy record. same night.......theyre stamped stereo i think,stamped anyway,so forget the label

Social source share

I got one at the 100club about 2 years ago £10,stolen sort of gave someone too save not seen him since,and a copy of another tidy record. same night.......theyre stamped stereo i think,stamped anyway,so forget the label

yes ken stamped KELDON in run-out but was just pointing out other differences, as like the one i got off ebay the seller didn't give much info so i went on the label.

Social source share

yes ken stamped KELDON in run-out but was just pointing out other differences, as like the one i got off ebay the seller didn't give much info so i went on the label.

I think some are stamped stereo aswell,prefure outsiders

Edited by ken
Social source share

I think some are stamped stereo aswell,prefure outsiders

i like both versions, that's why i have both. (relating to a different thread) as a dj why would you buy records that you don't like, (sorry if off topic).

Social source share

i like both versions, that's why i have both. (relating to a different thread) as a dj why would you buy records that you don't like, (sorry if off topic).

Because my memory bank thought messina was the bees and i saw one cheap(had a real copy in the 7Ts),ones memory can play tricks....it didnt get back home anyway,someone posted it on refo-clip and i thought a tenner wasnt the bargain i thought it was,and put my outsiders on the decks and woooosh i was happy again.i collect all sorts of records but dont dj with 'em all or buy everything for just playing out. I was trying not to say how bad messinas was but you have drawn me in.

outsiders maybe a bit more than a tenner great record,messina £100 and messy totaly unsoulfull...but if i see another massina for a tenner i'll buy it again and i will sell it for say £50 to someone who likes it and buy five good records,or swap for something more in keeping with me play box.

I think i made that clear in previous threads.

J D MESSINA - TIME WON'T LET ME - TOM KING - damp squid,7Ts

Sounds like Elton John havin' a really really bad day,more rock opera than n/soul.

Expencive tat biggrin.gif

OUTSIDERS - TIME WONT LET ME.MP3 - powerfull tune,with tom king in the outsiders i think,6Ts

Edited by ken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert